Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Customer Service Issue......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A little story about my experiance with Yuneec's customer service. The following is an email i sent to Yuneec after my patience had run it's course while waiting for the return of my Q.

....."Last November I purchased the Q500 4k , I did a lot of research as it was between this and the DJI phantom 3 pro. After looking at many online reviews I choose the Yuneec because of the positive feedback I saw regarding it’s outstanding customer service. That alone was the deciding factor on this purchase.

After receiving the Q, I was quite pleased with build and performance, it exceeded my expectations! Ultimately I crashed it and it was completely my fault. I contacted Yuneec and got authorization on 2/11/16 to send it in (it was received by Yuneec service on 2/16). I was told it would take about 3 weeks to get it back to me as you had a backlog, not what I wanted to hear but I appreciated the honesty. About 4 weeks later I was called with an estimate of about 200.00 I approved it and gave my American express card and was told that they would have it out by the end of the week, that was 3/7/16. On 3/21 I called back to find out where it was, after several minutes on hold I was told there was a problem with my card, so I checked my account to find it had not been charged, but I also had a zero balance , so there was no issue on my end. I gave the gentleman my AMEX card info again. The next day I got a call from a lady at Yuneec saying there was a problem with the payment , again. I was about to give her the Amex card again and she said “Oh, it looks like we no longer accept Amex”, so I gave her a Visa. She told me the unit was ready and would ship the next day. That was 3/22. On 3/29 I was still waiting, so I called back again, this time the lady I talked to was a bit confused and didn’t seem to know the status, but said someone from the service would call me back shortly, they didn’t. the next day 3/30/16 (yesterday) I called back and talked to guy who sounded like he was still sleeping, he too had trouble finding out the status, after being on hold for over 20 minutes he finally told me there was a problem with processing the payment but it’s all straightened out now, and the unit is on the dock ready to be shipped “next day air”, it was, and I received it this morning.

Which brings us to right now. the front “a” motor threads are now cross threaded as you can see from the pictures. It came out of the box like this. the other 3 went on without issue. I know how to mount the props, I have done it many times and I also know this was not like that when I sent it in. And I am not quite sure how this unit was actually tested when you could not get the prop on correctly? Needless to say I am not the least bit happy at this point.

I have the Typhoon H on order with Unmanned Systems Source here in Tucson, I have also recently signed on with them to help out with their consumer UAV division and have already sold an additional “H” as well. But in light of these issues I am now rethinking my relationship with Yuneec altogether and may take another look at the DJI’s .

Please let me know what you intend to do about this as soon as possible.

John K. Fitzgerald "........

Shortly after sending this Email, Mike form Yuneec called me and apologized for all the trouble, he said he would send a call tag and once i sent the unit on it's way, he would ship a brand new replacement. A few days later i received the "new" unit. However, it was actually a much older serial number and there were some differences. The first thing I noticed( aside from the serial#) was a antenna wire in one of the landing gear struts, no problem i assume this is the link between the st-10 and the Q. the second thing was the motors, my original ones were black, these are silver, not sure if there is a difference there but they do seem to sound a bit different. But again no problem. The bigger issue was the the mounting for the camera, no electrical contacts (hot shoe if you will), so now i know what that little black connector that came with the kit is for. Now normally this wouldn't be a problem either, but I have some aftermarket lights that I use which are very bright white LED's that i mount to the front of the unit. This helps me determine which way the unit is facing when it's several hundred feet out, and I used the power port on the bottom of the Q for the lights, now of course I have the camera plugged in to that port. I can make a jumper with a quick disconnect to accommodate the lights and camera, but I shouldn't have to.

I did not contact Yuneec about this issue as I am tired of being without my Q and I just want to fly!

So after all that, what is my opinion of Yuneec's service? Well, not as high as it once was, but keeping in mind that we are all human and we do make mistakes ( I have certainly made my share) the fact is that Yuneec was easy to get a hold of, and pretty responsive to my situation. They were very friendly, and they did at least try to make it right. yes they dropped the ball, it was a comedy of errors for sure. But at the end of the day I really believe their intentions were to keep me happy (and that bought them some loyalty). Yes, they could have done a better job.

On a scale of 1-10, right now I am at about a 6.5 My Q has flown without incident and I am happy to finally have it back.

I still believe in Yuneec's commitment to it's customers and therefore have decided to keep the "H" on order.

A little story about my experiance with Yuneec's customer service. The following is an email i sent to Yuneec after my patience had run it's course while waiting for the return of my Q.

....."Last November I purchased the Q500 4k , I did a lot of research as it was between this and the DJI phantom 3 pro. After looking at many online reviews I choose the Yuneec because of the positive feedback I saw regarding it’s outstanding customer service. That alone was the deciding factor on this purchase.

After receiving the Q, I was quite pleased with build and performance, it exceeded my expectations! Ultimately I crashed it and it was completely my fault. I contacted Yuneec and got authorization on 2/11/16 to send it in (it was received by Yuneec service on 2/16). I was told it would take about 3 weeks to get it back to me as you had a backlog, not what I wanted to hear but I appreciated the honesty. About 4 weeks later I was called with an estimate of about 200.00 I approved it and gave my American express card and was told that they would have it out by the end of the week, that was 3/7/16. On 3/21 I called back to find out where it was, after several minutes on hold I was told there was a problem with my card, so I checked my account to find it had not been charged, but I also had a zero balance , so there was no issue on my end. I gave the gentleman my AMEX card info again. The next day I got a call from a lady at Yuneec saying there was a problem with the payment , again. I was about to give her the Amex card again and she said “Oh, it looks like we no longer accept Amex”, so I gave her a Visa. She told me the unit was ready and would ship the next day. That was 3/22. On 3/29 I was still waiting, so I called back again, this time the lady I talked to was a bit confused and didn’t seem to know the status, but said someone from the service would call me back shortly, they didn’t. the next day 3/30/16 (yesterday) I called back and talked to guy who sounded like he was still sleeping, he too had trouble finding out the status, after being on hold for over 20 minutes he finally told me there was a problem with processing the payment but it’s all straightened out now, and the unit is on the dock ready to be shipped “next day air”, it was, and I received it this morning.

Which brings us to right now. the front “a” motor threads are now cross threaded as you can see from the pictures. It came out of the box like this. the other 3 went on without issue. I know how to mount the props, I have done it many times and I also know this was not like that when I sent it in. And I am not quite sure how this unit was actually tested when you could not get the prop on correctly? Needless to say I am not the least bit happy at this point.

I have the Typhoon H on order with Unmanned Systems Source here in Tucson, I have also recently signed on with them to help out with their consumer UAV division and have already sold an additional “H” as well. But in light of these issues I am now rethinking my relationship with Yuneec altogether and may take another look at the DJI’s .

Shortly after sending this Email, Mike form Yuneec called me and apologized for all the trouble, he said he would send a call tag and once i sent the unit on it's way, he would ship a brand new replacement. A few days later i received the "new" unit. However, it was actually a much older serial number and there were some differences. The first thing I noticed( aside from the serial#) was a antenna wire in one of the landing gear struts, no problem i assume this is the link between the st-10 and the Q. the second thing was the motors, my original ones were black, these are silver, not sure if there is a difference there but they do seem to sound a bit different. But again no problem. The bigger issue was the the mounting for the camera, no electrical contacts (hot shoe if you will), so now i know what that little black connector that came with the kit is for. Now normally this wouldn't be a problem either, but I have some aftermarket lights that I use which are very bright white LED's that i mount to the front of the unit. This helps me determine which way the unit is facing when it's several hundred feet out, and I used the power port on the bottom of the Q for the lights, now of course I have the camera plugged in to that port. I can make a jumper with a quick disconnect to accommodate the lights and camera, but I shouldn't have to.

I did not contact Yuneec about this issue as I am tired of being without my Q and I just want to fly!

So after all that, what is my opinion of Yuneec's service? Well, not as high as it once was, but keeping in mind that we are all human and we do make mistakes ( I have certainly made my share) the fact is that Yuneec was easy to get a hold of, and pretty responsive to my situation. They were very friendly, and they did at least try to make it right. yes they dropped the ball, it was a comedy of errors for sure. But at the end of the day I really believe their intentions were to keep me happy (and that bought them some loyalty). Yes, they could have done a better job.

On a scale of 1-10, right now I am at about a 6.5 My Q has flown without incident and I am happy to finally have it back.

I still believe in Yuneec's commitment to it's customers and therefore have decided to keep the "H" on order.

my 12/12/2015 Q500 has crashed 6 times, all equipment failure, and I have only had it in my possession for 3 weeks out of 7 months.
Early customer service was impressive and 5 week turns were OK. But each time they sent a new drone so why all the delay?
Telemetry from all 6 Q500 crashes and video proves it was all equipment failure. Yuneec admitted all 6 times they sent me a new machine which I no longer care to own. Now after them having it in repair facility for 6 of the 7 months since I bought it they tell me it is out of warranty even tho it was not pilot error. I have had it for 3 weeks in my possession. A total of 10 minutes worth of video.
I am done.
I believe I will have to now file a small claims suit against them.

I too selected to go with Yuneec because of the customer service reputation.

I was very pleased with the Q 4K, so much so that I purchased another one as backup should anything go wrong.

It did, big style. First I installed the camera off the new one to test it out and the copter behaved independently crashing and breaking one side of the slide mount off the gimbal.

I ran the GUI and everything checked out.

So, the next flight it again goes off at a tangent and took a notion to take a swim and drowned.

I'm wary of using the new one until I can determine what happened.

Yuneec promised to send a new one or replace at a "deep discount" dependent on the cause.

Now they say the telemetry files are unreadable (I can read them????)

They also promised to email me a return form to have the second camera (the first is still with the fish) repaired.

The return form email promise was over a week ago.

The post office would have been quicker i am sure.

Beginning to think my desire to obtain an H is not a good idea after all.

I was very pleased with the Q 4K, so much so that I purchased another one as backup should anything go wrong.

It did, big style. First I installed the camera off the new one to test it out and the copter behaved independently crashing and breaking one side of the slide mount off the gimbal.

So, the next flight it again goes off at a tangent and took a notion to take a swim and drowned.

Yuneec promised to send a new one or replace at a "deep discount" dependent on the cause.

They also promised to email me a return form to have the second camera (the first is still with the fish) repaired.

Yeah, I am about to file small claims suit just to get my money back. I don't want another free Q or an H.

Yeah, I am about to file small claims suit just to get my money back. I don't want another free Q or an H.
Good luck with that!!. I am sure Yuneec will have a good argument as to why all 6 Q500s they sent you were defective. I am sure the drone is not perfect but to have all 6 replacements fail defies any logic. Try getting any better customer support somewhere else!!. They replaced your drone 6 times? That alone speaks volumes!!.

You had version two they gave you back version one they downgraded you when you got the silver motors

Woohoo!!!

Customer service is still "Yuneec"

Having forwarded my files from the ST10 they couldn't read them :(

My zip program was not doing it's job sigh.

I tried sending ever decreasing numbers of telemetry files to no avail.

After investing in WinZip I sent all of them in one go.

They were able to study them and concluded that as it appears an ESC was being temperamental it was not my fault.

It's a real confidence booster to at least know what happened.

Received an email today saying that they are shipping a replacement unit complete with camera, battery and props at no cost.

Not taking a hit for my investment certainly makes it a Yuneec day.

Thank you Yuneec CS, you rock.

Now after them having it in repair facility for 6 of the 7 months since I bought it they tell me it is out of warranty even tho it was not pilot error. I have had it for 3 weeks in my possession. A total of 10 minutes worth of video.

Sadly this is one of the more classic customer service FU's ever invented and I'd guess that's why we lemon laws (for vehicles).

My experience with their USA CS team (via telephone) ranges from great (a named Mitch) to absolutely contemptuous (a female CS agent and I don't recall her name). I returned a CG03 to them ( it was having terrible video lag and frame drops) and it took them 6 business days to log it into their system after it was received. Awaiting their response and (hopefully a) replacement camera.

Ciao
Kenta

I too have been having problems. My unit has crashed twice. It has been fixed both times for free, and determined to be equipment failure. That is great! However after receiving it back this last time it vibrates very bad, enough to distort the video image it was not like this before. There were screws missing from the body and it appears that it was not inspected prior to returning. I have tried to make contact and have asked several times now to speak with a supervisor and have had no luck.

wow...thats being a good consumer by more than half. I eventually got a call from a tech about a week after sending the situation into Yuneec. CANNOT find a link to "schedule" appointment to "talk" with customer support so I hope they will call when they feel like it. The BREEZE 4K I bought is also a promise not half kept. More of a flying camera where the video 'looks okay I guess"\' but its been cumbersome working with it- now its flown off all by itself for no apparent reason. Hovering at 80 feet and I look to the cell phone-you cannot do anything without a cellphone. cannot fly like a real drone and totally dependent on wifi. no zoom panning and the stabilization doesn't work on high quality video...and then its all digital and needs more to be useful.

ANYWAY...still looking for my drone AND waiting to hear from Yuneec. not holding my breath. Hope you had a better experience but the reviews I am NOW finding do not paint a promising picture. BUGGY, MEDIOCRE, OVERPRICED by a country mile for what you get. STILL trying to get any support...still.

my 12/12/2015 Q500 has crashed 6 times, all equipment failure, and I have only had it in my possession for 3 weeks out of 7 months.
Early customer service was impressive and 5 week turns were OK. But each time they sent a new drone so why all the delay?
Telemetry from all 6 Q500 crashes and video proves it was all equipment failure. Yuneec admitted all 6 times they sent me a new machine which I no longer care to own. Now after them having it in repair facility for 6 of the 7 months since I bought it they tell me it is out of warranty even tho it was not pilot error. I have had it for 3 weeks in my possession. A total of 10 minutes worth of video.
I am done.
I believe I will have to now file a small claims suit against them.

Looks like I will have to..I have a call into the FTC that is interested in how Yuneec is maintaining the customer service support for its drones...we shall see! The lack of support is a death knell for ANY company and Yuneec is no exception. Gotta wonder how they sleep at night screwing so many people around. Way past sick of this and it won't take 6 months for me. The whole thing is HALF A**ED. The app is buggy in the extreme, the drone does JUST enough but without zoom or pan you have to fly the drone thru camera movements and the stabilization just doesn't stabilize much of anything. CANNOT make the app work consistently: slow, clunky, and moves in jerks and starts which are not acceptable. I GOT FOOLED TOO. will post whatever I get from FT and BBB I have contacted. GOOD LUCK!!!! YOU WILL NEED IT...

Reactions: biltno
Sadly this is one of the more classic customer service FU's ever invented and I'd guess that's why we lemon laws (for vehicles).

My experience with their USA CS team (via telephone) ranges from great (a named Mitch) to absolutely contemptuous (a female CS agent and I don't recall her name). I returned a CG03 to them ( it was having terrible video lag and frame drops) and it took them 6 business days to log it into their system after it was received. Awaiting their response and (hopefully a) replacement camera.

Ciao
Kenta
Yea, Mitch was very helpful with information that should have been in the FAQs. He cannot do it all and it sounds like he is being tasked with everything. He knows his stuff and is very personable. Sadly, he is the only human I have encountered and contact is so random as to defy logic. I am sure he is swamped so theres that...I am about a little over 2 hundred. Wow...how would I feel if I had bought a typhoon?!?!?! Gonna shop DYI for sure. Despite all the bad I have heard...I bet they would cll you back before weeks went by!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval