Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Altitude max problem

Discussion in 'Q500 4K Help' started by John Zug, Dec 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. John Zug

Just a word to people that live above 8000ft. You have to get new firmware to let you fly your UAV. Customer service will help you through the installation. Also, you might want to purchase new props with a higher pitch angle. The best price by far is from carolinadronz.com Talk to Frank, the best customer service I've experienced anywhere! They also have prop guards on the way.

#1 John Zug, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    Painternz and Fleamac like this.
  2. Yuneec_Usa

Correct we do have an updated firmware that allows machine to be operated above 8,000'. If firmware is needed please call Yuneec Tech Support staff at 844-898-6332. We do recommend aeronauts when flying at higher altitudes. Yuneec is in the process of testing new props (more pitch) for high altitude users. Prop guards are definitely on the way.

BummDrumm likes this.
  3. Fleamac

Prop guards eh? Interesting. I'm wondering how much weight and windage they'll have.

4. Yuneec_Usa

We have had customers requesting prop guards. They will be optional accessory sold separately.

EDWARD SALOMON likes this.
  5. Fleamac

Sweet! Available spring? Summer?

6. Subtle Shots

Search for Yuneec prop guards on ebay...saw some listed being sold direct from china yesterday

7. Fireside

I called Yuneec but only got a voicemail yesterday...so I left a message to call me. Ijust got my new Q500 4K and can't fly it since I live at over 8,0000 ft. in Colorado. I tried starting it in Angle mode in Turtle mode and after initialization but it goes immediately into Emergency mode and then you get the 8,000 ft alert message and the motors won't start.

8. Fireside

As a side note my neighbor just got a new Blade Chroma. He lives at 10,000 ft. His bird fly's great...No issues at all.

9. John Zug

All you have to do is upload new firmware and Yuneec will guide you through like they did me. I requested they do that before I purchased because it says in the details of the Typhoon that was the ceiling setting and they said no problem. Once you fly this aircraft you will know that never would you consider buying a girly-boy Blade Chroma.

10. Fireside

John, so the firmware update is for the Q500 right? not the ST10+.

11. John Zug

Right...you plug the Typhoon in to your computer

12. el catso

Dear friends, I have the same problem, I live in Quito Ecuador, almost 9000 feet, I need a new firmware, Can you help me? I can't call because I don't speak english, Please help me.
    Thanks a lot
    Carlos Aguirre

13. Yuneec_Usa

Carlos I emailed you the updated firmware back on 12/16.

EDWARD SALOMON likes this.
  14. Chris K.

I also live in Colorado and have recently purchased 6 Q500 4K's, can you email me the firmware as well please?

15. Roland

Dang, Tim Terrones from Yuneec is all over these forums / Youtube / Amazon etc. You can tell that Yuneec customer service is really tracking inputs for their products, to improve on minor or major glitches. I am impressed. I have e-mailed Tim for some queries and he has responded promptly every time.

16. Yuneec_Usa

Just wanted to let you guys know we now have a v1.07 (previous v1.05) with altitude restriction removed for customers 8000' above sea level. Please feel free to email me for firmware.

17. Yuneec_Usa

Thank you Roland!

18. John Zug

Yuneec emailed me the correction on the firmware because I live and fly above 8000 feet. My question is : if I update my firmware at regular intervals, will I lose my ability to fly above 8000 feet or will that always stay imbedded?

19. Yuneec_Usa

You will lose the ability to fly above 8000'. You will need the latest firmware with max altitude removed.

20. Jeff Sallee

I'm the one who tested the new firmware last October of 2015. I live in Denver and took my Typhoon up to Echo Lake. (10,000ft.) I used the Aeronaut carbon fiber propellers and I was very satisfied with the 3 day's of testing.
    Just one word of caution...make sure you are in lateral flight on your desent. Coming straight down in the thinner atmosphere will stall your airflow over the blades. Also limit your flights to 10-12 minutes on a full charge.

dmsmoke261 likes this.