Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H850 first pics

Reaction score
Website
www.dutch-yuneec-drone-association.eu
These are the first pictures of the new Yuneec H850. What do you think and think?

Some specs:
60 min flight time on 2 batterys of 13500mAh
No retractable landing gear.
Small controller

Attachments

• IMG_20220522_131553_320.jpg
    IMG_20220522_131553_320.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20220522_131542_238.jpg
    IMG_20220522_131542_238.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20220522_131544_799.jpg
    IMG_20220522_131544_799.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20220522_131534_982.jpg
    IMG_20220522_131534_982.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20220522_131540_163.jpg
    IMG_20220522_131540_163.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 156
Some interesting design changes. LED's on the motor arms will make it easier to determine orientation at a distance; forward mounted camera reintroduced as it was on the Q500; left/right motors are inverted; batteries appear to be externally mounted.

I like the smaller controller. It appears to have maintained a large viewing screen. The white camera mount is of concern. Without carbon black it may tend to degrade faster from ultraviolet sunlight.
It will be interesting to see if it goes into production. Just guessing the final price around $8k or more.

The extended battery life will be good provided that proprietary batteries are not required. That is one thing that needs to be eliminated with Yuneec and all other manufacturers.

I am a little concerned with the triple arm mount on each side of the body instead of individual mounts for each arm. Seems this could result in much costlier repair should there be a mishap.

Will it be based on a more open source OS so a broader spectrum of software can be used, as well as, more cameras instead of being limited to Yuneec cameras that are overpriced for their capabilities.

Why is the one motor/prop (Right/Middle) upside down?

Why is the one motor/prop (Right/Middle) upside down?
Look closer and you will see that both middle arms have inverted motors.

Reactions: Chris Koch
Hello Tom,
I see that you shared the photos you took in our booth at the exhibition, the eRIC, in Enschede. They really look genuinely nice, good job! You can imagine that we are also a little surprised that you state that you cannot reach us, and we don't answer the telephone? As you saw in our booth, we are ready to answer any questions people might have and you can off course visit us in Holland whenever you want. I would like to invite you to have a zoom-meeting with me, preferably tomorrow, to get acquainted with each other. Please let me know if you agree. Kind regards, Yuneec Nederland (www.yecn.nl)

Looks like very good design. The motor configuration is not unsual many drones are using up down like the Skydio series. Not sure what the technical reason is however, appears to be well thought out.

I am happy to see Yuneec is still fighting to stay alive in a rough marker with DJI domenance.
I really like the H480 H920 great value compared to my Inspire and Mavic Enterprise.

The extended battery life will be good provided that proprietary batteries are not required. That is one thing that needs to be eliminated with Yuneec and all other manufacturers.
I don’t think the proprietary batteries are an issue insomuch as having “dumb” batteries that you have to babysit and coddle otherwise they’ll self-destruct.

Agree totally . I would rather buy battery from manufacturer. To much risk with aftermarket.
Though as they birds get older not much choice.

Reactions: Cecil
I don’t think the proprietary batteries are an issue insomuch as having “dumb” batteries that you have to babysit and coddle otherwise they’ll self-destruct.
I would disagree, proprietary batteries mean you are locked in to original equipment manufacturer, no second source options, higher than necessary prices and with controlled supply the ability to prematurely obsolete the equipment that use them

These are the first pictures of the new Yuneec H850. What do you think and think?

Some specs:
60 min flight time on 2 batterys of 13500mAh
No retractable landing gear.
Small controller
Looks like they’re getting ready to announce it - got this in my email this morning E6761975-6942-4E72-AC28-F99AFEF4F811.png

I would disagree, proprietary batteries mean you are locked in to original equipment manufacturer, no second source options, higher than necessary prices and with controlled supply the ability to prematurely obsolete the equipment that use them
Agree with pricing comment. I had a aftermarket rupture and I had to rush to the door with drone so I am a little gun shy on this.Ii was a long time ago 2016 however, it happens.

It would be ideal if they drone industry had some degree of standardization like autos. Possibly better QC.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval