Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Will H480 Bag, realsense and ST16 work with Plus?

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the following?
Will the Plus will fit in the rucksack supplied with the H480 pro.
Can I move the realsense module from the H480 to the Plus?
Will ST16 controller from a H480 pro v2 work with the new Plus as a 2nd controller in team mode?

Can anyone confirm the following?
Will the Plus will fit in the rucksack supplied with the H480 pro.
Can I move the realsense module from the H480 to the Plus?
Will ST16 controller from a H480 pro v2 work with the new Plus as a 2nd controller in team mode?
Yes I can!
Yes,
Don't think so,
Definitely not!

The Plus will fit in the same box/bag as the H480, Yuneec uses the same for both.

I have reason to believe the RealSense modal uses different firmware. This is an area that needs investigation. More on this at the end.

The ST16 controllers are also different. The H480 uses the ST16 and the ST16+. The H Plus uses the ST16S, which looks similar but is a completely different flight controller.

The Wizard Wand is also NOT compatible with the Plus system. The only way to use a Plus in Team Mode is to use 2 ST16S controllers, and they are pretty $pendy.

About the RealSense, I was told thru a Yuneec video that the Plus uses a "Newer version of the RealSense" I do not know what that means. But I do notice that they work differently, the Plus being more sensitive and refined than H480 Pro. I also know the RealSense firmware versions are displayed in a different format, with different values on the two controllers for each aircraft. These modules are specifically set up to get their firmware thru very different cameras, and I am reluctant to swap them out for testing, don't want to brick anything.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on the CGO3+ camera from the h480 working on the Plus?

I have just bought a Plus and was thinking of buying a 2nd hand H480 pro RS as a backup and to give me options in sharing batteries ect..

I was wondering how hard it would be to change the lens in the cgo3+ for somthing with greater magnification to use for building inspections?

The H480 and the H Plus aren't exactly siblings, more like 2nd cousins once removed.
The CGO3+ will not work on the H Plus and the C23 will not work on the H480.
The only things shared between the two aircraft is the Body Shell Gimbal Mount and Landing Gear, everything else even the air frame is different. However the batteries are interchangeable in the aircraft, but not the in the chargers.

I cannot address the GCO3+ lens question, but I'm sure someone else can.

Thanks for the info - I guess I either use a modified H480 or buy another c23 and try and modify that.

Is anyone else out there having problems with the ST16 ground station not seeing or loading the Real Sense module?
I'm getting a message telling me to restart the drone.

Any thoughts on the CGO3+ camera from the h480 working on the Plus?

I have just bought a Plus and was thinking of buying a 2nd hand H480 pro RS as a backup and to give me options in sharing batteries ect..

I was wondering how hard it would be to change the lens in the cgo3+ for somthing with greater magnification to use for building inspections?

@DCH is right on all that he said; the Plus and the Standard H and H Pro might look similar and they came from the same company but that is where the similarities end. It is going to be highly unlikely that you will ever get a CG03+ working on a Typhoon H Plus. If you do a search there is a ton of info on this forum in regards to aftermarket lenses though I have not used one.

I changed the lens in my CGO3+. Originally to Pixaero 6mm, but it had a blur/haze on the left 1/3 of the frame. I then switched to the CD 82 3.7mm lens. I'm happy with the video and pictures from the CD lens however, I'm unable to create mapping 3d images now because the information coming from the camera is related to the old lens it should have, not the one I installed. So even though the images are obviously better for clarity and depth, it won't process a 3d map now. I own mapping software that I process on my own computer that works with every other drone I use, except now the H480 because of the lens. I'm unable to change the file information for that particular lens, as the jpg focal length, aperture, and exposure bias is unable to be edited. It did work prior to lens change with the original lens. I did ruin one camera also attempting to change the lens accidentally breaking a weld on the IMU and then frying the IMU board attempting to solder wire back on. The pixaero lens also caused lines to appear in white portions of the picture, the CD lens did not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval