Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec typhoon h new pilot

Reaction score
Hi I need to know how to turn on the video on my drone do I have to format the SD card every time I try to download the footage from the card to my iPad there is nothing on it what am I doing wrong please help
Thanks Bob

After I download the video from the sd card to my computer, I format the card. Writing and deleting videos from the card will cause file fragmentation after doing so a few times. Formatting prevents that from happening and will make writing to the card more efficient for the camera.

Do you have any info about your card on the controller screen? like in the picture attached? If not then you need to reformat your card. I all ways format my cards with the controller.

Attachments

• 20190902_153220_HDR.jpg
    20190902_153220_HDR.jpg
    555.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 20190902_153302_HDR.jpg
    20190902_153302_HDR.jpg
    626.6 KB · Views: 28
Thanks I will try that next time I fly how do I make the video camera record and how do I download to my iPad

Hi I need to know how to turn on the video on my drone do I have to format the SD card every time I try to download the footage from the card to my iPad there is nothing on it what am I doing wrong please help
Thanks Bob

If you asking how to recording videos the easy way is to go in-camera settings and then switch on the video switch. After that, you just push the video camera button and you go straight to recording video. I am not sure if that was your question but here it is. :))

Attachments

• 20190902_153302_HDR.jpg
    20190902_153302_HDR.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 23
  • 20190902_153318_HDR.jpg
    20190902_153318_HDR.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 21
If you are successful with the video recording you can transfer the video to your mac or pc and then transfer it to the Ipad. Or you buy an sd card reader for Ipad /iPhone and transfer it in your Ipad. You can't download directly from the camera to Ipad.

If you asking how to recording videos the easy way is to go in-camera settings and then switch on the video switch. After that, you just push the video camera button and you go straight to recording video. I am not sure if that was your question but here it is. :))
Thanks got it I appreciate it ?

After I download the video from the sd card to my computer, I format the card. Writing and deleting videos from the card will cause file fragmentation after doing so a few times. Formatting prevents that from happening and will make writing to the card more efficient for the camera.
Also carry more than one card, then you've covered all bases in event of a failure, which most of us have experienced!

I will strongly suggest reading the Quick Start Guide that came in the aircraft box or downloading it from the Yuneec website. Also read the user developed Typhoon H manual contained within the sticky threads at the beginning of the forum. Failing that I’m afraid you will be posting a very large quantity of “How do I?” threads.

Reactions: John Hennessy
Just an FYI. With some controllers, pressing the record button for too long to start recording effectively fails to start the recording. Usually a short stab of the button instead of a longer press does the trick. My suspicion, though, is that you are recording to the card but your ipad is failing to recognize the files on the card.

I have no experience of the ipad...I don't own one, but I noted in post #6 by @georgero that he says that "You can't download directly from the camera to Ipad" and have to download to some intermediary device. Maybe that's the answer?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers