Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Winter shot: H Plus

Steve, I love that white sand, looks almost like Panama City Beach's sand. ;)

Seriously though, nice shot. Curious, did this come from three JPEG's or did you use DNG's?

The silicon at PCB was my favorite back in the mid to late 70’s. It was one of the whitest beaches in the world.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Once you have finished any editing there is no extra benefit printing from a tif file, and actually it can take a lot longer because of the file size tif files can get to. As a photographer I would always work from dng to produce the tif edit that if necessary and then save a finished version as a jpg to print from or archive.
I used DNG's and output to both TIFF and JPG. I presume the TIFF file would be better for printing or does it matter?

Reactions: Steve Carr
Once you have finished any editing there is no extra benefit printing from a tif file, and actually it can take a lot longer because of the file size tif files can get to. As a photographer I would always work from dng to produce the tif edit that if necessary and then save a finished version as a jpg to print from or archive.
I found that to be the case. The tiff is 58MB and the jpg is 28MB. When zooming in they appear identical.

Reactions: cbphoto2006

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval