Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yesterday flight, the oldest operative *** in Europe

Thanks Scott
You're welcome. You make some incredible films. Quick question, I'm pretty much a newbie, what moves on the stick do you use to get such great sweeping turns ? Is it right stick forward and left stick to the left (or right) or is it both sticks to the left or right ? Or forward on the right stick building momentum then both sticks left or right ? Sorry to bother you with newbie questions but I really admire your work.

You're welcome. You make some incredible films. Quick question, I'm pretty much a newbie, what moves on the stick do you use to get such great sweeping turns ? Is it right stick forward and left stick to the left (or right) or is it both sticks to the left or right ? Or forward on the right stick building momentum then both sticks left or right ? Sorry to bother you with newbie questions but I really admire your work.
Some tips to make orbitals:
1.-Never move the sticks only with the thumbs. Use the thumb and the second finger to move the sticks.
2.-Make sure there is no obstacle around the drone and the orbiting point because you must do all the movements looking at the screen in FPV to keep the orbit point centered. Allways looking at the screen, taking some fast looks at the drone to check everything is OK.
3.-To make an orbital to the left move the right stick to the left and a little forwards, and the left stick to the right trying to keep the orbit point centered in the screen(the drone use to go a little backwards with this command combination, thats why you must push the right stick a little forwards). How much do I have to push the sticks: It depends on the orbit radium and the wind. The secret is keeping the orbit point in the centre of the screen keeping the both sticks in the same position so that the yaw and drift movement be constant.
4.-To make an orbital to the right move the right stick to the right and a little forwards, and the left stick to the left trying to keep the orbit point centered in the screen(the drone use to go a little backwards with this command combination, thats why you must push the right stick a little forwards). How much do I have to push the sticks: It depends on the orbit radium and the wind. The secret is keeping the orbit point in the centre of the screen keeping the both sticks in the same position so that the yaw and drift movement be constant.
5.-Practice, practice and practice. Start pacticing making orbitals around you. Set the drone in turtle mode, 8 m away and 5 m high, tilt a little down the camera to center you in the screen, and try to get a constant movement of yaw and drift keeping yourself in the centre. When you got it, do the same with another objet (I used a street lamp from a park).

Last edited:
Awesome response, very helpful and explained perfectly ! Going to try it this weekend, once again thanks so much !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval