Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec versus DJI and Parrot drones

Reaction score
Based on your experience with the Yuneec drones, how do they compare against DJI Phantom 3/4 and Parrot Bebop drones? I bought mine because of the package deal as a DJI would cost twice as much with same accessories and case. Also found out that DJI accessories like batteries and props also cost more $ than Yuneec accessories.

Cool has anyone flown the big boy Yuneeq Tornado or DJI M900? I'm happy for now with my Yuneeq Q500 4K but eventually want a bigger badder commercial grade drone that can carry payloads.

I have a phantom 3 standard just for messing around its pretty cool alot of featutes. I love my H though

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I would keep my eye on Parrot. Parrot Bebop 2 is pretty good except for the camera performance and radio connectivity. The automation features are great. I hope Parrot buckles down for version 3 and addresses issues with Bebop 2.

I would keep my eye on Parrot. Parrot Bebop 2 is pretty good except for the camera performance and radio connectivity. The automation features are great. I hope Parrot buckles down for version 3 and addresses issues with Bebop 2.
A good camera and radio connectivity being good are the MAIN needs of any flying camera platform, so if those are not good on a specific sUAS, I definitely wouldn't classify it as good!;)

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
I have a Yuneec Q500+ and a Parrot Bebop 2. I love my Q500+ a lot, such a steady drone with a great camera, even though it's not a 4K. Just love everything about it.

That being said, I love my Parrot Bebop 2 as well. Though it's a smaller drone, it really is quite a powerful drone. With the Skycontroller, it can go 2km (about 1.3 miles). Though I've never gone that far, nor have I tried to, that is definitely further than I can push my Q500+. Also the Bebop 2 has great GPS, including Glonass. The camera is its only weak spot. Not horrible by any stretch of the imagination, just not up to par with my Q500+. There is a software upgrade that recently happened that apparently improved the camera quality, haven't upgraded mine yet. I've had no issues with the Bebop 2, and it has more autonomous abilities out of the box than even my Q500+.

Like Dewster said, I would not disregard the Bebop drone as a viable product. The Radio connectivity problems only exist if you fly by smart phone/tablet alone, using the Skycontroller, I have no issues. Also they've just released a new Skycontroller that isn't nearly as large as the one I have now, though I do enjoy using the one I have.

I think people make generalizations without even experiencing the product, or only read the complaints on message boards, and don't read the threads where people are happy. I hope I've informed a few of you people who really had no idea about the Bebop 2, it's one serious drone that is quite powerful and can do certain things my favorite drone can't do (such as waypoints and other autonomous things). They even have a bunch of apps for the Bebop 2. Really love that drone. Love the Q500+ as well.

I think DJI drones are awesome as well, haven't flown one yet, but I'm saving up for a Phantom 4.

Agree in fact my next drone will be the smaller DJI Phantom 4. Love the looks and small footprint plus can use my ipad/iphone with it. Just waiting for deal on one as they are expensive compared to what I paid for my Yuneec Q500.

I have a Yuneec Q500+ and a Parrot Bebop 2. I love my Q500+ a lot, such a steady drone with a great camera, even though it's not a 4K. Just love everything about it.

That being said, I love my Parrot Bebop 2 as well. Though it's a smaller drone, it really is quite a powerful drone. With the Skycontroller, it can go 2km (about 1.3 miles). Though I've never gone that far, nor have I tried to, that is definitely further than I can push my Q500+. Also the Bebop 2 has great GPS, including Glonass. The camera is its only weak spot. Not horrible by any stretch of the imagination, just not up to par with my Q500+. There is a software upgrade that recently happened that apparently improved the camera quality, haven't upgraded mine yet. I've had no issues with the Bebop 2, and it has more autonomous abilities out of the box than even my Q500+.

Like Dewster said, I would not disregard the Bebop drone as a viable product. The Radio connectivity problems only exist if you fly by smart phone/tablet alone, using the Skycontroller, I have no issues. Also they've just released a new Skycontroller that isn't nearly as large as the one I have now, though I do enjoy using the one I have.

I think people make generalizations without even experiencing the product, or only read the complaints on message boards, and don't read the threads where people are happy. I hope I've informed a few of you people who really had no idea about the Bebop 2, it's one serious drone that is quite powerful and can do certain things my favorite drone can't do (such as waypoints and other autonomous things). They even have a bunch of apps for the Bebop 2. Really love that drone. Love the Q500+ as well.

I think DJI drones are awesome as well, haven't flown one yet, but I'm saving up for a Phantom 4.
When I was mulling over which drone to go with,the Parrot Bebop 2 had just comeout, the Phantom 3 pro and the Horizon Hobby Chroma 4K were the big dogs. I had dropped the Phantom from my choice due to the Customer Service horror stories that were abundant on the forums. I liked the reviews of the bebop2 and at $400 was a very serious consideration. I researched several of my local hobby shops and found one within 15 miles that was the localhub of hlei/plane/quad activity. After visiting the shop and finding he was a Horizon Hobby dealer I was introduced tot he Chroma 4k. The only thing was the Chrtoma was somewhere around $300 more than the bebop2. Then I started figuring in the cost of the SkyController to get an equivalent control as the Chroma the choice was difficult again. The Chroma was a Yuneec product and the LHS dealer had just received shipment of Q500 4K's and had one left. It was the same price of the Chroma and had better reviews as the Chroma had quite a few fly away reports.
I went with the Q500 4K. I was very happy with the Q500 4K but wasw always concerned with the stability in high winds, which we have more days of than less here in New England. The Phantoms have the same issue from what I've read. I would think the Bebop2 does also since it is made from high impact foam it is quite light in weight.
I ended up selling my Q500 4K when the H came out and bought one of those. Havent looked back since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis