Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Will yuneec go remote ID

I think you'll find the clampdown on tax evasion, by the EU has an impact on the UK elite, and they needed to protect their interests at all costs. The trade negotiations have a possible high probability of failing, so only delaying a no deal Brexit by a year or so. But the EU may have the last laugh, well any country dealing with UK, now the WTO court has been shut down, with just a gentlemans agreement, everybody will abide by the rules, hard to see though, with most UK industry,services, sold off to international conglomerates.
Business always finds away. Deal or no deal, it won't make much of a difference. Business and free enterprise will find a way of making it work, it always has and always will.....

Business always finds away. Deal or no deal, it won't make much of a difference. Business and free enterprise will find a way of making it work, it always has and always will.....
Yes they do. My brother lost his job, the EU pulled a big order and the parts are made within EU. The boss said " Well we've lost the EU market, so I'm closing down and all 50 of you are redundant".. Still 3500 to go at Honda soon, so will see how hollow words support them, mothercare, that found a way did it?Im afraid people talk about "A price worth paying" no we're talking about people's lives here, strong words don't put food on the table, pay the mortgage, or the rent. And yes I'm married to a foreigner too, we've had the racist card played a few times too.

Last edited:
A short range ID transponder produced in quantity should be maybe $10.
Assuring that it has a certifiable response stream might be a problem.
My 4 year old Minim OSD transmits "sureshot" as my ID. :)

Sureshot tell me more about your device

How far is short range?

I would say 2 miles would be sufficient even tho you should not let Ur drone go that far
Depends where you are I suppose. I'm sure there are areas where that signal won't be picked up. As long as your broadcasting I suppose, you would be compliant.

DJI ID app will be available 2020 so apart from the WiFi on your smartphone wonder what we will need to ad to our yuneec drones at the moment I strap a trackimo GPS tracker to the leg of my H in a event of a flyaway

DJI ID app will be available 2020 so apart from the WiFi on your smartphone wonder what we will need to ad to our yuneec drones at the moment I strap a trackimo GPS tracker to the leg of my H in a event of a flyaway
Remote ID may never come to UK as a legal requirement. It will be probably be years negotiating with EASA on some agreement.

Sureshot tell me more about your device
My old CX20 had an Arducopter FC. It was limited, but it did output a Mavlink data stream of telemetry.
To see the telemetry real time you insert a "Minim OSD" into the FPV signal.
The Minim OSD software was configurable for fonts & telemetry anywhere on the pilot's screen.
It included an ID field. It cost about $10.telemetry using a minim OSD.jpg

As for remote ID: it’s much too easy to install a battery powered after market ID and tracking system. PG&E has been using such for all the power line inspections conducted by drones. There’s really no reason for Yuneec, or anyone else, to retrofit anything. Should a law require operators to employ remote ID they could easily be required to obtain such a device on their own. Pretty much how our FAA has handled the ADS-B situation. If you want to fly in that airspace, you get to foot the bill for parts, installation, and certification.
If it's easy to fit and doesn't actually cost that much, it might be a good thing. Beyond line of sight flights might become more acceptable with remote ID?

Yes they do. My brother lost his job, the EU pulled a big order and the parts are made within EU. The boss said " Well we've lost the EU market, so I'm closing down and all 50 of you are redundant".. Still 3500 to go at Honda soon, so will see how hollow words support them, mothercare, that found a way did it?Im afraid people talk about "A price worth paying" no we're talking about people's lives here, strong words don't put food on the table, pay the mortgage, or the rent. And yes I'm married to a foreigner too, we've had the racist card played a few times too.
Yeah, I got made redundant once, back in the Thatcher era. Best thing that ever happened to me. I actually went on to get a job that I actually liked doing....Oh and by the way, I'm married to a foreigner as well. My wife is French.

Honda already said, closing UK operations is nothing to do with Brexit. Mothercare and all the other high street brands that have gone bump recently are nothing to do with Brexit. It's to do with this thing called the internet and how people these days do their shopping from the comfort of their own homes.... People don't shop on their high streets anymore. It's a simple premise, use it or lose it....

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR
Yeah, I got made redundant once, back in the Thatcher era. Best thing that ever happened to me. I actually went on to get a job that I actually liked doing....Oh and by the way, I'm married to a foreigner as well. My wife is French.

Honda already said, closing UK operations is nothing to do with Brexit. Mothercare and all the other high street brands that have gone bump recently are nothing to do with Brexit. It's to do with this thing called the internet and how people these days do their shopping from the comfort of their own homes.... People don't shop on their high streets anymore. It's a simple premise, use it or lose it....
Japanese were never going to say straight out it was Brexit that's well documented. My brother is 63 so your on the scrapheap at 35/40 nowadays. Yes I know all about the internet. Those people still have to get jobs. The pointless post about BMW selling cars, so what, their German, where there's still have an industry, we don't make cars , we are a service industry, which has taken a big hit, we don't make cars anymore, they assembled here because it was a door into the EU, without tariffs. That may now go, and car manufacturers have pulled different models now, Nissan etc. There will be more losers than winners.
" Use or lose it" like the NHS. More crime than ever, 10000 less officers. More foodbanks, Pensioners in poverty, less Doctors,nurses. I'm afraid it's been a downward spiral for years, and will not get better.

Last edited:
So you’re sayin’ the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. What’s new? I just keep wondering when the masses of poor finally figure out they vastly out number the rich, and the security forces charged with keeping them in check, and take what was taken from them back.

So you’re sayin’ the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. What’s new? I just keep wondering when the masses of poor finally figure out they vastly out number the rich, and the security forces charged with keeping them in check, and take what was taken from them back.
They get rid of the poor through austerity. Is that really something to be proud of? Society is vitriol, caustic at the moment, people die, because of there policies, I find anyone so flippant with the truth as brainwashed.

The topic at hand is “Will yuneec go remote ID?” Not Brexit.

Please stay on topic gentlemen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis