Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Charging Plug

I don't know if Andy ment to put an extra spring pin in the kits but I am glad he did.
I ordered 2 kits, first assembled ok (pins are a PITA to get pushed in). Second connector the spring pin nearest the ground connection would not show continuity. I managed to get it removed, it was well soldered, but intermittent connection. Took the extra pin from the package, resoldered the wire to it. Tested with my Fluke meter, and still no continuity?????
Pulled the pin back out, (damaged it in the process) but it showed continuity from the remaining part of the pin to my solder joint. Now very confused, took extra pin from first connector soldered it on, checked continuity from the pin to my solder joint, was ok. Reinserted pin, check continuity from pin to the balance plug, AGAIN no good??????
Had a beer, gave it much thought.......
Pulled the pin out of the balance connector, OMG crimped to the insulation totally missed the wire. Dab of solder on the pin, gave it a Fluke check, WOOHOO it works.
Grabbed a battery, plugged the connector on(made sure the main leads were taped out of the way. 4.2 volts each cell. Unplugged/replugged checked again, all is good

Moral of this story, if it does not work, check BOTH pins (battery and Balance)

Andy,
if putting an extra pin in the kits was a mistake, It was a good one for me THANK YOU.

Glad you sorted it out!
The fist batch got one pin extra but due to massive price increase form the company who is producing the pins I had to stop giving away a 4th pin for free...

I bought 2 of the assembled connectors. Have had them for a few days now. They are quality and do exactly what they are billed to do. They are such a game changer. Not only can I charge two batteries at once and faster on my own charger but using this connector I was able to construct a simple battery discharger as well.

Thx and nice to hear from people that they like the adapter!

Andy

Hi, I just placed an order for two of the adapters. I also see they are on back order, but I don't mind waiting since several others here on the forum have already gotten theirs and seem very happy with the product. I have a Hitek X4 AC charger and this adapter should work just fine with it.
Thanks for creating such a handy device!

Just got mine in Texas from First Batch. Economy Post. 1 Calendar month. These are so nice. Work very well. . Worth the wait. And I see that Andy is going to use faster shipping only. Kudos! See pics.
IMG_3739.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3740.JPG
    IMG_3740.JPG
    499.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Hi Andy,
Can you sell me some more pins?
I wrecked some because the holes were a little tight.
I got a 2.5mm drill bit and reamed them out.
Now they fit tight and I can get them in without wrecking them.
I will know tomorrow evening how many I need.

Hi, I just placed an order for two of the adapters. I also see they are on back order, but I don't mind waiting since several others here on the forum have already gotten theirs and seem very happy with the product. I have a Hitek X4 AC charger and this adapter should work just fine with it.
Thanks for creating such a handy device!

Thx a lot for your order and yes you won't be disappointed :)

Hi Andy,
Can you sell me some more pins?
I wrecked some because the holes were a little tight.
I got a 2.5mm drill bit and reamed them out.
Now they fit tight and I can get them in without wrecking them.
I will know tomorrow evening how many I need.

Just write me a PM or via the contact form of the webpage.

Andy

That's will not a bad idea if you put always some extra pins for this reason; even if the price grow up a little bit!
Yes, the holes were a little too tight but you product is fantastic! :)

thx Nisouck. In the first batch I did add an extra pin but it became too expensive since the pins now cost 3x more than when I bought it for the first batch.
And they are not cheap but very high Quality and they will last a very long time.

Andy

andy ...

what size hole do you recommend to make the assembly go smoothly

anthony

hy anthony
Actually they are already prepared... I drilled all of them with a 2.3mm drill since the pin is 2.31mm in diameter.
For me it works great that way (had already build many many many connectors)....

Andy

hy anthony
Actually they are already prepared... I drilled all of them with a 2.3mm drill since the pin is 2.31mm in diameter.
For me it works great that way (had already build many many many connectors)....

Andy
ok thanks .... mine still haven't arrived from the 3rd batch and as im in the UK I would have thought they would be here by now

is this the order #608? Since it is shipped with economy it is still on time as I wrote you in the E-Mail

Andy

is this the order #608? Since it is shipped with economy it is still on time as I wrote you in the E-Mail

Andy

yes 608 how long should it take?

5-9 working days so it should arrive between the 5th and 11th August maybe a little bit later since the 1. August was a national day here in Switzerland

Andy

5-9 working days so it should arrive between the 5th and 11th August maybe a little bit later since the 1. August was a national day here in Switzerland

Andy
thanks

now you can order also a safety jack along with your battery connector that prevents the main lead of touching and shorting out.
Check out the product Page.

Typhoon H battery connector

safetyJackNew.png

Andy
Hi @all,
I have to even filmed a short video, which the plug shows a closer and what that looks like.
For you with self-written subtitle!

greeting

Hello everyone, got my lot "kit version of " Today in France , with an expedition July 28 : 14-day trip ! I still have to assemble with all the detailed instructions with photos ... and 2 batteries charged simultaneously in 1 hour ! Thank you to Andy for work.

Yes, all the wires are provided. Warning to weld the wires well in the axis of 3 small connectors for introduce easily in the 2.3 mm holes (I used the tip of a ballpoint pen after removing the ink cartridge !). First test photo, ok .

Attachments

• Kit-QuadCam.jpg
    Kit-QuadCam.jpg
    666.5 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: raptorheli2
Hy Jacques

thx for the feedback. And yes that is a great idea with the ballpoint pen and should be available for everyone!

Andy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge