Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Sucks, Everything About Them Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't sound right. Surely the flight logs should be able to highlight what went wrong? Did you send them the logs from that flight?

I've been extremely happy with my H after many flights, however, I am also running the last stable firmware and have not updated from the last two releases.
Have personally reviewed all logs and sent to Yuneec USA and the sad thing is it shows no issues, other than my evasive actions to save life and property! Perhaps when it arrives this time in California, they fly it and when it takes out the bosses window, maybe it will grab some attention ! LOL !

Reactions: Terry Thone
There are so many positives to the H setup... I'm really disappointed this is how its working out.

My return window to my original vendor JUST closed yesterday. The new replacement bird will be here on Tuesday. Guess I'll have to take a bit of a loss on selling it.... but easier to sell it new in box than crashed and for parts if this happens outside warranty.

Too bad really. Their service department is good, the concept is great... I am just not interested in paying $2,000 to be a beta tester.
I think a quick check of the replacement to see it is new and not a refurb, would be the safest bet before you sell it on. Look for telltale bits/scraps in beside the machine and scratches on the body. Undisturbed film on the control screen. Just my view.

your referring to he wifi...yes similar to the P34k The premium is another beast when it comes to distance. The premium has by far the best camera out there for non professionals. (hobbyists)

I'm looking for another drone. So what is the ballpark stock range on this machine?

I'm looking for another drone. So what is the ballpark stock range on this machine?

Read some of the comments on this video. I should give you an idea of what it can do. I'm guessing it comes down to how much interference there is so your mileage could be less.

That is what I think, too, at least about setup and concept. I personally visited the German service center (20 minutes car ride for me) just on the day of my YTH PRO RS amazon.de delivery. The charger did not work and the promised neck strap was missing. They were very friendly, gave me another charger and a neck strap on top.
If I hear about those YTH replacements I can only repeat myself: other manufacturers have problems, too. I just got my 3rd replacement P3P which has a GPS problem from the first flight (instead of shell cracks or obstructed motor error). The service is extremely friendly and I can highly recommend the company for their fast and professional customer service. But I must actually be a nightmare client for them because I always seem to experience their worst moments of production and repair output. For the price of 1 unit I already have the 4th unit which is waiting to be replaced by the 5th? Can they survive this or am I an exception to the rule?
DC and I got our THs bout the same time. He has helped me update mine several times and I consider him a good friend. He has discussed his problems that has happened since the July FW update.
Now don't get me wrong I do love my H, but it seem to have a fail rate higher than other Yuneec products. I have a Q500+ and to date haven't done an update. I was supposed to get a 4K camera but they forgot me. I swore I wouldn't buy anything else from them.then out comes the TH and I had to have it. My TH flies perfect other than I have had range problem on the RC and camera cutting my videos into small videtts. I have updated my TH and it is currently up to date. The camera is much improved, I believe we wouldn't be having these discussions if this was the release camera.
I stepping out on a limb and I don't have any facts to back it up but I think the failure rate is probably between 10 to 25%.
I hope and pray Yuneec takes care of my friend and anyone else with a defective TH. We don't need another 3D Robotics company. Come on Yuneec you have a great CS but the techs need some schooling or something.
Fly safe.

DC and I got our THs bout the same time. He has helped me update mine several times and I consider him a good friend. He has discussed his problems that has happened since the July FW update.
Now don't get me wrong I do love my H, but it seem to have a fail rate higher than other Yuneec products. I have a Q500+ and to date haven't done an update. I was supposed to get a 4K camera but they forgot me. I swore I wouldn't buy anything else from them.then out comes the TH and I had to have it. My TH flies perfect other than I have had range problem on the RC and camera cutting my videos into small videtts. I have updated my TH and it is currently up to date. The camera is much improved, I believe we wouldn't be having these discussions if this was the release camera.
I stepping out on a limb and I don't have any facts to back it up but I think the failure rate is probably between 10 to 25%.
I hope and pray Yuneec takes care of my friend and anyone else with a defective TH. We don't need another 3D Robotics company. Come on Yuneec you have a great CS but the techs need some schooling or something.
Fly safe.

Well said, its hard to blame the techs and CS folks , when they are only working with what YUNEEC corp will provide them, and allow them.

Corporate is the place that my complaintswould be sent to -- I get the feeling Yuneec CS in the USA ,well like their hands seem a bit tied. going on 4 weeks for a Camera test but they will Cross ship an ST16 I don't get it, your down either way..

Fly safe.
Thanks my friend!

When ever I get a job I make sure that nobody but me and my spotter are on the property. I also make sure that the neighbors are aware of the location shoot.

As far as your MOTOR ERROR, 5 .........? I would defiantly demand an exchange perhaps you have a LEMON..........Does the LEMON law apply to drones ?..............YUNEEC should just replace your TH with the TH PRO for all the inconvenience that have caused you and your business. Come on YUNEEC step up and take care of or friend DC.......

The thing is, there are around a thousand YTH owners using this forum at a guess, judging by how many respond to surveys or post (most forum members tend to be quiet, whilst a few post and actively join in). I've no idea how many people have bought the YTH, but I assume it's many more than that.

If your experience is good, you tend not to say much about it. I had a great flight on Friday, but it's not worth starting a thread about it (even if I am one of the 'noisy' ones!).

On the other hand, if your experience is bad, you want to tell someone about it, try to fix it, put people under pressure.

We know the people who've had bad experiences, they post on here. That's fine, but actually it seems to be a just handful of people who've had *really* bad experiences. We know Eric, and DC and Brian and a handful of others who've just not cut any luck when it comes to getting a good flyer. Perhaps it is that if you have a bad machine, the availability of spares is still very short at the moment and you're more than likely to get a repair or a part swapped out than a brand new replacement? The fact that we can still name the small number of people that have been stuck with bad machines suggests that the problem can't be that widespread. Who knows?

at best the H is a hobby toy, not a production machine. From the closed software system, dumb batteries, and horrible camera nothing says "Professional"

The thing is, there are around a thousand YTH owners using this forum at a guess, judging by how many respond to surveys or post (most forum members tend to be quiet, whilst a few post and actively join in). I've no idea how many people have bought the YTH, but I assume it's many more than that.

If your experience is good, you tend not to say much about it. I had a great flight on Friday, but it's not worth starting a thread about it (even if I am one of the 'noisy' ones!).

On the other hand, if your experience is bad, you want to tell someone about it, try to fix it, put people under pressure.

We know the people who've had bad experiences, they post on here. That's fine, but actually it seems to be a just handful of people who've had *really* bad experiences. We know Eric, and DC and Brian and a handful of others who've just not cut any luck when it comes to getting a good flyer. Perhaps it is that if you have a bad machine, the availability of spares is still very short at the moment and you're more than likely to get a repair or a part swapped out than a brand new replacement? The fact that we can still name the small number of people that have been stuck with bad machines suggests that the problem can't be that widespread. Who knows?

Not this Brian :) My bad luck has been with the repair times on my camera the only two bushes in my way were my fault LOL

When it came out the "H" was all i hope for, love the specs. For me as a professional, even the look of it is more professional that all of the others from the same class. The professionals don´t only fly big rigs. It´s the work that determine what kind of drone we fly. The "H" was for me a great substitute for the Phantom. Better specs, 6 motors, look professional. I bought the firt "H" in early June. Till 7 August, apart from the long star up of the video link i really like the "H".
On the 7 of August The "H" just fall from the sky, no warning i was looking at it and saw all motors stooped. I know that all new things have problems, the Phantom only on the 3er version was a capable drone. And i was expecting some minor problems, but i though that Yuneec will have a better assistance than the others, after all, thats what we as professionals need, a reliable drone, and a great assistance.
I have heard great things about UK assistance, but unfortunately when i ask them what to do, they tell me that i have to deal with Yuneec Europe.
After a quick answer from them, and a question from me, i was 11 days without a answer. Send mails to every mail address i find. when i finally get an answer, and send the "H", another problems. never seem to have any news about the "H". When i finally get i touch whit them, they said that it will speed things up, but it will take at least 6 weeks. To be fair it only take about 2 weeks. But they told me that everything was working 100/100. My bird fall from the sky and all was good???
They said that was due i was flying near some metal buildings and it cause high interference. After the crash i fly with a P3 for 2 hours with no problems.If the "H" as problems fly were the Phantom fly with no problem... Yuneec is really in trouble.
As i said, i expect some problems, but i also expect Yuneec to solve it.
What i have was someone who try to tell me that the crash was my fault and they can replace for a new "H" and camera for 800€.
I bought a second Typhoon. Less than a week after i had a new crash due to again a Typhoon problem. I still dont know how Yuneec will go with this one.
In 6 years as professional and over plus 2000 hours of flying drones, i only have 2 crash that was human error, all the others crash were drone malfunctions. I crash a over 30.000 drone, with the same problem (completed system failure), and the manufacture assume the error and give me a brand new one.
Reading all this issues in this foruns, my lake in faith of Yuneec is starting to grow, and one thing is for sure, i have to buy a new one because i start a work with the CCC capabilities, and it will go for almost a year and now a just can't go back.
But i think that it will be my only work with the "H" for now. As someone said, professional we can't work with this kind of probabilities of something go wrong with the fly of the "H". And on top of that have a poor assistance... that´s a no go.
If someone think i'm just be unfair with yuneec, i can post the logs of both flights, the video of one, and the mails from me to Yuneec assistence and from Yuneec to me.
This is not about the money, its about someone try to take me for a fool. It's about someone say; relax, we have your back. If you have some problems with our products, we are here for you.

Reactions: KBflyer

You're spot on with this statement and it is an unfortunate part of our 'human nature'.

From my time owning the H, I have found it to be a very capable craft. I have had no issues at all in regards to the camera, loss of signal, etc, but I also treat this frame as a dedicated LOS platform and don't push the limits. It is unfortunate that some people are having problems and while some of these definitely seem to be related to hardware/software, I also believe that a percentage of the problems are due to improper calibration of GPS, Accelerometer, and also the ST16.

Reactions: Tuulos and Rayray

When i was a little boy, i usually went to pay my Father insurance at their office. And i always saw a poster that said more or less like this: When a customer like a service, they tell 2 other persons of the good service. If they don´t like, they will tell 7.
That was long before the internet and the possibility of people could post what they think for millions of people.
That's why companies should do their best to keep clients happy.

hi droneclone...

what's really frustrating that YUNEEC take our money and do a bad job on updates and quality control. my 4. new replaced YTH is at KK...and last week I have call YUNEEC, because I am angry now, we do correct calibrations and fly correct ...but we can't used our investment in this H, because it don't works. we loose jobs and DJI users starts joking about us...

they have received my copter on Tuesday and because of number 4 they told me they do it fast and the technican have it now on table.... I asked on Thursday: hey what's the status ? answer: nothing !!! it's not touched.

I ask for boss... I told the story of 2month 4copters...and he told me: yes your new Copter nr4 has 2issues: Hardware Compass issue (it will be replace) and the Firmware Problem , they wait for Update and Hope ist come this week ...

x5 for h will be Great, but i think they Never give us....they have the Tornado with go4

When i was a little boy, i usually went to pay my Father insurance at their office. And i always saw a poster that said more or less like this: When a customer like a service, they tell 2 other persons of the good service. If they don´t like, they will tell 7.
That was long before the internet and the possibility of people could post what they think for millions of people.
That's why companies should do their best to keep clients happy.

True, and an excellent example from life. M, if you go back and read through (yeah, take awhile) this forum for the last month, you will find that time and again Yuneec did answer the phones, the emails, repaired and even sent out new units at their expense. Compare this in a fair way to their main competitor, who now even refuses to register warranties on their products not sold by an approved vendor.

Yuneec unfairly raised expectations for the H, availability, etc. and as yet I've not seen a decent owners manual. Quality control and internal communications SEEMS lacking. Unbelievable that owners and 3rd parties have to produce videos showing new owners how to operate their product. No wonder owners are angry.

Reactions: Tuulos
I do like my H, it flies nice and haven't had any major issues OTHER THAN the day that (I'm sure I triggered a GPS glitch and) it flew away and crashed.

I don't know what to think about customer service since I am technically still waiting for a response.

I haven't really looked into it because I decided to repair the machine myself and it has been flying flawlessly ever since.

This was the last response I had from yuneec, almost 2 months ago, it was after I sent another email regarding my case. I haven't heard anything about my case ever since.

full

Rayray, i know that the other company also sucks, probably worse. I don't like DJI. i think that the P3/4 seems like a toy, not like a professional drone. but in 18 moths of having a P3, i have no problem even know that they have a lot of them. My point is, why yuneec is letting go a good opportunity to cause a good first impression?
For me, if they only said; ok, its our bad... sorry we will get you another asp. I'll not be happy but i 'll understand and think to my self that Yuneec is worth it.
Now, they have a problem that we all know that is bigger than we thought, and try take me for a fool... that's what i can't take from them.

Unfortunately for Yuneec, I think their marketing dept, and DJI's have sold users a bill of goods that anyone can fly these, the reality is they can't. These drones, for the most work well a lot of the time, for others they don't work as advertised. The reality for me is that this is a sophisticated piece of equipment which has exceeded my expectations. I personally don't feel I'm one of the lucky ones, I'm just lucky in how I approach flying this drone as well has having many years of experience flying all manner of RC craft. Bully for me. For others here who are getting started and have been sold by the marketing of DJI and Yuneec, they are stuck. I have learned a lot and am continuing to learn all the time. I don't know it all, I do have many years of experience yet I still don't take piloting this or any craft for granted. Like the US Space Shuttle Challenger, I think we take flying one of these as routine, its not. Flying is still a risky business and should be approached as such. Shame on Yuneec and DJI for advertising otherwise yet kudos to them for pushing the envelope in an attempt to get us there.

It's easy to blame both Yuneec and DJI but to be honest we all share some of the blame too.

Reactions: Tuulos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace