Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

BEST WAY TO STORE BREEZE BATTERIES for three months.

Reaction score

Hi all

When I bought the Breeze I also bought two extra batteries and all is well for now. However I will be unable to fly her again for those three months, so I am wondering what is the best way to store them until I need them again. I have read some ideas about this but I would like to see the opinions of those on here who have had good experience with battery storage.
Thanks in advance
D

Hello Drew,
Being an all electric fixed wing pilot the first question I asked of customer support was what is the long term storage charge on the batteries and the tech said to run them down to 45%. That actually sounds about right but the catch is if you fly the battery down to 45% and shut the Breeze off, then put the battery back in a couple of hours later the battery has recovered to between 60% and 70% so your guess is as good as mine on this thing. The only thing I can tell you is that if you let the batteries at full charge it will seriously effect their lifespan and endurance. Hope this helped.

Old Man Photographer

HI Old Man Photographer. Many thanks, it did, I will do just that, and even if it doen't work the battereies are not too expensive to replace.
D.

So if Im not going to fly for 1 month. I need to discharge it to 40%?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Hello jcarloacsay,
The only thing I can tell you is what a tech from Thunderpower Batteries (the oldest and probably best maker of Li-poly batteries if you can afford them) told me that after a week of full charge the batteries begin to degrade. Now that being said I don't think a month will hurt the battery to the extent that you would notice, besides if you get three years out of a Li-poly you are beating the odds. Although I do think any longer than a month would definitely be pushing the envelope. If you really want to get confused follow this link to RC Groups on the internet, join and go to their battery section. RC Groups has literally tens of thousands of members and the battery forum is never ending but there are some very fine threads on the care and dangers of Li-poly batteries.

Old Man Photographer

Reactions: jcarloacsay
Hello Toedan,
The batteries for the Breeze are particular to the Breeze and the only ballgame in town as far as I know. That being said they last for about 12 minutes each and if you think about the purpose and limitations of the Breeze that is pretty realistic with two batteries equaling 24 minutes flying time. The weak part to me is the there is no 12 volt adapter included which means you are tied to house power unless you have an inverter that is sized for the draw of the Breeze charger which I have not tested yet but will someday. If you do use an inverter make sure it is big enough to handle the load when the batteries are in a low condition or you could be asking for trouble.

Old Man Photographer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy