Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Will not go backwards

Reaction score
I was flying q500 4k drone and had a problem with it .
When flying it it very slow. Also it would go left , right and forward. It would go backwards.
The fly’s fine but it has no backward motion.

What is wrong with it?
Thank you
Mike

How well do the controls respond to your inputs when viewing the Hardware Monitor?

Reactions: WTFDproject
Sounds like problems with the stick pots. Maybe corrosion that can be cleaned up, Maybe by a recent calibration that went wrong. Which can also be fixed. Maybe by something else that will take more information to determine.
The basic question is always the same;
What happened between the last time it worked correctly, and first time it did not?
Things like calibrations, firmware updates, long storage periods are common things to consider. Any repairs/modifications are also important. Any accidents involving a shock/drop/hard landing of either the drone or the controller. And anything else you can think of.
If there was an SD card in the controller, you can upload the flight logs to the forum for a better review.
See Q500 and Chroma Flight Log Retrieval for flight log retrieval.
See Control Stick Gimbal Maintenance for cleaning the stick pots.

Reactions: DoomMeister
How well do the controls respond to your inputs when viewing the Hardware Monitor?
For this sounds like trying to go back into save circle. What flight mode do you use? Smart mode (status LED green)? Or did this also happen in Angle mode?

br
Not how to use the hardware monitor ( gui ) . All the other controls worked fine. I was only about 50 up away from me .

I was flying in the smart mode.

It’s been about 2 years sense I have flown it. The last time I used it I had no problems.

Sounds like problems with the stick pots. Maybe corrosion that can be cleaned up, Maybe by a recent calibration that went wrong. Which can also be fixed. Maybe by something else that will take more information to determine.
The basic question is always the same;
What happened between the last time it worked correctly, and first time it did not?
Things like calibrations, firmware updates, long storage periods are common things to consider. Any repairs/modifications are also important. Any accidents involving a shock/drop/hard landing of either the drone or the controller. And anything else you can think of.
If there was an SD card in the controller, you can upload the flight logs to the forum for a better review.
See Q500 and Chroma Flight Log Retrieval for flight log retrieval.
See Control Stick Gimbal Maintenance for cleaning the stick pots.
Ho
How do I take the controller apart ?
I took the 4 screws out on the right side post. It started to fall in side the radio.

Hear is a picture of the gui software. Not sure what I am looking at.
Also thank everyone for responding to my post.

Attachments

• A1980EF5-CB2A-47D6-8FC0-858C5F35E461.jpeg
    A1980EF5-CB2A-47D6-8FC0-858C5F35E461.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
I think @h-elsner may have the right key here about being in Smart Mode and the aircraft not backing into the safe circle. Place the Mode switch in Angle mode and see if the aircraft will fly in reverse.

The Hardware Monitor is under System Settings on the ST10+. It allows you to test the sticks, switches, and buttons on the ST10+. The GUI only gives information about the aircraft itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris Koch
I think @h-elsner may have the right key here about being in Smart Mode and the aircraft not backing into the safe circle. Place the Mode switch in Angle mode and see if the aircraft will fly in reverse.

The Hardware Monitor is under System Settings on the ST10+. It allows you to test the sticks, switches, and buttons on the ST10+. The GUI only gives information about the aircraft itself.
I did the test with the controller. All controls are working. Thank you.

Could the follow and watch me mode have any thing to with the problem I am having?

If so how can I turn both off at the same time?
Thank you

I did the test with the controller. All controls are working. Thank you.

Could the follow and watch me mode have any thing to with the problem I am having?

If so how can I turn both off at the same time?
Thank you
The FollowMe/WatchMe are activated when flying in Smart Mode (Main LED is green). You can only have one of those modes active at a time. There is an 8 meter safe circle around the controller and if the aircraft is at or within that circle it will not fly toward you (right stick down).

In Angle Mode (Main LED is purple) the aircraft flies as if you were sitting in the cockpit and flies very much like a helicopter.

The behavior you described is pretty normal for a drone flying in safe mode and at about the distance you mentioned.
Either fly further out or try a different flight mode. If the problem persists, we can look for other issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots