Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec CGO camera filter ring adapter?

Reaction score
So yeah, I was having a though about that it shouldn't be that difficult to make some kind of adapter for regular camera filters for the CGO camera. But I haven't seen one anywhere on the net.

Have any of you though about designing one? Just the regular threaded ring with clips instead of the ready made one with the glass already there.

I really have a hard time justifying €60 for a bunch of filters that don't fit on my other camera(s).

Think the biggest issue would be that normal camera filters are heavy and would probably unbalance the camera.

Reactions: abinder
So yeah, I was having a though about that it shouldn't be that difficult to make some kind of adapter for regular camera filters for the CGO camera. But I haven't seen one anywhere on the net.

Have any of you though about designing one? Just the regular threaded ring with clips instead of the ready made one with the glass already there.

I really have a hard time justifying €60 for a bunch of filters that don't fit on my other camera(s).
Like @keiths said it will unbalance the camera and also destroy the gimbal motors, the best you could do is take a filter that you don't use much, bring it to an optician and get it cut to size - I've done this with a polarising filter. The ND filters are more than worth the spend, the improvement you will get is drastic.

I just sent a request to both Freewell and PolarPro requesting that they make a filter adapter that would accept standard filters and lens shades. Since they both already make filters that fit the CGO3 it should be easy. Personally I would remove and weigh the original filter, weigh the new adapter with filter and hood if equipped , subtract the weight of the original to find the added weight, then use a small stick-on weight placed on the back of the camera to balance any weight increase. Make sure the weight doesn't interfere with the gimbal and we should be good to go. I'll repost any update from them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval