Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H520 freezes in the middle of the sky

Maximum lols :) And Bonus WASP too - that WAS a blast from the past ! Good old Blackie is still trucking of course...

• Love
Reactions: arruntus
A few months back I crashed, Thor Hayerdahl, my Typhoon H copter, on its first flight, wrecking the camera and breaking the landing legs. I watched in horror as it fell to the ground after I stupidly pressed the red "turn off" button by mistaking it in my panic for RTH. Once pushed, I could not take it back. Although my trauma didn't involve sprinting around mountain paths, I can understand the panic and helpless/hopeless feeling of losing bird- control. Watching this Drone-gone-Rogue video made me think about the military application of drones a weapons. I don't know why this should occur to me. Maybe because the COVID-19 has me locked up in my home here on Long Island. I wondered about military drone testing. Was it being carried out in our remote installations in the southwest states and if so, is this drone target practice carried out with with live ordnance? I confess I am a screenwriter and prone to envisioning "What if..." scenarios. Movie Plot: Armed Military drone with an hour of fuel roars about the skys over New Mexico, independent of any ground control. It is equipped with the latest technology enabling it to eluded anti-drone missiles. Military Aerial Control Central cannot explain how it lost control and are at a loss to reestablish contact. Could it be a random glitch, A Terroist hacker? the Russians? Who will save the day? Who else but a local group of UAV enthusiasts (Yuneec Pilots?) who regain control of the Rogue and save the day. Perhaps I shouldn't take up space on the forum with this stuff. No, more. I promise.

Thanks, I don't Know this!

He' s joking ? ? ? ? ?

I zoom in in post-production with the video-editing software. Our cameras don't have that capability, well they do but it's better to get a splinter in your eye than to use it. The important thing is not to abuse it so as not to lose image quality and of course, record at maximum quality to have room for manoeuvre :)

A few months back I crashed, Thor Hayerdahl, my Typhoon H copter, on its first flight, wrecking the camera and breaking the landing legs. I watched in horror as it fell to the ground after I stupidly pressed the red "turn off" button by mistaking it in my panic for RTH. Once pushed, I could not take it back. Although my trauma didn't involve sprinting around mountain paths, I can understand the panic and helpless/hopeless feeling of losing bird- control. Watching this Drone-gone-Rogue video made me think about the military application of drones a weapons. I don't know why this should occur to me. Maybe because the COVID-19 has me locked up in my home here on Long Island. I wondered about military drone testing. Was it being carried out in our remote installations in the southwest states and if so, is this drone target practice carried out with with live ordnance? I confess I am a screenwriter and prone to envisioning "What if..." scenarios. Movie Plot: Armed Military drone with an hour of fuel roars about the skys over New Mexico, independent of any ground control. It is equipped with the latest technology enabling it to eluded anti-drone missiles. Military Aerial Control Central cannot explain how it lost control and are at a loss to reestablish contact. Could it be a random glitch, A Terroist hacker? the Russians? Who will save the day? Who else but a local group of UAV enthusiasts (Yuneec Pilots?) who regain control of the Rogue and save the day. Perhaps I shouldn't take up space on the forum with this stuff. No, more. I promise.

All military-grade equipment has very high security measures, precisely for that, so that no one can interfere with that equipment, and that is one of the main reasons why it is so expensive.

Training and knowledge of emergency procedures is something that is not taken seriously until something happens, training or being very clear about what to do in certain situations makes the difference between success or failure.

I was very nervous, but you have to breathe and think, what do I do in this situation? It's easier said than done :rolleyes:??? I reviewed the procedures, tried to apply the corrections, but in this case, with the whole drone blocked from any kind of order input, I couldn't do much more. I was very lucky :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval