Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

YUNSIM not working

Reaction score
I bought YUNSIM stick a couple of years ago, and used it with my ST10+ with out a single problem. I got a new to me H Pro and decided I wanted to fly the simulator first, to get used to the ST16 controller.
I couldn't get the ST16 to bind with the simulator, so I tried my ST10+, it won't bind either.
Is there something wrong with the stick, or is it the software.
I had to get a new computer last winter. I had a Toshiba with windows 8.1, now I have a Dell with windows 10. The Dell recognizes the stick.

I bought YUNSIM stick a couple of years ago, and used it with my ST10+ with out a single problem. I got a new to me H Pro and decided I wanted to fly the simulator first, to get used to the ST16 controller.
I couldn't get the ST16 to bind with the simulator, so I tried my ST10+, it won't bind either.
Is there something wrong with the stick, or is it the software.
I had to get a new computer last winter. I had a Toshiba with windows 8.1, now I have a Dell with windows 10. The Dell recognizes the stick.
It's doubtful that it is either that is the issue, most likely your PC has a corrupt file or something in the binding process. I have had it running on a windows 7 laptop since 2017 for the H without an issue.

Uninstall the software from your system and do a fresh install of it first, then try to bind again.

It's doubtful that it is either that is the issue, most likely your PC has a corrupt file or something in the binding process. I have had it running on a windows 7 laptop since 2017 for the H without an issue.

Uninstall the software from your system and do a fresh install of it first, then try to bind again.
Ok, I'll try that. Thanh you.

Check the binding instructions for the ST10+ and the ST16 found in this repository UAV Pilot.

I have been running v2.30.1 for two years without issue, but the binding procedure is not intuitive for the ST16. I do not recall having to load any Microsoft runtimes for the YUNSIM to work. The 2017 C++ redistributable runtime was needed for the Typhoon H GUI to work properly.

There is no need to "install" something for the YUNSIM. If all went good it will appear as a new USB device in "Human Interface Devices". If so, all is OK from PC side.
Restart UAV Pilot and follow excact the messages from UAV Pilot step by step. For example: Do not bring the ST16 to Binding mode before UAV Pilot says to do it.

br HE

Thanks for the tips guys. I have 3 usb ports on this machine, and I've tried all of them. The computer sees the stick in all of them. I will follow Doomister's link and see what happens.

I had not tried with an ST10+ that I acquired, but tested it just a few minutes ago. It bound and worked following the instructions in the pdf file for the UAV Pilot from Yuneec that is in the repository linked in my previous post.

I am using a Lenovo laptop running Win10 64bit OS. The dongle is connected through a USB 3.0 port. When you insert the dongle you will get notifications on the status. When you get the one that says it is setup, start the simulation and follow the instructions in the pdf.

There are separate instructions for binding the ST16.

Thanks for the tips guys. I have 3 usb ports on this machine, and I've tried all of them. The computer sees the stick in all of them. I will follow Doomister's link and see what happens.
Just make sure you create a new model for connecting to the sim in both controllers and switch to that model when using the sim.

Lastly be sure to press Start once you are bound to the dongle. I was wondering why “Big Red” would not arm the motors.

Just make sure you create a new model for connecting to the sim in both controllers and switch to that model when using the sim.

Lastly be sure to press Start once you are bound to the dongle. I was wondering why “Big Red” would not arm the motors.
Yes, i've already done that.

As I remember, the rabbit position of the slider has some importance...

Thanks for the help guys. I finally had success, with the ST16. Haven't tried the ST10+ yet. Probably not going to be fling the Q500 much any more.

=

Reactions: DoomMeister
Glad you are up and running!

Now for the next step, get the GUI and check the settings.
If you have a 64 bit version of Windows 10 the Visual C++ redistributable is in the downloads at YuneecSkins.com in the Typhoon H section, GUI. You will need to install it also.

In some conditions you can get antivirus alert related to this GUI. Also, at least on my PC's with 10, I can't manage it to start without additional questions am I sure and am I really sure.

Reflashing section works without battery inserted in the copter.

With USB connected and GUI started you can't power up the copter.

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval