Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typhoon H Battery Plug Cable for Chargers

My only regret is I didnt get the 4 port model :)

It's probably better for me to just charge 2 batteries at one time due to the current already being drawn from my fish tank when the chiller for the tank is running.

Probably the only time that I'd be using 4 ports at one time was if my 4 batteries were fully charged and I wanted to discharge them to storage voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Ok, so I got my battery plugs today. Build is awesome. look and feels "factory" But then I tried them out with my current charger "onyx 245" and I keep getting an error 2 code "battery not connected." Yet I can read the total voltage, each cell voltage, etc. I have it connected to the balance board. tried switching ports (has 2 ports), swapped balance boards, swapped board cables, even swapped to the 2nd cable I purchased. I also switched to different Typhoon batteries. All error 2 codes. These are the only Lipo batts I have so I can't test if its this particular lipo batts. The charger does charge my NiMH batts. Guess i get to get a new charger cause I'm thinking the odds of getting 2 bad cables is unlikely (fingers crossed). Need to order soon to test the bad charger vs bad cables theory so I can exchange the cables if need be.

well, i will be getting a new charger! just did more research and come to find out...this charger only charges up to 3S lipo. well glad the charger still works.

Reactions: abinder
I just got the Venom 4 port, 100W per port charger. So far after an hour or so of use, it appears to be delivering on that spec. Hopefully my H will arrive tomorrow after being repaired and work fine all weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
Here is a good link to learn about RC batteries chargers, how they work and how to choose the right one. This website also has a lot of good info on Lipo batteries too. A lot of good info to digest. I bought the iCharge 208B and a 550W E Fuel 12-18 Volt adjustable 30A power supply a couple of years ago when I got my Q500 and it works great. I will be using it to charge the H batteries now. I order 3 of the charge cables from Carolina Dronz a couple of day ago when I ordered My H pro. I'm going to make up a parallel charging cable with 2 of the cables so I can charge both H batteries at the same time like I did with the Q500 batteries and keep one cable as a spare.

Understanding RC Battery Chargers

Last edited:
Reactions: stevemitchell
Here is a good link to learn about RC batteries chargers, how they work and how to choose the right one. This website also has a lot of good info on Lipo batteries too. A lot of good info to digest. I bought the iCharge 208B and a 550W E Fuel 12-18 Volt adjustable 30A power supply a couple of years ago when I got my Q500 and it works great. I will be using it to charge the H batteries now. I order 3 of the charge cables from Carolina Dronz a couple of day ago when I ordered My H pro. I'm going to make up a parallel charging cable with 2 of the cables so I can charge both H batteries at the same time like I did with the Q500 batteries and keep one cable as a spare.

Understanding RC Battery Chargers
Thanks for that link.
About charging batteries in parallel, did I get wrong your post?
I would like to point I will never ever charge different batteries in parallel.
They are for sure at different charge levels and that could mean a search for troubles.
Just think at what happens if you have a cell in a pack which is unbalanced: inflating will be the first of several surprises.
Serious chargers don't allow charging batteries which have cells out more than 0.2V, which in a Lipo pack is a huge amount, for a reason.
Ric
P.s.: edit, unless batteries did work in parallel on the same vehicle.

Thanks for that link.
About charging batteries in parallel, did I get wrong your post?
I would like to point I will never ever charge different batteries in parallel.
They are for sure at different charge levels and that could mean a search for troubles.
Just think at what happens if you have a cell in a pack which is unbalanced: inflating will be the first of several surprises.
Serious chargers don't allow charging batteries which have cells out more than 0.2V, which in a Lipo pack is a huge amount, for a reason.
Ric
P.s.: edit, unless batteries did work in parallel on the same vehicle.

I will never parallel charge any batteries.

There's no way individual cell voltage of each battery can be seen when charging in parallel.

Charging in parallel is 'assuming' the individual cells that are in parallel will charge at the same rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval