Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yet another dji fan boy

PatR, i agree with your post, most people are too lazy to read manuals no matter how difficult, most want instant gratification without the brain pain. my favorite is the AH-1G been there done it.

Yes, all sounds great on paper but in practice? Before driving a car legally you require (in the UK) to sit and pass a written exam and then take a practical test and yet there are still countless terrible, stupid and dangerous drivers on the roads and many who drive without a licence or insurance etc.

As for the hoi polloi having access to the market? It's a double edged sword, the increasing market drives forward competition which drives technology and keeps costs down but allows "idiots" to cause problems.

We don't need more regulations, there are plenty already, we just need the current ones to be enforced with a healthy dose of common sense instead of hysteria. Sadly hysteria will win the day fuelled by a handful of idiots and an over zealous media blaming drones for everything, give it a week or two and the BBC will be claiming it was a Phantom 3 that gave Trump the White House.

It was certainly at least a P2 that was used to justify the inception of GEO after a government
"intelligence" employee dumped one on the White House grounds. My best guess still has that an intentional act intended to provide cause for more restrictions. Drunk or not he was well aware that all flight was restricted in that area.

Regulations obviously don't prevent anyone from doing something wrong. Education with understanding functions better as a preventative tool. The more advanced systems become the more training is required to operate them effectively. As systems become larger they also become heavier, increasing the risk factor to those they are used around.

Ignorance is not bliss, it's irresponsible and dangerous.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ardigitalmedia