Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Cam Clone (App)

Reaction score
Hello friends, the purpose of this topic is to discuss the modifications in the Breeze Cam Clone App.

I edited the original Apk file and made some modifications.

ALERT: this is unofficial software and not recommended by Yuneec .. Modified by me and for testing purposes only. Be careful and responsive during use and testing. I am not responsible for accidents or misuse of this modified software. But I can assure you that no critical changes have been made, just data that does not change the logic and operation of the application.
Now it is possible to have two applications installed at the same time, the original (unmodified) and the clone (with modifications).

Besides the possibility of being able to change, speed, height limit and distance (Geofence). Now there's something new, the application is a clone of the original, that means you can keep both installed (Original and clone), without needing to uninstall the original. So you can test the clone whenever you want and use the original in situations that need to fly more safely.

History of modifications:

- Now the distance of the modes (Orbit, Journey and Follow) can be set 4mt (13,1ft) to 40mt (131,2ft), previously 4mt (13,1ft) to 20mt (65,6ft).

- Now the Height of the take off can be set up to 4mt (13,5ft) (previously it was up to 2mt (6,6ft).

- Now the maximum speed of the Breeze can be set up to 10mt (32,8ft) / second (previously 5mt (16,4ft)/ second).

- Now the Height of Return Home can be set up to 60mt (196,9ft) (previously 30mt (98,4ft).

- Now the maximum height of the Breeze can be adjusted up to 500mt (1640,4ft) (previously 80mt (262,5ft).

- Now the maximum distance of the Breeze can be adjusted up to 600mt (1989,2ft) (previously 100mt (328,1ft).

- The icon of the cloned application is red and the original application icon is blue.

- Both (original and clone) can be installed on the same device.

Breeze Cam Clone 1.4.7.3
LINK: Breeze_cam_Clone_1.4.7.3.apk

Attachments

• breezecam_clone.jpg
    breezecam_clone.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_2019-04-18-11-15-34.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-18-11-15-34.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Ok I thought it was available in the app store. Sounds pretty cool though. Let you get a little more use of the breeze. It is a great little drone for the cost. But the downfall is the limited flying height and distance. But maybe yuneec will fix the original app someday. Thanks

Ok I thought it was available in the app store. Sounds pretty cool though. Let you get a little more use of the breeze. It is a great little drone for the cost. But the downfall is the limited flying height and distance. But maybe yuneec will fix the original app someday. Thanks

The likelihood of Yuneec doing anymore improvements on the Breeze Cam app are extremely slight. They haven’t made any updates in two years and newer OS’s for Android and iOS are having trouble with certain functions in the app.

@dsduarte02 and @wesleybp have modded the app to make the Breeze less limited in function. It is NOT available on Google Play Store and is not available in the iOS version of the app. You have to give Android specific permission to load this app.

WARNING: YuneecPilots does not recommend using any program or firmware that is not officially released by Yuneec with your Yuneec product.

We allow such information to exist on the site for the purpose of experimentation in the hobby and strongly urge anyone using modified software/firmware to use extra caution while flying with it.

Considerations: Be very careful when using both applications (original and clone at the same time). Whenever you are using one of the versions and start using the other, you have enough attention because the changed data are recorded in the drone and when switching between the versions of application this data can be inconstant, it is even highly recommended to make a new compass calibration when changing the application versions.

Recommended: Use a single version of the application (original or clone), and keep using only one version, avoid using both versions at the same time. Because the changed data may become unsteady and generate strange operation in the Breeze.

Hi,

great work on the App! Especialy the speed increasement! I have some questions regarding the App:

1. May I ask how you modifed the app and what tools you used? Did you fully decompile to smali and recompile/sign?
2. I also found a strange behaviour. When entering the Controller Mode the App crashes with the message ... @_@ ... at the bottom of the screen.
3. Do you think distance of the journey mode could be increased? Right now "only" the center values are changed.
4. Were you able to understand how the communication with the breeze works by taking a look at the source? I was wondering how much control the app has and how much is done in the firmware.

THX and keep up the good work

2. I also found a strange behaviour. When entering the Controller Mode the App crashes with the message ... @_@ ... at the bottom of the screen.

I am not one of the authors that worked on the app mod, but that is odd for the Controller mode. That is the mode I used to fly using my Fire 7 tablet.

That is usually a video problem with Android when you see the @_@. Are you waiting to connect the controller until you are in the Controller task mode?

Yesterday I tested the newest (red) version of the clone app. I had installed both the red and the blue OEM version. The clone app did not work, the OEM app worked.

Today I tested again, after removing the OEM app and reinstalling the first modded app (not the red version), and it worked OK again.

Are more users having the same problems?

I tested the app this afternoon again (the blue clone) in an area with no disturbance of any kind. I did not expect however that I would reach the new geofence of over 600 meters !!!!

I recorded the attempt:

Enjoy! ;)

Last edited:
Are you waiting to connect the controller until you are in the Controller task mode?

Hey,

it comes up right when i try to enter the controller mode. It doesen't even show the slider. I will try to reinstall and delete Data and see if it helps.

I'd really love to know how he did it. I decompiled the app and found some interesting stuff. There seem to be remains of a waypoint mode. Also i did a packet capture oon the communication which was interesting. Couldn't make much sense of it as of now. I connected the Laptop to the Drone and used wireshark to capture and the NOX emulator to control. I will write up a summary when I find the time on a seperate thread.

Hi,

great work on the App! Especialy the speed increasement! I have some questions regarding the App:

THX and keep up the good work

Hi, I am getting problem no 2 as well, with the red clone. So I'll try going back to the original clone as well.

Reactions: SnitserNL
Considerations: Be very careful when using both applications (original and clone at the same time). Whenever you are using one of the versions and start using the other, you have enough attention because the changed data are recorded in the drone and when switching between the versions of application this data can be inconstant, it is even highly recommended to make a new compass calibration when changing the application versions.

Recommended: Use a single version of the application (original or clone), and keep using only one version, avoid using both versions at the same time. Because the changed data may become unsteady and generate strange operation in the Breeze.

Will there be in the future a 1.4.7.4 version without the controller @_@ crash problem?
The blue Breezecam clone version 1.4.7.2 works well; is it possible to create an upgraded version of the red Breezecam clone 1.4.7.3?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: robbie2
Will there be in the future a 1.4.7.4 version without the controller @_@ crash problem?
The blue Breezecam clone version 1.4.7.2 works well; is it possible to create an upgraded version of the red Breezecam clone 1.4.7.3?

Thanks in advance!

I managed to solve the controller @_@ crash problem myself.
I created a 1.4.7.4 version with a GREEN Breezecam icon.
You will find it here:

Ok so I downloaded the green file but when I go to install it it said not installed. What am I doing wrong?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig