Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best 4k video editing software

You may also want to look into BlackMagic's DaVinci Resolve. It's used my many professional studios and they have a free version (OSX and Windows) that meets most of our needs.

Look very hard at what Resolve requires to run properly. Few laptops can do it.

I'm pretty fluent in Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator and inDesign but have no experience with After Effects, would you happen to know of any good resources, videos perhaps, that do a good job explaining everything I'd need for animating logos?

I taught myself Premiere and After Effects so I could do Video effects work for my Indy stuff. From using green screen and adding 3D objects into scenes to simple bullet holes and muzzle flashes as well as tracking etc..

I highly recommend Lynda.com, they have tons of fantastic tutorials on there teaching you all of that including how to 2D animation and logo's etc...

Last edited:
We use RecoveryTool Video Editor. Very easy interface, audio submix
get it on subscription or use a demo. It's one of the best video editor.

sounds like this is what you need to be honest.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're selling something... despite the website implying that it is free, it is a free trial. Nothing wrong in being paid for your efforts... but transparency will serve you better.

Sounds like you're selling something... despite the website implying that it is free, it is a free trial. Nothing wrong in being paid for your efforts... but transparency will serve you better.
I agree. First post pushing a video editor that, frankly, I've never heard of before today. If the editor is as good as NikkiBella claims, then why have I not heard of it before?

Reactions: Mike Irish
Yup, bait and switch o_O

Shameless topic bump nearly a year after the last post.
My current video editing software, AVS says it works with 4K but it doesn't, so it has to go.
I'm old and foolish so I want something not horribly complex to use and ideally not expensive. I do a bit of editing of gaming footage and family stuff shot on posh 'phones.
I'm currently looking at DaVinci Resolve Free version. Is that still the boss?

Last edited:
Drone Film Guide likes Filmora9 and his 20 minute tutorial is quite nice. Its functionality is slightly above AVS which I'm well used to and it looks like it would be familiar to me, but I'm wary about using something that I've never heard of on the say-so of a YouTuber who makes a living from his videos. Any of us have any experience with Filmora 9?

Shameless topic bump nearly a year after the last post.
My current video editing software, AVS says it works with 4K but it doesn't, so it has to go.
I'm old and foolish so I want something not horribly complex to use and ideally not expensive. I do a bit of editing of gaming footage and family stuff shot on posh 'phones.
I'm currently looking at DaVinci Resolve Free version. Is that still the boss?
Like you, I'm old and foolish too. My ideal solution, then, was Filmora. Not expensive and no steep learning curve. Admittedly not the best one out there but good enough to produce some good results. [OFFICIAL]Filmora Wondershare Video Editor(Win&Mac) | Download Video Editing Software

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital