Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Camera Controls / Features

........Not that what you see online these days qualifies as art though. Most is likely aimed at grabbing eyeballs for "likes".......

Much of what I see, I don’t even consider it as “Photography”......it’s really “Photoshopism”......and sure, there’s some really creative stuff, but it just seems so artificial. I’m in the minority as to what is popular now....I understand tweaking an image to make it pop, that’s part of the process.....but much of what is produced these days is so heavily processed, there’s little of the original image left.

Yeah, it’s Art....and all’s fair in the Creative Process.....and many, many like it......I’m just not one of them. I even resist artificial lighting unless I’m forced into it....but even then I’m a minimalist....formal studio Portraiture I’ll only use 3: Key, Side, Hair.....and that’s it. Occasionally I’ll use a classic technique if the subject warrants it....like a black & white headshot with Rembrandt Lighting......

I’m more on the purist side as well. Nothing ticks me off more that to see enticing photos of places to lure me there that simply don’t exist as depicted. The current revolving crop of Microsoft’s start up screen photos are perfect examples of that.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Ya still gotta have something to start with. Just from my humble experience as a rank amateur, I've found the legwork is usually most of the difference unless you're doing studio type work. And don't tell me there's no young shooters putting in the legwork. I know several who were up at 1am this morning to shoot the practice laps at sunrise on Pike's Peak.

Go to an art center or art museum to see photographic art. Or seek out truly great photographers websites.

If you're judging photographic art from what's on Facebook or Instagram you'll likely be disappointed. Then again it depends on what kinds of photography you're looking for.

For example, if your'e into landscape you might look at someone like Charles Cramer

If you're more adventuresome you might enjoy JP Caponigro.

The current digital processing tools available are amazingly capable. Its up to the user of them to turn a photo into art though.

Then again, art is in the eye of the beholder and there will always be arguments over artwork whether it's photography, paintings, sculptures, etc. Everyone should be free to find the art that moves them.

Reactions: PatR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox