Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wonky horizon

Reaction score
just wanted to share a very important tip to make sure your camera is straight as to avoid the wonky horizon some are suffering.
SO after the recent update i recalibrated the gimbal,put my H on the kitchen table which I thought was straight and level and ran the calibration,all went fine and off I went flying,got the H airborne and noticed the horizon was way off and tilted to the left...a lot!
No amount of skillful flying could make it look straight so landed and went back home (1 minute walk) I remembered someone saying make sure when you calibrate the gimbal that the surface the h I is sitting on is perfectly straight! I cannot emphasis enough now how important this is,so I got a level out and found a surface (my garden wall)
That was perfectly level and ran the calibration again,went back to the field and now the horizon on my H camera is perfectly level and straight.
So make sure you calibrate your gimbal and make sure you do it on a perfectly level surface,get a level out and make sure! and you will have a camera and an image that is perfectly level and true.

Okay, soooo. I just got brandy new CG03+ from yuneec in the box and it has a left tilt on the horizon.. Images can be fixed, but video? Is there a fix for the horizon issue? Its a new in box camera :(

Oh YES I have done a half dozen calibrations on a flat surface, bound rebound etc --

Image of H sitting level and the camera after 12 gimbal calibrations

Attachments

• IMG_0745.JPG
    IMG_0745.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Video can be zoomed and cropped to adjust for horizon but you shouldn't have to. Check your gimbal rubber dampeners to make sure they are seated properly?

Video can be zoomed and cropped to adjust for horizon but you shouldn't have to. Check your gimbal rubber dampeners to make sure they are seated properly?

checked, seem fine if you look at the pic you can see a slight offe set on the camera maybe Ill just glue a dime to the other side :)

Reactions: Markinter
Okay, soooo. I just got brandy new CG03+ from yuneec in the box and it has a left tilt on the horizon.. Images can be fixed, but video? Is there a fix for the horizon issue? Its a new in box camera :(

Oh YES I have done a half dozen calibrations on a flat surface, bound rebound etc --

Image of H sitting level and the camera after 12 gimbal calibrations

Brian I have the same problem, sorry to hear this :(

Brian I have the same problem, sorry to hear this :(

Man -- I've been swallowed up by bad service all of a sudden what I thought I was getting was a new camera, its in a box, looks new, but the SD card is already in it, and no plastic or anything around the camera and the tape that holds the box closed all four sides are cut -- so Maybe a new box, but not a new camera I have put it on both h's does the same thing - older camera on both h's works fine!

May have found the problem! maybe I should go to Yuneec tech training LOL then I can just fix my own stuff

Attachments

• IMG_0749.JPG
    IMG_0749.JPG
    704 KB · Views: 24
Man -- I've been swallowed up by bad service all of a sudden what I thought I was getting was a new camera, its in a box, looks new, but the SD card is already in it, and no plastic or anything around the camera and the tape that holds the box closed all four sides are cut -- so Maybe a new box, but not a new camera I have put it on both h's does the same thing - older camera on both h's works fine!
Brian, have you checked that the four rubber grommets attaching the gimbal to the plate are all seated properly? If one is not seated well it will cant the whole thing off ever so slightly. Also, are you sure the "fine and trustworthy" folks at Yuneec CS replaced your camera with a new one and not a refurbished (ie, a "regift" like they pulled on me with my ST16) one? Geez I feel so bad for you!:(

Brian, have you checked that the four rubber grommets attaching the gimbal to the plate are all seated properly? If one is not seated well it will cant the whole thing off ever so slightly. Also, are you sure the "fine and trustworthy" folks at Yuneec CS replaced your camera with a new one and not a refurbished (ie, a "regift" like they pulled on me with my ST16) one? Geez I feel so bad for you!:(

See post above LOL -- One grommet was not attached at all on one side. and No I am not sure, the box is clean and new , but the sealing tape on all for sides were cut and the SD card was in the camera- Also No Gray filer just the filer ring! But it may be fixed I have to do more testing , still not happy but happier I just want the two h's to work , why is that so much to ask LOL

Hey I was right!
See post above LOL -- One grommet was not attached at all on one side. and No I am not sure, the box is clean and new , but the sealing tape on all for sides were cut and the SD card was in the camera- Also No Gray filer just the filer ring! But it may be fixed I have to do more testing , still not happy but happier I just want the two h's to work , why is that so much to ask LOL

That's nothing to shake a stick at! Wow! I should be screaming over mine if yours can pan like that without distortion. Is that RAW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raw? No its Normal if thats what your asking , or if your asking was it enhanced in post ( YES contrast adjustment only) it was but not leveled I do not know how to do that in post :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval