Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

WTB Landing Gear for H480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I need the carbon fiber leg for the typhoon H 480 does anybody have one that won't break the bank.
Thanks
Keith Kuhn

Reactions: Andrew Grant
I need the carbon fiber leg for the typhoon H 480 does anybody have one that won't break the bank.
Thanks
Keith Kuhn
Keith,
Do you just need one (1) ?

Keith,
Do you just need one (1) ?

I really only need one but a spare is good to have if you have two I don't need the servo Motors but tell me what you have and tell me the price please.
Keith

I don't recall the dia but you can buy carbon fiber tubing, then cut to length. I found a diamond wheel on a Dremel cuts it like butter. I would also use diamond burrs on the Dremel to drill and carve the carbon fiber. just make sure to wear eye protection and a mask. You don't want to breathe carbon fiber dust.

I don't recall the dia but you can buy carbon fiber tubing, then cut to length. I found a diamond wheel on a Dremel cuts it like butter. I would also use diamond burrs on the Dremel to drill and carve the carbon fiber. just make sure to wear eye protection and a mask. You don't want to breathe carbon fiber dust.
Regular hack saw, and a regular drill bit work just fine

Thank you
Interesting about not breathing the carbon fiber you reminds me bicycle frames I used to make out of beryllium you don't want to breathe that either.
Extremely lightweight bike frames and expensive.
Keith

There are alternatives made by Rakonheli available: Rakonheli CNC AL Landing Gear (1) - Yuneec Typhoon H

They are not very expensive and you can replace (in case it happens again) the tube itself, which is less expensive than replacing the entire part.

If I were to replace it like you said what type of rivet or such at the bottom of the landing gear would you use ? I noticed the one that's in there originally is plastic.
Any recommendations would be good thank you.
Keith

If I were to replace it like you said what type of rivet or such at the bottom of the landing gear would you use ? I noticed the one that's in there originally is plastic.
Any recommendations would be good thank you.
Keith

With the landing gear made by Rakonheli you dont need any rivets since it is a clamp connection. Just tighten the screws and the tubes are fixed in position. If you need any new tubes you can basically use everything which is available. If it has to be a fast solution you could even by a tube made from aluminium, ABS, PC and so on at your local hardware store. In my opionion it is a nice improvement over the OEM part and even cheaper.

If you want to replace the original tubing, I would drill out the rivets so that you have a 3mm hole straight through the landing gear and replace the rivet by a M3 nylon screw and a nut(or something similar if you are using the imperial system). I would not use a metal screw since the it is heavier and not flexible at all which ist not so good for the carbon fibre.

Wrong, its not a plastic rivet, I just replaced one on my plus a kid got pushed into it (dont ask) its a 1/8"x 1/4" in black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval