Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Charging Plug

Here is a pic for you. I'm putting these two batteries into storage mode until I get my camera back. I have 2 other batteries I will also put into storage mode when these are done.
You can see the frame of my 800mm Hexacopter I'm building also. It is going to be big with 13.5 inch props. Not sure what gimbal I'm putting on it yet. It will be controlled by a Pixhawk or Pixhawk 2 if they start shipping in time.

Attachments

• battery Connector.JPG
    battery Connector.JPG
    803.6 KB · Views: 71
Here is a pic for you. I'm putting these two batteries into storage mode until I get my camera back. I have 2 other batteries I will also put into storage mode when these are done.
You can see the frame of my 800mm Hexacopter I'm building also. It is going to be big with 13.5 inch props. Not sure what gimbal I'm putting on it yet. It will be controlled by a Pixhawk or Pixhawk 2 if they start shipping in time.
Pixhawk? My other love. You're The Man today, Brandon.:)

Maybe this could stop the people who have concerns about the banana plugs.

4.0mm Banana Safety Plug Kit (4pc) (US Warehouse)
77403_High.jpg

UPDATE

I made a small survey among the people from the 1st batch. And it seems that the post office has really some problems delivering the goods right on time.
Several orders that have been sent by economy still haven't arrived.
However two of those people reported back later (like Brandon) that they received the connectors just a few hours after they replied to my survey E-Mail.
So I think they are still on the way and may arrive any day now.

As a consequence I disabled the economy shipping option from my shop since all prders with priority shipping have arrived much much faster (up to 2 weeks faster).
I hope that the additional cost of 2$ for priority shipping should be manageable otherwise pls tell me I can still send you the order by economy but you need
to be prepared that it can take 30+ days to arrive.

Also to people from other batches who have chosen the economy shipping option it may take a bit longer so please be patient....

Once again sorry for the delay but as soon as I had it hower ti the post office I can't do anything.... Sorry
Andy

Reactions: Basicbill
I was in the first batch and didn't receive them on the 25th, I left for vacation so I'll let you know if they are in the garage mailbox once I get home. I did the standard shipping as I wasn't in a hurry for mine.

Last edited:
UPDATE

I made a small survey among the people from the 1st batch. And it seems that the post office has really some problems delivering the goods right on time.
However two of those people reported back later (like Brandon) that they received the connectors just a few hours after they replied to my survey E-Mail.

As a consequence I disabled the economy shipping option from my shop since all prders with priority shipping have arrived much much faster (up to 2 weeks faster).
I hope that the additional cost of 2$ for priority shipping should be manageable otherwise pls tell me I can still send you the order by economy but you need

Also to people from other batches who have chosen the economy shipping option it may take a bit longer so please be patient....

Once again sorry for the delay but as soon as I had it hower ti the post office I can't do anything.... Sorry
Andy
UPDATE

Andy

good job!
I need 2 pieces..
You may make xt60?
Here is south korea...
when can I get?
$32 total?
thanks!^^

pls go to my website and order from there so you will get the shipping cost etc.
www.quadcam.ch/shop

PS: no they have standard 4mm banana plugs if you need xt60 connectors just cut the banna plugs off and solder th xt60 to the cable...

Andy

Reactions: Hun il Lee
thx for the feedback that's good to know, so slowly they are arriving at the final destination!

Andy

For everyone waiting for their connectors I received an e-mail on July 28th that my order had been filled. I used the priority mail option and I live in Florida. They arrived in today's mail August 6th. It took 9 days. I am feeling very empowered now that I have received them. No pun intended. lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
For everyone waiting for their connectors I received an e-mail on July 28th that my order had been filled. I used the priority mail option and I live in Florida. They arrived in today's mail August 6th. It took 9 days. I am feeling very empowered now that I have received them. No pun intended. lol

Where did you order them from and how much per each?

CAUTION:
For those of you that bought the kits.
Andy's instructions are very good and complete. BUT before you glue things in place check to make sure it works correctly, I had one balance pin just a tenth of a millimeter lower that the other 2 and it would not work. I was able to pull it back up so that it was level with the others.
Good thing I checked before I took the JB Weld to it.

Thanks again Andy........ Well Done

CAUTION:
For those of you that bought the kits.
Andy's instructions are very good and complete. BUT before you glue things in place check to make sure it works correctly, I had one balance pin just a tenth of a millimeter lower that the other 2 and it would not work. I was able to pull it back up so that it was level with the others.
Good thing I checked before I took the JB Weld to it.

Thanks again Andy........ Well Done

Thanks Bob yes that's true testing the plug before glueing is important.

Andy

now you can order also a safety jack along with your battery connector that prevents the main lead of touching and shorting out.
Check out the product Page.

Typhoon H battery connector

safetyJackNew.png

Andy

I don't know if Andy ment to put an extra spring pin in the kits but I am glad he did.
I ordered 2 kits, first assembled ok (pins are a PITA to get pushed in). Second connector the spring pin nearest the ground connection would not show continuity. I managed to get it removed, it was well soldered, but intermittent connection. Took the extra pin from the package, resoldered the wire to it. Tested with my Fluke meter, and still no continuity?????
Pulled the pin back out, (damaged it in the process) but it showed continuity from the remaining part of the pin to my solder joint. Now very confused, took extra pin from first connector soldered it on, checked continuity from the pin to my solder joint, was ok. Reinserted pin, check continuity from pin to the balance plug, AGAIN no good??????
Had a beer, gave it much thought.......
Pulled the pin out of the balance connector, OMG crimped to the insulation totally missed the wire. Dab of solder on the pin, gave it a Fluke check, WOOHOO it works.
Grabbed a battery, plugged the connector on(made sure the main leads were taped out of the way. 4.2 volts each cell. Unplugged/replugged checked again, all is good

Moral of this story, if it does not work, check BOTH pins (battery and Balance)

Andy,
if putting an extra pin in the kits was a mistake, It was a good one for me THANK YOU.

I bought 2 of the assembled connectors. Have had them for a few days now. They are quality and do exactly what they are billed to do. They are such a game changer. Not only can I charge two batteries at once and faster on my own charger but using this connector I was able to construct a simple battery discharger as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge