Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typhoon H / ST16 and Vufine

Reaction score
since 2 weeks now i have a Vufine ( from VUFINE )
I first needed to train myself to look with the right eye to the vufine and on the same time focus my left eye on the TPH. And now 2 weeks later i can say i'm happy that i bought the Vufine.
I did this because in my country i need to not lose the VLOS of my bird. looking down on the ST16 is normally not allowed also.

I hope this is a good idea for some other pilots who have the same problems with the law in their country.

Marnix

Reactions: Marcus D.
Interesting, thanks for posting.

I first needed to train myself to look with the right eye to the vufine and on the same time focus my left eye on the TPH. And now 2 weeks later i can say i'm happy that i bought the Vufine.
I did this because in my country i need to not lose the VLOS of my bird. looking down on the ST16 is normally not allowed also.

I hope this is a good idea for some other pilots who have the same problems with the law in their country.

Marnix
so you were able to buy it directly from the site and it was delivered to you as normally? because i normally just buy via amazon but vufine is really interesting!

The Vufine certainly looks like it might be helpful as an aid for seeing what the camera is seeing without having to actually look down at the ST-16's screen and take your eyes off the H. I sometimes scare myself when I'm maneuvering around an object trying to keep it centered in the ST-16 screen and I end up focusing on the ST-16 instead of the H probably longer than I should. The Vufine would allow more of a heads-up view but I would be concerned about that big clunky screen housing sitting in front of my right eye blocking my vision while I'm trying to fly. Marnix, how obtrusive is the Vufine in front of your right eye? Is the device small enough to see around with the right eye or are you trying to watch your drone with only one eye? Seems like that would play **** with depth perception?

I've been following Augmented Reality technology for over a decade and I really think that's the wave of the future when it comes to displaying useful information and graphics on your real world view. Epson recently partnered with DJI to produce Augmented Reality glasses that are compatible with Phantom, Inspire and Matrice drones, as well as the Osmo. The cost will be a lot more than the Vufine but the advantage is the ability to see through the display, with nothing blocking either eye. It would be nice if Yuneec was exploring similar strategic partnerships with Microsoft, Google, Meta, ODG or others to provide true AR functionality for the H.

Thanks for sharing Marnix.

The Vufine certainly looks like it might be helpful as an aid for seeing what the camera is seeing without having to actually look down at the ST-16's screen and take your eyes off the H. I sometimes scare myself when I'm maneuvering around an object trying to keep it centered in the ST-16 screen and I end up focusing on the ST-16 instead of the H probably longer than I should. The Vufine would allow more of a heads-up view but I would be concerned about that big clunky screen housing sitting in front of my right eye blocking my vision while I'm trying to fly. Marnix, how obtrusive is the Vufine in front of your right eye? Is the device small enough to see around with the right eye or are you trying to watch your drone with only one eye? Seems like that would play **** with depth perception?

I've been following Augmented Reality technology for over a decade and I really think that's the wave of the future when it comes to displaying useful information and graphics on your real world view. Epson recently partnered with DJI to produce Augmented Reality glasses that are compatible with Phantom, Inspire and Matrice drones, as well as the Osmo. The cost will be a lot more than the Vufine but the advantage is the ability to see through the display, with nothing blocking either eye. It would be nice if Yuneec was exploring similar strategic partnerships with Microsoft, Google, Meta, ODG or others to provide true AR functionality for the H.

Thanks for sharing Marnix.

Hi i lose around 35 to 40% of the sight on my right eye. But it is useable. Only you need to train yourself looking and focusing the drone with your left eye and looking to the small display with your right eye.
And the device is not so expensis the Vufine was 199 USD but they are announcing a new version the Vufine+ thru kickstarter as they did with their first version.

Marnix

I purchased a Vufine a month and a half ago and I am extremely pleased how it has enhanced flight control. I have a leg up on most because I used to wear a pass through information monocle all the time. Not having to look down at the screen is a huge advantage when trying to use Line of Sight and keeping track of the video you are shooting. Although this is not a true HUD it doesn't take too long getting used to. Adapting to swapping back and forth between Line of Sight and the Vufine became second nature to me after six or seven flights. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone shooting serious video. I also found that I have started using the on screen controls through the Vufine as opposed to looking down at where my thumbs are on the controller. This particular talent is a work in progress, I have fat finger syndrome and spend a lot of time correcting the mistakes I make when not looking at my thumbs but I suspect this will improve with time. While this is my first reply to a posting I have been on this site a lot enjoying all the information being posted.
Marc

Reactions: Ergon

Marnix
Did you get the plus version? I bought the standard version recommend ed by the vufine video not realising the standard and the plus has different firmware. To have the mirror work on the screen you need the plus version. I'm still waiting on vufine to help me with this as I feel I have been misled. And need to exchange the unit for the plus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval