Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec.com now a hazardous web site?

Reaction score
Just went to yuneec.com and 2 different browsers said the yuneec site is set up to steel personal info. Anyone else get that browser caution page? Never got this warning before.
Chrome-Browser.jpg Firefox-Browser.jpg

I see there is already a thread on this so... just another hiccup on productivity issues from Yuneec.

Its not really an issue. You will see it redirects you to a https: site. Its just that they haven't paid for a SSL certificate. It doesn't mean it is unsafe. If fact its probably safer than a non https: site. Hope that helps.

Merlin is spot-on, you are interpreting the warning incorrectly. The site isn't trying to steal any information, it just isn't using an encrypted connection if all you're doing is checking the site for information.

Merlin is spot-on, you are interpreting the warning incorrectly. The site isn't trying to steal any information, it just isn't using an encrypted connection if all you're doing is checking the site for information.

Called Yuneec, said they are working on getting the site back up. Said they have were down yesterday for awhile also. Said to check back this afternoon.

I agree, they should get a security certificate.

Called Yuneec, said they are working on getting the site back up. Said they have were down yesterday for awhile also. Said to check back this afternoon.

I agree, they should get a security certificate.
Called again and talked to Andrew in the US, he said the whole site went down yesterday. They notified IT ad the German branch took control of it and they are trying to determine why it went down and are working to get it back up.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
The site just came back up, however, the FW updates are reverted to previous versions, 1.22 for the H. On the phone now with Yuneec, they are checking.

They have issues with all kinds of software/firmware.... i am losing faith [emoji53]

Reactions: QuadBart
The CS rep checked and confirmed the download section has an old version. She is sending an email so I can download version 1.24 for the H. If you need this update, I would call them until the site is corrected.

Some person (at Cloudflare or Yuneec) forgot to renew the SSL sertificate? Actually, pretty easy to forget as one usually buys'em for a year or so - and if not renewed, they expire causing this. Since Yuneec seems to employ Cloudflare for content delivery network/optimalization and dns services, we as end users don't get to connect to Yuneec.com since Cloudflares server is supposed to redirect us based on where we are in the world... Should of course not happen, somewhat embarassing at this corporate level

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Some person (at Cloudflare or Yuneec) forgot to renew the SSL sertificate? Actually, pretty easy to forget as one usually buys'em for a year or so - and if not renewed, they expire causing this. Since Yuneec seems to employ Cloudflare for content delivery network/optimalization and dns services, we as end users don't get to connect to Yuneec.com since Cloudflares server is supposed to redirect us based on where we are in the world... Should of course not happen, somewhat embarassing at this corporate level

LOL true, but they also have other issues to work out as well, the The issues with the H and I dont follow the 920 forum but and H fly away is one thing, can you imagine losing your 920 to the winds of bad software :)

Reactions: Merlin
Well Brian I have pissed away a few hundred bucks in a bar on pretty women on a Friday night and never gave it a second thought but if my Typhoon Q500 or a Typhoon anything costing me more than a good night out just flies away I would be really pissed. :)

Reactions: Dragonflyerthom
Well Brian I have pissed away a few hundred bucks in a bar on pretty women on a Friday night and never gave it a second thought but if my Typhoon Q500 or a Typhoon anything costing me more than a good night out just flies away I would be really pissed. :)

I hear ya -- I saved for 6 months to get my H, then My X father in law sent me one as a backup in case I get lucky and can make some money. Anyway I cannot afford to lose or repair either one. I love your analogy above, man they money we have truly wasted ON PURPOSE! Not a fly away or crash :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval