Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wrecked Used q500 4k diagnosis help?

Reaction score
Hello,I'm a new yuneec owner about 24hrs old lol. I just bought a a wrecked q500 4k with a broke camera mount plate. The drone will not connect or bind to the controller. There are no lights that come on when I turn the drone on,just a orange flashing light on top of wing.

I have tried re calibrating and creating new user but nothing. Also hooked up to gui and it shows that all 4 speed controllers/esc are not working. Along with low battery voltage on both batteries I have charged and checked and I'm getting 12v on multimeter. I had also checked all 4 escs for obvious burnt mosfets but nothing looks obvious.

My question is,could it be flight Controller might have went bad somewhere not allowing voltage to escs? Is there any good test I can do to help diagnose this before I play the parts game? Thank you

Hello,I'm a new yuneec owner about 24hrs old lol. I just bought a a wrecked q500 4k with a broke camera mount plate. The drone will not connect or bind to the controller. There are no lights that come on when I turn the drone on,just a orange flashing light on top of wing.

I have tried re calibrating and creating new user but nothing. Also hooked up to gui and it shows that all 4 speed controllers/esc are not working. Along with low battery voltage on both batteries I have charged and checked and I'm getting 12v on multimeter. I had also checked all 4 escs for obvious burnt mosfets but nothing looks obvious.

My question is,could it be flight Controller might have went bad somewhere not allowing voltage to escs? Is there any good test I can do to help diagnose this before I play the parts game? Thank you
The orange light in the wing is the only thing normal in your post. It is the status indicator for the reciever. The fact the reciever is getting power from the mainboard means the mainboard is not completely fried. It does not necessarily mean the mainboard is repairable.
It would be very difficult to diagnose without having it in hand. The false low voltage is a common symptom of the large processor on the mainboard being damaged. There could be other issues as well. I don't know a way to test the ESCs without having the mainboard working.
Have you considered looking around for a second drone and use this one for parts?

Update * thanks for the response. So as I suspected something on the main board burnt up. They are called the power chips which control voltage to the escs. I have tried looking the numbers up online to find replacements but no prevail. Does anybody no where to get these, are they just mosfets?20211116_175106.jpg

Attachments

• 20211116_175403.jpg
    20211116_175403.jpg
    840.3 KB · Views: 7
Does anybody no where to get these, are they just mosfets?
Those are MDU3603 transistors. You can find them on various websites such as:

Those are MDU3603 transistors. You can find them on various websites such as:
Thank you, Looks like I'll be waiting for a few weeks to get them for the next update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval