Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wizard Altitude Follow me.

Reaction score
Now that I have everything repaired, I thought I would try the Wizard and the Altitude Follow me/watch me mode.
There are several button combinations you have to hit in order to have it function.
See this chart:
Wizard.JPG
MUST BE IN SMART MODE
I had to first turn on "WATCH ME" mode. This keeps the camera pointed at you, but the aircraft "H" stays still.
I then had to turn on "Altitude Follow me" mode.
Using the wizard on a 10 foot pole, I started with the H about 20 feet in altitude. When I raised up the pole, the H would Climb, When I would lower it, the H would decrease it's altitude, trying to maintain the 20 foot height or distance away from the Wizard.
I was walking up and down my street raising and lowering the pole, I was using the CGO3 app to keep an eye on the camera, she did a pretty good job of keeping me in frame. I did not get too crazy with it, too many trees and power lines around my house.

NOTES:
If you turn on the FOLLOW ME function, it turns OFF the ALTITUDE Follow function.
I think this was the error I made that lead to my crash.

This warning from the H manual.
WARNING: The maximum flight speed of the Typhoon H aircraft is 36.9MPH (16.5m/s). If the movement of the pilot is much faster than 36.9MPH (16.5m/s), the aircraft may fly away.
In follow me mode she can move, when I had it on my Fixed wing, the H had no problems keeping up, it just did not climb to follow. Hence hitting a tree.
I hope to get out to the flying field and try this again soon.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks for the follow up and info !

Here is a short video of me playing with the wizard on a 10 foot pole. I was more interested in the actions of the aircraft than video quality.
As I stated above, you must first activate WATCH ME then activate ALTITUDE MODE.
While I move out of frame, the H did a pretty good job of keeping the Wizard in frame till I started waving the pole around like crazy.
I think I needed to adjust the camera settings with the ST-16 first, then switch over to the Wizard.
Wizard Altitude Follow

Reactions: Dr Delta
Here is a short video of me playing with the wizard on a 10 foot pole. I was more interested in the actions of the aircraft than video quality.
As I stated above, you must first activate WATCH ME then activate ALTITUDE MODE.
While I move out of frame, the H did a pretty good job of keeping the Wizard in frame till I started waving the pole around like crazy.
I think I needed to adjust the camera settings with the ST-16 first, then switch over to the Wizard.
Wizard Altitude Follow

cool footage. love to see H doing the job that well....

The H is great at high speed follow, I find 43 mph max follow speed when the gimbal gives out.

Settings have changed over the years and with the current firmware I find watch me the best setting.

Dynamic altitude with the Wizard works well but is affected by speed. The H has a tendency to drop while accelerating and climb slowing down. Tapping the Wizard buttons smooth things out.

I think the firmware worked better years ago, I could follow orbit..... These are old vids:

Reactions: AeriaL
I learned the hard way about this feature
Thanks for the clarification on the need to turn back on the Alt. follow. In this field there is probably a 30' dif. from one end to the other.

Reactions: AeriaL
You also must watch your speed.
The H will attempt to keep up with you to the point that it will start to lose altitude as it tries to maintain speed.
Make sure you start out with the H a good 30 feet or so above you. The more height, the better it is at keeping the wizard in frame.
The fixed wing plane I was attempting to use is not a speed demon, so the H had no trouble keeping up with it.
I am ready to attempt it again, soon as I can get a windless day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval