Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Update - Typhoon H

Reactions: Euphered
When I first got my H, I got about 15 to 20 minutes with video for a short time then the OEM batteries crapped out. I bought 2 replacement ones that were aftermarket from a Canadian site. My first 3 or 4 flights with the new ones, I got just under 30 minutes on each battery. Now they give me 14 to 19ish minutes with them. Could a person get 30 all of the time, I don't think one could, but having had it happen with mine, I believe that for a short time they could. Why?......I have no idea, but they did. Would I buy the same brand again?......yes. Does this mean all Cameron Sino will give the same result?....not sure, but when the time comes to get more I will be.

Cameron Sino 6300mAh/93.24Wh CS-YEC480RX Li-Po 4S1P 14.8V

Where I bought mine.... Yuneec, Typhoon H, H480 replacement battery

In the US..... US $86.0 14% OFF|Aliexpress.com : Buy Cameron Sino 6300mAh Battery for YUNEEC H480, Typhoon H from Reliable Digital Batteries suppliers on ChunChenXing-2 Store

Reactions: Steve Carr
HA Ha, ?when you go to their website, they have pics of the battery and then their disclaimers,

To buyer:

WELCOME !!!

Pls feel free to contact the seller online to confirm whether have inventory. Since we are factory sell directly and also have several real stores in China, all the items are sold out very fast. So pls talk to seller first for more information about goods and shipment. Thank you.

If you want to purchase a batch of goods, pls contact us to get the wholesale price or FOB price.

NOTICE FOR PURCHASE

1. There will be a little hair shed for new fur products, which is mainly caused by cutting and splicing during the processing. It is not a quality problem because any natural fur products all have this phenomenon. (what is this made of?)

2. Due to some lighting problem there might be a slight color difference to certain products. Fur of different batches may also cause slight color differences
3. Our fur products are mostly handmade so a slight difference in measurements is inevitable. LOL:eek:

Yeah we all questioned 20 minutes the other day, 24 seemed downright miraculous - it's like flight time auctions round here at the moment :) I can't be buying 30 either, unless you took the camera off maybe - then it might be just possible... though if you did rinse batteries like that no wonder they are screwy now ! Or perhaps he means 30 mins from power on to power off, which could include 10 mins on the ground for all we know...
Don't forget a Martian minute is shorter!

Reactions: FlushVision
Yeah we all questioned 20 minutes the other day, 24 seemed downright miraculous - it's like flight time auctions round here at the moment :) I can't be buying 30 either, unless you took the camera off maybe - then it might be just possible... though if you did rinse batteries like that no wonder they are screwy now ! Or perhaps he means 30 mins from power on to power off, which could include 10 mins on the ground for all we know...
Yes. Only way anyone will get 30 minutes in the air is without a camera on board. But even then I would be a little skeptical.

I note @Murray Martz above post. There are always exceptions to what we experienced pilots expect from out batteries. But the OP was claiming that he regularly got 25 to 30 minutes in the air even in less than optimal flying conditions...not just a one-off fluke.

Last edited:
The only time I consistently got 25 minutes was on the bebop2 but, well um, there were other problems.

The only time I consistently got 25 minutes was on the bebop2 but, well um, there were other problems.
Have we seen any proof what-so-ever that someone has been in the air for 20min or more with cam loaded? Why talk about 20min, 23min..25min when there is no proof!!
Show the telemetry or....?

Have we seen any proof what-so-ever that someone has been in the air for 20min or more with cam loaded? Why talk about 20min, 23min..25min when there is no proof!!
If you go back and read my post in the thread about it, you will see it can be done, but it is not something that you have control over.

It’s possible to obtain around 20 minutes of flight from every battery but to do so would likely require flying the battery down to emergency landing voltage levels. The cost of constantly buying new batteries due to deep discharge damage would make that a pretty expensive way to maximize flight time.

@Fred Garvin posted telemetry for a 24 minute flight in another thread the other day. I'm not clear, though, if it was with a camera.

Yeah, I’ve never flown without it. Let me look back and see if I saved anything from that flight.

Okay, I didn’t keep anything from that flight, but I did do a hail damage inspection of the light towers for the city an hour or so later. I know it doesn’t absolutely prove the camera was on the aircraft during the long flight, just that I was imaging that day. I’ve never flown without the camera. I tried exporting a couple images but the metadata shows today as the creation date, so here’s a screen grab of the folder in Lightroom. Best I can do guys.

Okay, I didn’t keep anything from that flight, but I did do a hail damage inspection of the light towers for the city an hour or so later. I know it doesn’t absolutely prove the camera was on the aircraft during the long flight, just that I was imaging that day. I’ve never flown without the camera. I tried exporting a couple images but the metadata shows today as the creation date, so here’s a screen grab of the folder in Lightroom. Best I can do guys.

View attachment 16886
I respect you, Fred. If you say you had a camera on it then I believe it.

For the record, I've never flown without a camera either, but if someone is doing some testing after a firmware update, say, than flying without the camera would be a good call.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Yeah, I’ve never flown without it. Let me look back and see if I saved anything from that flight.
Do you have an external hard drive? I have all my historical footage/images/edits archived on an external hard drive. However, if you are gonna archive all your stuff you do need quite a big hard drive:eek:

Several. 8Tb units. 1 data drive direct attached to my iMac, and 2 attached to the router. 1 is a network backup drive for the iMac, MacBook Pro, and anything else in the house....and 1 as a NAS drive that any device in the house can use. Plus I have a 1Tb iCloud account and a 1Tb Creative Cloud account.

• Wow
Reactions: AH-1G
Several. 8Tb units. 1 data drive direct attached to my iMac, and 2 attached to the router. 1 is a network backup drive for the iMac, MacBook Pro, and anything else in the house....and 1 as a NAS drive that any device in the house can use. Plus I have a 1Tb iCloud account and a 1Tb Creative Cloud account.
That'd do it:)

Aren't you afraid of the photos in the cloud getting into the wrong hands? I would ?

Aren't you afraid of the photos in the cloud getting into the wrong hands? I would ?

No. To what end? I don’t have any images that would be considered “sensitive”.....plus, what could I do about it anyway? Copyright law is just not in my favor right now. Nothing I can do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vbd777