Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Sucks, Everything About Them Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
no manufacturer is immune from failures (look how many P4s were returned to apple stores after initial release), these are incredibly complicated machines and the people on here tend to reflect the small minority (well you are) who come on and tell us about their problems, whilst there are many many more who are out there flying perfectly well with no issues, and those we tend not to hear about on these forums

this product has been a huge learning curve for Yuneec to have such a mass market appeal platform like the H, and how many years has it taken DJI to get customer service anywhere near where it is today ???

we are all beta testers when we buy these things, and if that doesn't appeal to you then simply find something else to do because there is no such thing as a perfect drone....sorry guys !
Very true. Back in the 80s I used to service PC's/Printer/Monitors you name it. Some customers would come up to me and say, hey, you work on PC's, what would you recommend would be the best? I would always say, none of them, they're all crap. Why did I say that? Because my job was to fix them. All the broken ones would come my way. Kind of like here. People are looking for help so they congregate here. Unfortunately a lot of the people here are having issues and are coming here for help. To the casual observer it looks like there are a lot of issues. Isn't that why your here? You are having issues, or want to learn, or just hang with other like minded individuals. Either way, the problems are condensed here and give the appearance of a larger issue. People without issues probably aren't hanging around here, they're out flying and having fun. To the individuals who are having trouble, I get it. All that matters is getting resolution. All I'm asking you to do is take a step back, look at your issues objectively and not get caught up in every bad or good thing that's happening here.

To the individuals who are having trouble, I get it. All that matters is getting resolution. All I'm asking you to do is take a step back, look at your issues objectively and not get caught up in every bad or good thing that's happening here.

Amen. Those who have been on both sides of the fence, the company side and the customer side, understand that companies and customers come in all flavors. A problem that one customer pays little heed to sends another customer into fits of rage and paranoia. Customer Service folks are just regular people for the most part, not paragons of virtue or fonts of knowledge. DO take that step back.

Reactions: Agent K
Amen. Those who have been on both sides of the fence, the company side and the customer side, understand that companies and customers come in all flavors. A problem that one customer pays little heed to sends another customer into fits of rage and paranoia. Customer Service folks are just regular people for the most part, not paragons of virtue or fonts of knowledge. DO take that step back.

I also have a business, and i'm not immune to things go bad one time or another, but the client is always wright till i can prove otherwise. it's always better have someone say I'm sorry, i was wrong, that have someone say, that company sucks.
But as far as i can tell, Yuneec UK as a great service, i know for a fact that they have replace the drone of people with the same problem than mine. And thats fine. it´s normal the "birth pains" of a product. I understand that. Also in UK they manage to have short assistance time. So my beef is with Europe assistance. I have to wait 11 days and send several mails to different mails addresses to have an answer as simple as what i have to do to send the drone.
Also they said that my "H" was 100% ok, when i saw it have a completed shut down of the motors, and said that it was due magnetic interference from the buildings. I fly professionally for 6 years with
thousands of Euros drones, i know that that was not the problem.
So, as best as i know, they are playing me for a fool even after i told them i'm a professional with a long history of flying drones, not just someone who buy their first drone.
And thats why i'm pissed.

I also have a business, and i'm not immune to things go bad one time or another, but the client is always wright till i can prove otherwise. it's always better have someone say I'm sorry, i was wrong, that have someone say, that company sucks.
But as far as i can tell, Yuneec UK as a great service, i know for a fact that they have replace the drone of people with the same problem than mine. And thats fine. it´s normal the "birth pains" of a product. I understand that. Also in UK they manage to have short assistance time. So my beef is with Europe assistance. I have to wait 11 days and send several mails to different mails addresses to have an answer as simple as what i have to do to send the drone.
Also they said that my "H" was 100% ok, when i saw it have a completed shut down of the motors, and said that it was due magnetic interference from the buildings. I fly professionally for 6 years with
thousands of Euros drones, i know that that was not the problem.
So, as best as i know, they are playing me for a fool even after i told them i'm a professional with a long history of flying drones, not just someone who buy their first drone.
And thats why i'm pissed.
I totally get that. How you treat your customers can totally make/break most businesses, yet some with deep pockets seem to continue on regardless. Yuneec could definitely improve customer communication and from what I've been reading Yuneec Germany is by far the worst. Someone from Yuneec really needs get a handle on their German office before too much damage is done. Not sure if it's past that point yet or not.

Reactions: Miguel Angelo
( Moderator edit Improper comment )
Now I will give some advice to everyone..After you have down loaded the firmware which I'm hoping was done on a clean formatted sd card. Now turn the H off pull the battery shut off the ST16. Now go take a rest while the battery is recharging, check the controller, make sure it is full also.
Put the battery back in the TH turn the ST16 on, turn the TH on. Calibrate the compass, the altimeter and the camera gimble. Pull the battery after turning off the H and ST16. Top it off again.

Now that's done put the battery back in. Turn the ST16, TH and wait for the correct number of satalites. Now Hoover it for at least 3 minutes. Play with it for another 3 minutes going no more than 25 meters from you and no higher than 8 meters. Land it and wait til tomorrow for any more flights
Fly safe. All of this will allow the FW to sync to everything. This is my routine hope it helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Miguel please take that step back then a deep breath let it out counting to as close to 100 as you can in what ever languages.
Now I will give some advice to everyone..After you have down loaded the firmware which I'm hoping was done on a clean formatted sd card. Now turn the H off pull the battery shut off the ST16. Now go take a rest while the battery is recharging, check the controller, make sure it is full also.
Put the battery back in the TH turn the ST16 on, turn the TH on. Calibrate the compass, the altimeter and the camera gimble. Pull the battery after turning off the H and ST16. Top it off again.

Now that's done put the battery back in. Turn the ST16, TH and wait for the correct number of satalites. Now Hoover it for at least 3 minutes. Play with it for another 3 minutes going no more than 25 meters from you and no higher than 8 meters. Land it and wait til tomorrow for any more flights
Fly safe. All of this will allow the FW to sync to everything. This is my routine hope it helps

This will allow the firmware to sync to everything? Sync to what, exactly? Why wait until tomorrow?

I'm with you DC....i have had nothing but one problem after the next since i got it in May....mine is back at yuneec for the third time....I don't even give a **** anymore....This H has taken the fun out of the hobby for me.....

Reactions: eric bee
Well as someone who's been in this hobby since the beginning when we'd paint wings on a rock with our own blood and jump off a cliff with it. Now that's when FPV really meant something and most of us didn't survive! Now some may scoff at what I'm about to say but trust me it'll save you lots of trouble when it come to updates. First shut the power off from your house and your neighbors if possible. Second and this is critical, you must be completely naked for these next few steps. Additional expert tip: Don't under any circumstance be naked while turning off your neighbors power! Third, get in your car and drive to 10.5 miles from the nearest Walmart and turn on you H and calibrate the compass while it's in the case, there's something about the styrofoam case that makes your H feel "safe" and want to be calibrated and that's key! Fourth once calibrated remove H from case and seat-belt securely in front seat after disabling front passenger airbag. Finally tune radio to smooth jazz station or pop in that Kenny G cd so H can relax and soak in that update. Your H should fly straight and true.

Kenny G? ****. I was playing it Enya. No wonder it took off on me.

Miguel please take that step back then a deep breath let it out counting to as close to 100 as you can in what ever languages.

Dragonflyerthom, and all of you guys, you still don't understand, i probably with my bad English could t explain.
I love the "H"! I know how things go with a new product. Have you ever eard of Iphone that work on its first version?
I know that the "H" will do great. For me the "H" it's not a direct competition to the Phantom, is for the Inspire with the X3 camera.
And sorry, i know you have good intentions, and i thank you. But i have now thousands of hours of flying drones. Not only the "H", but also Phantons, Inspire, S900, Falcon 8, some X8 we build...
I know all we must do, as i have told Yuneec assistence, i'm not just some guy who just bought the Typhoon.
In 7 weeks i have almost 280 logs with the "H". even if they were not all fly logs, and even i fly only 15 min for log, i'm sure that its more than 60 hours in 7 weeks. You wont get mush pilots here with that kind of flight time in only 7 weeks.
I can tell you also that in almost 6 years as profissional, i only have 2 crash due human error, all the others, (and were only 5) were due drone malfunctions. In 3 weeks i have 2 with 2 different "H"
I had a similar crash with a 30.000 euros drone, and the manufacture replace it with an apologies. And thats fine by me. I know that 30.000 or 1500 euros drone have malfunctions.
I get that, and i understand that not all the systems will work flawless it happen with everyone.
My problem is not with yuneec itself, but the european assistence.
I told them that i was a profissional and have a professional use of the "H"
I saw the drone have a completed shutdown
They tell me that the drone was 100% ok.
Will you do commercial work with a drone after a crash that you know that had a hardware/firmware related and the manufacture tell you that it as no problem?
Why some Yuneec assistences replace the drone and i have to stick with the crash one.?
When the "H" crash i bought another one, even before Yuneec Europe tell me that "it was my fault because i fly near buildings with lot of metal.
Dragonflyerthom, i do inspection work in plus 350KV power lines, belive me, i know were we can have problems with interferences.
And sorry, we can have 6 minuts of no work on a batterie just to see if everything is ok. One minute tops. More than that, and that is not a drone for commercial work.
And if youneec tell that its not a drone for commercial work, i accepted. The specs dont say that, but ok its fair from they to say that..

My beef is i had a crash on the 6 of August, in an accident that was not my fault, i bough a new one and less than a week new crash also not my fault. I ask them only to see the logs and they said no.
I´m now almost in October and have no "H" to fly.
It's not about the money, i could buy another one. It's not about my faith in the "H". It's about respect and don´t know as professional if i can trust Yuneec assistence.
For hobby you can be without a drone for 3 months, as a professional 3 months is a no go.
And after 2 "lemons", we just cant have it because of the assistence, not because of the drone.
This week i'll buy the 3 one, but just to completed the work that must be finish by the "H" because it have start a CCC work with the "H"... For other works i have 8 other drones to chose.
But when Yuneec manage things up, i get to the Tyhoon again.

Well as someone who's been in this hobby since the beginning when we'd paint wings on a rock with our own blood and jump off a cliff with it. Now that's when FPV really meant something and most of us didn't survive! Now some may scoff at what I'm about to say but trust me it'll save you lots of trouble when it come to updates. First shut the power off from your house and your neighbors if possible. Second and this is critical, you must be completely naked for these next few steps. Additional expert tip: Don't under any circumstance be naked while turning off your neighbors power! Third, get in your car and drive to 10.5 miles from the nearest Walmart and turn on you H and calibrate the compass while it's in the case, there's something about the styrofoam case that makes your H feel "safe" and want to be calibrated and that's key! Fourth once calibrated remove H from case and seat-belt securely in front seat after disabling front passenger airbag. Finally tune radio to smooth jazz station or pop in that Kenny G cd so H can relax and soak in that update. Your H should fly straight and true.

You just can't re-use the method we used with the early DJI stuff. If you recall doing the above fixed most of the fly ways but brought about the in flight shakes and tumbles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragonflyerthom, and all of you guys, you still don't understand, i probably with my bad English could t explain.
I love the "H"! I know how things go with a new product. Have you ever eard of Iphone that work on its first version?
I know that the "H" will do great. For me the "H" it's not a direct competition to the Phantom, is for the Inspire with the X3 camera.
And sorry, i know you have good intentions, and i thank you. But i have now thousands of hours of flying drones. Not only the "H", but also Phantons, Inspire, S900, Falcon 8, some X8 we build...
I know all we must do, as i have told Yuneec assistence, i'm not just some guy who just bought the Typhoon.
In 7 weeks i have almost 280 logs with the "H". even if they were not all fly logs, and even i fly only 15 min for log, i'm sure that its more than 60 hours in 7 weeks. You wont get mush pilots here with that kind of flight time in only 7 weeks.
I can tell you also that in almost 6 years as profissional, i only have 2 crash due human error, all the others, (and were only 5) were due drone malfunctions. In 3 weeks i have 2 with 2 different "H"
I had a similar crash with a 30.000 euros drone, and the manufacture replace it with an apologies. And thats fine by me. I know that 30.000 or 1500 euros drone have malfunctions.
I get that, and i understand that not all the systems will work flawless it happen with everyone.
Will you do commercial work with a drone after a crash that you know that had a hardware/firmware related and the manufacture tell you that it as no problem?
Why some Yuneec assistences replace the drone and i have to stick with the crash one.?
When the "H" crash i bought another one, even before Yuneec Europe tell me that "it was my fault because i fly near buildings with lot of metal.
Dragonflyerthom, i do inspection work in plus 350KV power lines, belive me, i know were we can have problems with interferences.
And sorry, we can have 6 minuts of no work on a batterie just to see if everything is ok. One minute tops. More than that, and that is not a drone for commercial work.
And if youneec tell that its not a drone for commercial work, i accepted. The specs dont say that, but ok its fair from they to say that..

My beef is i had a crash on the 6 of August, in an accident that was not my fault, i bough a new one and less than a week new crash also not my fault. I ask them only to see the logs and they said no.
It's not about the money, i could buy another one. It's not about my faith in the "H". It's about respect and don´t know as professional if i can trust Yuneec assistence.
For hobby you can be without a drone for 3 months, as a professional 3 months is a no go.
And after 2 "lemons", we just cant have it because of the assistence, not because of the drone.
This week i'll buy the 3 one, but just to completed the work that must be finish by the "H" because it have start a CCC work with the "H"... For other works i have 8 other drones to chose.
Miguel, I think you have a legitimate beef. I think the biggest issue is with how your being treated by Yuneec Germany? I'm sure they have to deal with a lot of inexperienced operators but as you've indicated, that's not you. Someone here posted a lot of Yuneec contact info. I would reach out to all of them if I were you.

You just can't re-use the method we used with the early DJI stuff. If you recall doing the above fixed most of the fly ways but brought about the in flight shakes and tumbles. With the H ya gotta add in a naked preachers' 20 year old daughter, and she has to remain unsullied. Then do the Kenny G thing.
Don't know how I forgot that part. Too much fpv from the early days.

Come on and bring out the bashers! But it's time for all of you to wake up and smell the roses! I have a great camera, no focus or anything needed! My H has been perfect till the 7/16 upgrade, then it crashed from a hover(Yes , all the proper cali's and expert flight checks) Just crashed, Yuneec is so stupid, they can't even tell my why!, Sent in, repaired, but only fly's 600-900 feet and "wammo" not telemetry!, Yuneec CS told me in three conversations to do this and do that, No better whatsoever!. Called this morning and one told me to redo the firmware, doubted his knowledge, but did any ways!, Well the piece of sh*t flew away, and if it was not for my quick thinking and years of RC knowledge it would be back in China!, Brought it home in non gps and had to fight it to land and shut off!
Now they say send it in to a bunch of techs that screwed it up the first time!.
This is in a box waiting for Monday morning.
The last Yuneec item, I will ever throw my cash away on! and I know they don't give a flying sh*t either.
I fly professionally and need reliability and safe performance ! Not a rushed out toy, made in China!
From now on, "MADE IN THE USA", Germany, or Europe! Till then I will build my own units and have only me to blame!!!!

almost all drones are made in china

Strange, i have my H advanced since the begin of june and had until now no major problems ...

Marnix

Well that sucks. The other frustrating part of all these fly a ways is how Yuneec keeps saying they are not getting any reports like the forums and facebook are reporting. Are the just out and out lying? Do they get a bonus for handing out bull crap to the consumer when they call in?
This company has gone real bad real fast. Its to bad.
My next purchase will be a AUTEL ROBOTICS X-STAR 4K WIFI CAMERA, (ORANGE) 1 EXTRA BATTERY and not Yuneec.

I stay with my TPH, i will not buy the phantom clone from autel robotics.
i never had any issues with my TPH. the video quality improved with the latest updates ...
Marnix

Miguel, I think you have a legitimate beef. I think the biggest issue is with how your being treated by Yuneec Germany? I'm sure they have to deal with a lot of inexperienced operators but as you've indicated, that's not you. Someone here posted a lot of Yuneec contact info. I would reach out to all of them if I were you.
I'm only waiting to see as it goes with the second Typhoon i send. But Thanks

Miguel, I suggest you contact Yuneec in the UK. I found them very supportive when I contacted them about my compass errors.

Miguel, I suggest you contact Yuneec in the UK. I found them very supportive when I contacted them about my compass errors.

I did Graham, and they were super. I send them a mail, and less than 5 minuts i have someone calling me... not mail me. Calling...
Unfortunately, they said that they will try to talk to the Eupean assistence but can do nothing more, because they cannot deal with drones buy in Portugal. For Portugal is Yuneec Europe.
But tumbs up for UK assistence.
Even UK assistence tell me the exacly same thing, i'll deal with it diffrent way, because in my mind, i felt that they care about us.

Sorry to hear they couldnt help, but that is an almost unbelievable response time. I hope you get it sorted quickly.

Reactions: Miguel Angelo
Sorry to hear they couldnt help, but that is an almost unbelievable response time. I hope you get it sorted quickly.

In my mind, if Yuneec could replicate the UK assistance, they will have a lot more happy clients. Even that means less profits at close range, they will gain in the long run.

I had enough of my H, after two months of owning it, nothing but problems, it actually charged at me on two occasions, was lucky to get out of the way!
I have now bought the Phantom 4 and am very happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech