Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec wizard

Reaction score
Hi is the wizard any good? I've got the H and the st16 but no wizard is it worth £60?

I have used it a few times. This spring want to hook it to one of my RC planes and see how it goes.
While you have some of the same controls as the st-16, many times it takes button push combinations to use them.
You really need to master what does what before putting it into use.
I did have mine following me on a bicycle and the wizard, did pretty good job of keeping me in frame.
Can use the wizard with the ST-16 in team mode (ST-16 controls the camera)

I agree, you must master the Wizard to get full benefit and feel confident.

I rarely fly with the ST16 anymore since the majority of my flying is in follow. Follow is where the Wizard shines, for simple photography use the ST16.

Learning the various button presses, tilting the Wizard to control the H and reading the LED's takes time.

Remaining battery level, GPS link, watch vs follow, dynamic altitude are all available with the Wizard.

I place the ST16 on the seat and use it to control the camera and frame the shot. Otherwise I hold the Wizard and whip it around to control the H which would be impossible with the ST16 while driving.

If you're not willing to spend time with the Wizard and understand its operation I recommend against using it; however, if you do your diligence the Wizard is a very powerful tool for autonomous follow.

Hi is the wizard any good? I've got the H and the st16 but no wizard is it worth £60?
To me, the wizard is worth exactly nothing. I have one. It came with the aircraft when I bought it new on a pre-order received at the start of June 2016. I never took it out of the plastic bag so I've never used it and, as far as I can foresee, I'll never see a situation where I would use it.

All that said, there are those that regularly use the wizard and get loads of fun using them. To those, the £60.00 would be a bargain.

I suppose at the end of the day, whether one is worth the £60.00 would depend on the individual...to me they are worthless, to others they are well worth it.

(BTW. I'm not exactly sure where my wizard is now. If I were to have a look for it I'm sure I would find it somewhere. I'm just not inclined to take that look).

Reactions: ThunderChicken
I suppose at the end of the day, whether one is worth the £60.00 would depend on the individual...to me they are worthless, to others they are well worth it.

(BTW. I'm not exactly sure where my wizard is now. If I were to have a look for it I'm sure I would find it somewhere. I'm just not inclined to take that look).
Why not sell it here?

I've bought my typhoon second hand. Only got it yeaster day and really impressed with it so far. I was expecting the wizard but he didn't get it I original set up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements