Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. alsey7

So until Yuneec is able to fix the firmware issue that causes alot short range signal i said WTF scotty i need more Power IMG_7649.JPG IMG_7649.JPG

2. Wileytrigger21

Why did you boost the 2.4 receiver?

3. alsey7

Because after Yuneec last firmware update my range dropped. This issue has been reported by alot of people and also Yuneec is aware of the Problem

4. Wileytrigger21

But shouldn't you boost the transmitter? Just asking.

5. alsey7

the transmitter isnt the issue its the board on the H...... but in any case i do plan on boosting the st16 with another booster. waiting for it to get here. its going to be difficult to install the booster inside the st16, but its possible

6. Markinter

Punch it Scotty!!!!

7. Dragonflyerthom

So what will happen when you get a new firmware update?

8. bayport

What is your range right now with the mod?

9. Marnix Verschraegen

What about the VLOS situation.
    In several countries it is not allowed to boost the TX/RX and also you need to keep your bird in VLOS always (stated by the LAW)

Marnix

10. KBflyer

They might be laws in your home country but the FAA has only guild lines to follow. And now if you belong to the AMA in the States the 400 foot limit has been lifted by the FAA. Maybe he wants to fly to the moon.
    Academy of Model Aeronautics - Government Relations

11. PatR

One little problem with the article is that nowhere does the FAA state that one must be an AMA member to take advantage of the rule exceptions, only that one adheres to the safety standards of a CBO. The AMA has not been specifically named as the governing CBO, although it would bode well if using AMA operational guidelines for our flying. You can do that for free and not pay the AMA $75.00/year.

From the linked article:

"There has been confusion among our members as to whether operations above 400 feet are permitted by the FAA. AMA has remained steadfast that the Special Rule for Model Aircraft (Section 336 of the 2012 FAA Modernization and Reform Act) permits operations above 400 feet if conducted within our safety program requiring the pilot to be an AMA member, to avoid and not interfere with manned aircraft, and to keep the model in visual line of sight of the pilot/observer. It should be noted that the AMA Safety Code requires model aircraft to remain below 400 feet above the ground when within 3 miles of an airport unless there is an agreement with the airport that allows models to safely go higher."

12. alsey7

we have gotten offtopic only reason i boosted the Bird is to get my advertised range of 1 mile which Yuneec said the H can do. Ive tried everywhere a clear RF zone etc etc. before the firmware update i had great range now the most i can get is 3,000 max range. Yuneec must fix this or dare i say Class action lawsuit

13. Batfire

Ah I have to inject here, forget any FCC/FAA/etc issues, I am looking at the installation. 1st thing i notice is GPS interference issues with placement. 2nd heating issues from a 2watt unit sitting in and enclosed area like that. Have you actually test flown this and if so I would just do some hovering for a time before venturing anywhere. I would check heating before and after unit turned on with meter. Then I would see how its going to interfere with the GPS Compass. I have to say I do not like placement for that. Not to cut your excellent work down but ................great idea just not placement

Cheers

Batfire

I know I will most like get pounded on this post..........

14. alsey7

LOL dont worry about after several flights there is no GPS or Compass issues also there is no heating issue

15. alsey7

here is a test flight

16. Batfire

Outstanding job then. If tested and no change in stability and no heating issues then you have a winner there. I might have to look into that myself....

Cheers

Wayne

17. SkyDoctor

How about battery and flight time with this setup? Got my answer from the youtube video. No adverse affect on flight time.

18. SkyDoctor

Where did you get that little wifi amp?

19. alsey7

for the H setup i tapped into the H lipo and used a UBEC to stepdown voltage to 5volts also used hobbyking 2w wifi booster
    2.4GHz 2 Watt Signal Amplifier for DJI Phantom 1 & 2 (White)
    bec.jpg

SkyDoctor likes this.
  20. alsey7

i will get a complete parts list in morning

g2em3 likes this.