Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec breeze floatie

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the polystyrene balls as Floatie to be able to land on water in emergency ????

I have no Breeze, or experience of this, but I do know the antennas are in the landing gear, so probably not a good idea to bury those in styrofoam ? If you do try it, do a lot of range tests over land before venturing out to the water !

Has anyone tried the polystyrene balls as Floatie to be able to land on water in emergency ????
I'm exploring ways to keep it from sinking should crash over water. I would like to make some low level flights over water but i'm not sure how well the IMU will deal with this. For me the purpose of the floats would just be to retrieve the craft. If I come up with a practical solution I will post it.

I'm exploring ways to keep it from sinking should crash over water. I would like to make some low level flights over water but i'm not sure how well the IMU will deal with this. For me the purpose of the floats would just be to retrieve the craft. If I come up with a practical solution I will post it.
I've done low level flights over water, albeit with my heart pounding, and it did well:

I've done low level flights over water, albeit with my heart pounding, and it did well:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that is what I'm wanting to do. One difference is the type of location. I'm from southwest Louisiana. I'm wanting do some low level footage over the bayous. In most cases the water very still and dark. I know those are conditions the sensors have trouble with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy