Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wish list for next Typhoon H software update.

I've been getting to know an editing suit called Davinci Resolve 12.5 this last few days and one of things you can do is a zoom. OK, a digital zoom, but a zoom nonetheless. I'm using the free version but it has most of the features of the paid for thing. Only down side is that it is resources hungry and I gotta say that my laptop does struggle a bit with it.

Quite a few video editing programs have zoom. One thing is certain, the CGO3+ will not obtain such capability without buying a new camera.

A lot of what I'm reading in this thread is people wanting two operator capability without having a second operator. For those that haven't been there, you need either two dedicated control units with two operators or you need a ground station with multiple monitors you can sit in front if to make it work. It's not as simple as some may be thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Provide a menu selection for the ST16 to record (or not) the video stream whether or not the CGO3+ camera is recording or not.

On Screen Warnings

Increase the vibration on the ST16, maybe add a small 'ping ping' for first warning 'ping ping ping ping" for final warning.

On screen warnings disappear and do not take over the screen.

Reactions: AZSteveB
Fix the ST16 Time Of Day (TOD).
Using the March 2017 update for ST16, drone and camera.

The ST16 TOD is generally about 1 hour earlier than the correct time.
It can be set correctly and displays correctly in the setting menu, but when returning to the flight menu it reverts back to the incorrect time.
It also sometimes decreases instead of increasing, then sometimes jumps 30 minutes or so.
In other words it is wrong in about every way possible.

With the ST16 off a Real Time Clock (RTC) should maintain the time obtained from the last good GPS fix (if the user has selected auto update) to within a +/- 1 sec per day error.
The user selected time zone and daylight savings time selections should also be implemented and maintained.

This correct date and time should then be used to time stamp all files created.

This same date and time should be transmitted to the Typhoon H drone when the TM connection is first made for its use after it corrects the seconds to the first good GPS fix it obtains.

In this way the files created and time stamped by the ST16 and drone will have a coherent set of time stamps and be able to be correlated.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

It can be set correctly and displays correctly in the setting menu, but when returning to the flight menu it reverts back to the incorrect time.
It also sometimes decreases instead of increasing, then sometimes jumps 30 minutes or so.

With the ST16 off a Real Time Clock (RTC) should maintain the time obtained from the last good GPS fix (if the user has selected auto update) to within a +/- 1 sec per day error.
The user selected time zone and daylight savings time selections should also be implemented and maintained.

This same date and time should be transmitted to the Typhoon H drone when the TM connection is first made for its use after it corrects the seconds to the first good GPS fix it obtains.

In this way the files created and time stamped by the ST16 and drone will have a coherent set of time stamps and be able to be correlated.

Bam!

The time stamp (clock) issue is the most frustrating so far, relating to "once I'm done flying"! Thanks, Waldo, for reminding me. Still haven't found a solid "fix" for this.

Jeff

Have the ST16 record the video feed at the same rate and resolution that it received the video.
Currently the recordings are pixelated and frequently loose synch, making it impossible to determine from the recording if and/or when and under what conditions the transmitted video became impaired

Yup.. the clock is a PIA. The St10 just doesn't ever get the correct time but you'd think the 16 would. I'm here in CA this week and my ST time is showing an hour behind. If you use the wifi connection it will update maybe but as noted above doesn't hold. I guess since AZ never does the daylight savings routine I've been unaware this was happening. For some reason at home it's right all the time.

Option for altitude of the H in relation to ground contour rather than st16 elevation.
And the camera connection speed, I still wait for ages even with the latest software update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece