Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec US sales

Update:

H Plus delivered today, everything appears intact. Currently charging the batteries and biting at the bit. How would you folks approach firmware update? (Obviously I need to see what is currently on it) Would you take the 'If its not broke don't fix it' route or should I update to a specific release?

Anyway, today will be a good day! cant wait to get this thing ready for its first flight!!

Update:

H Plus delivered today, everything appears intact. Currently charging the batteries and biting at the bit. How would you folks approach firmware update? (Obviously I need to see what is currently on it) Would you take the 'If its not broke don't fix it' route or should I update to a specific release?

Anyway, today will be a good day! cant wait to get this thing ready for its first flight!!
Be patient, and seeing its brand new alls good ? So just fly it, and enjoy it, just be sure to set all the parameters such as your RTH altitude, compass calibration, and whatnot ? Enjoy

It very likely has the latest and greatest already installed since it is new from the factory.

The first thing is to give it short discovery flights in an open area free of obstacles and insure it is operating properly. Fly your batteries to about 35% and land the aircraft. After the batteries are broke in (about 10 cycles) you can fly to the low battery warning, but land before the second warning that will initiate an automatic RTL.

Now that you have it....and the enhanced user manual:

The best investment of a few hours you could possibly make - Orientation Session!

Power up the aircraft (without props, do not start motors) and the ST16. Once they're both up and running, sit comfortably with the Enhanced User Manual. Go through the manual, and on each and every point, feature, setting, etc....make sure you understand what it is, why you would use it (or not use it), and be able to identify it on the controller and/or aircraft.

This Orientation Session will answer most of your questions and give you a real leg up in confidence when you go out for your first flight. Plus, for any questions that may develop, you'll have a much better position of understanding when you ask and receive an answer.

Good luck, take it slow, and have fun! The H+ is a terrific aircraft.

Thanks for the responses guys. So actually it seemed this drone was naked and was showing no current firmware at all! Now I am not sure how that is a thing, but the remote was completely updated and the bird and camera required an update which I did. I then calibrated the compass and took the bird out and began my checks. Everything good, satellite links strong I fired the props and took off. I ran my battery down to about 38ish percent and toggled the RTB. It went to my set height and landed within a foot of the takeoff point. (10 MPH winds I imaging.) I then opted to review the footage and wait until.... well about now to install another battery and fly some more. :p Baby steps, but man this thing is truly EZ-mode to fly.

Thanks for the responses guys. So actually it seemed this drone was naked and was showing no current firmware at all! Now I am not sure how that is a thing, but the remote was completely updated and the bird and camera required an update which I did. I then calibrated the compass and took the bird out and began my checks. Everything good, satellite links strong I fired the props and took off. I ran my battery down to about 38ish percent and toggled the RTB. It went to my set height and landed within a foot of the takeoff point. (10 MPH winds I imaging.) I then opted to review the footage and wait until.... well about now to install another battery and fly some more. :p Baby steps, but man this thing is truly EZ-mode to fly.
One thing I want to mention, I was going to test without any update to the drone but as I did my initial compass calibration, the first rotation caused the landing gear to raise! I literally tried the remote to put them back down and no luck. I had to perform the calibration again and on the first rotation the gear went back down. This was the main reason I went ahead performed an update to the drone. After the update, I calibrated and the legs did not go up this time. Just thought I would share that.
Anyway, I am heading out get some more practice in and experiment with the camera. I'll report back once completed. Thanks again for the assistance folks.

Well mission complete for the day, although I want to mention a slight struggle I had. Me and the wife loaded up and went to the lake to get some air time and upon arrival when getting the drone ready for flight I began getting 'Geomagnetic interference and was prompted to re calibrate the compass... Well no matter how many times I tried this, I could not get it to pass the final position. I changed locations, still no luck. Finally after three different locations, I shut it down and headed home. Upon reaching home I jumped online. I seen horror stories and such, love the forum BTW, when I finally found some information on unbinding and rebinding the controller. Not sure if this did anything other than I was able to calibrate and finally spent the evening burning through my three batteries. I guess if the problem rears its ugly head again then maybe I have something malfunctioning with the compass?

If you are getting the geomagnetic interference on the ground it usually means you are near ferrous material or buried power lines. Unless you are getting the warning while airborne and the aircraft is acting squirrelly then you normally will not need to recalibrate the compass.

I am not sure if it truly matters, but I always face local magnetic north when doing the compass calibration. Do not have your phone or a smart watch on your person while doing the calibration. Rotate the aircraft holding the aircraft by the arms with the blinking lights in a steady smooth fashion. When the lights change to the next pair of arms hold them and continue rotating the aircraft. You should be able to complete all six positions in about 30 seconds. If you take too long the calibration will fail.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval