Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wizard Question.

Reaction score
Hello, I played with the Wizard a bit. Looks like the H "unbinds" from ST16 and hooks up to the wizard. does that sound right.

Well my real question. Can you hand the wizard to a non pilot "Bike rider, Runner, Bride, boat captain etc". and have that person or vehicle take off with it and then later take back control of H when the shoot is finished in the same flight.

Thanks

Walt

I tried to do so... But I did not succed in.
I started the flight with the wizard, took off, shut down the wizard, switch on the st16 and wait for a binding... that never happened.
So switch on the wizard again and took the control again to land.

For me, yuneec made a mistake. The wizard could be a wonderfull device if it could be used like thiis :
The wizard is the target for the camera (so the one runner/biker/surfer... who has the wizard is always watched) and the st16 controls the flight

I admittedly haven't played with it, but it is my understanding that both are bound and usable concurrently, and that they complement one another when used this way. Did I miss something??

With the Wizard there is a "Team Mode" which I believe (Havent tried it yet) allows the wizard to control the H and the ST16+ to control the camera. I believe this allows the H to 'follow' the Wizard while the camera can film something other than the item holding the Wizard.
What I dont know and could probably test is if in Team mode with both the Wizard and the ST16+, what happens if the Wizard is shut off? Can the ST16+ then be used to control the H?

What I was hoping to avoid was handing control of my drone to a "civilian" that I wanted to be the moving target subject. IE once shot is taken, Remove drone from Wizard follow me and back to ST16 in Angle mode.

Reactions: Bobjazz
What I was hoping to avoid was handing control of my drone to a "civilian" that I wanted to be the moving target subject. IE once shot is taken, Remove drone from Wizard follow me and back to ST16 in Angle mode.
You may need to go into the ST16+ and 'unbind' the wizard to gain control. I havent seen or read anything that indicates the Wizard to be used strictly as a locating device without control of the H.

Hello, I played with the Wizard a bit. Looks like the H "unbinds" from ST16 and hooks up to the wizard. does that sound right.

Well my real question. Can you hand the wizard to a non pilot "Bike rider, Runner, Bride, boat captain etc". and have that person or vehicle take off with it and then later take back control of H when the shoot is finished in the same flight.

Thanks

Walt
Yes, Yuneec has had videos out for months touting that, you need to research your machine before you end up crashing learning this the hard way. Getting on the forum and asking is the next best option.

You may need to go into the ST16+ and 'unbind' the wizard to gain control. I havent seen or read anything that indicates the Wizard to be used strictly as a locating device without control of the H.
The wizard can control the H in flight and it acts as a home point for the H to follow in follow me mode.It does quite a bit more than you would imagine.

You can easily have complete control, the wizard can be used as a target for the H to focus on while you with the ST or use an autonomous program to control filming. Your wizard has a waterproof cover for active film subjects.

With the Wizard there is a "Team Mode" which I believe (Havent tried it yet) allows the wizard to control the H and the ST16+ to control the camera. I believe this allows the H to 'follow' the Wizard while the camera can film something other than the item holding the Wizard.
What I dont know and could probably test is if in Team mode with both the Wizard and the ST16+, what happens if the Wizard is shut off? Can the ST16+ then be used to control the H?
Yes the st is the MOTHER , The st is always in control.

You can easily have complete control, the wizard can be used as a target for the H to focus on while you with the ST or use an autonomous program to control filming. Your wizard has a waterproof cover for active film subjects.
What does complete control mean? of the aircraft, of the camera, or both?
Also, what autonomous program are you referring to? CCC? Watch me/Follow me?

I've played with the Wizard, but my H is still out of commission until possible the end of this coming weekend. I planned to use it extensively and was just getting into it before my mishap.

For those that consider themselves well versed in how to use the Wizard, it would really help the group if they'd create a "How To" on everything Wizard. A sticky would be great. A Wiki to address all issues related to the H would be better still.

WRONG !
In team mode,
- the wizard controls the flight
- the st16 controls the camera AND NOTHING ELSE

Walt

Once the machine is bound to Wizard you may not take over with ST16 well in flight.

OK, What Tech support just wrote was my test experience. I tied my H down to a worktable.. Started controlling it with wizard and shut the wizard off.. The H was bound to NOTHING and after about 10 or 15 seconds it picked up the waiting ST16. For a future feature, would be great to have what Bobjazz asked for, "a setting that allowed the wizard to be just a target"

As I understand it, the Typhoon has two 'connections' - one for pilot control and one for camera control. In team mode, the pilot control goes to the Wizard, and camera control goes to the ST16.

The pilot control connection includes the GPS information of the controller (whether it's the Wizard or ST16). So whatever does the controlling is also the thing that Follow Me follows. Without knowing in detail how it is designed, it seems unlikely that you'd be able to 'split' the connection (i.e. pilot with the ST16, follow the Wizard). It'd be like having one RC controller to do thrust, and another for altitude.

If the wizard is disconnected, the ST16 could re-bind (and the radio connection for pilot control binds a **** of a lot faster than the wifi for the camera!), but I really, really wouldn't want to try it in the middle of a flight.

What does complete control mean? of the aircraft, of the camera, or both?
Also, what autonomous program are you referring to? CCC? Watch me/Follow me?
You can use the wiz as a target for the H to home in on,using the st for camera control. Follow me is a form of autonomous flight.

What I'm looking for is a way to have the wizard on a subject with follow/watch me enabled and be able to reposition the aircraft with respect to the subject (either to switch from following from behind to leading in front say, or even more important, avoiding obstacles ;)). Right now that is only possible with the wizard. If you're not the subject and you don't have the wizard in hand, then you don't have control of the aircraft. :eek:
I guess what I'm looking for is a follow/watch them mode :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval