Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

WiFi range issues with Breeze

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a wifi issues sometimes with my breeze - from time to time I lose connection with WIFI. Moreover I cannot reach higher altitudes due to the wifi issues. Should I update my breeze ? Or will update make it even worse ? 2018-08-19 19_01_24-Mój dysk – Dysk Google.png

What sort of altitude are you trying to reach ? And how far away is the breeze when connection drops ? Remember the Breeze is a short range selfie-drone, and can't really compete with the ranges of its larger cinematic brothers that don't rely on the wifi on a phone... the max you're going to get is 100m out and 80m up. Are you getting those sorts of distances ?

The latest firmware should only improve things, although you should check that by searching this forum for threads that mention any problems with the latest version. I haven't seen any, but then I don't have a Breeze, so haven't been looking...

Last edited:
Hi, I am losing connection around 15m up from the starting point. I am considering to order a wifi extender however before it comes I thought that maybe firmware is also the case here. However for some users update did disable the connection with the drone so this is the reason why I am asking :)

Hi, I am losing connection around 15m up from the starting point. I am considering to order a wifi extender however before it comes I thought that maybe firmware is also the case here. However for some users update did disable the connection with the drone so this is the reason why I am asking :)

From what your screenshot shows for version numbers you are at the latest European firmware.

Since you are using an Android, I would suggest that you put it in Airplane Mode, then enable WiFi and connect to the Breeze. This will help keep your phone from seeking an active internet connection while flying the Breeze.

You might also try removing your protective case if used on your device, especially if it is metallic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis