Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CCC editor online - Version 1.7C

This is so cool!

I am a a surveyor and wish to fly a "lawnmower" pattern across a piece of property and take photos at pre determined intervals. Using your fine "app" I have succeeded in setting up and flying such pattern with relative ease,

I read earlier that setting the camera to take a pic at predetermined intervals was not possible unless yuneec released control of something (I didn't understand so I can't explain very well) but I get that camera control is limited.

I am fine with manually taking the photos (1 Mississippi, snap, 2 Mississippi, snap, etc, lol) but I am having trouble keeping the camera pointing down,

Any direction on what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated!

Great isn't it!:)
Fly the CCC and record the waypoints as shown in the Yuneec video and the H will record the camera yaw (yam) and tilt and use these when flown to follow your recorded CCC.
Or you can set your camera angle in Eric's app using the yam and tilt settings and if you put the Pan mode switch in the centre or up positions, the H will control the camera. If you have the Pan switch down, in the G setting, then you can steer the camera using the right stick while the H flies the CCC autonomously.
HTH:).

This is so cool!

I am a a surveyor and wish to fly a "lawnmower" pattern across a piece of property and take photos at pre determined intervals. Using your fine "app" I have succeeded in setting up and flying such pattern with relative ease,

I read earlier that setting the camera to take a pic at predetermined intervals was not possible unless yuneec released control of something (I didn't understand so I can't explain very well) but I get that camera control is limited.

I am fine with manually taking the photos (1 Mississippi, snap, 2 Mississippi, snap, etc, lol) but I am having trouble keeping the camera pointing down,

Any direction on what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you @Graham, as I was posting my last, you were posting that awesome video which I immediately watched and ran out to try in "Global" mode.

Worked like a charm, flew the whole mission resulting in 81 pic's.

Unfortunately, I was so excited to give my new info a try, I forgot to check the settings on the camera resulting in 81 8MP images instead of 81 12MP images:mad:

To top it off I used the remaining battery up practicing taking video of a small radio tower.

I found out about my error as I was uploading the pics to Maps Made Easy - Home, and I got a notification stating that my images were not high enough quality to achieve adequate results.

If you're a surveyor and are exploring options to process images, I highly recommend these folks, they work off a point system so you only pay based on the job size, you get an allotted amount of points each month for free. So far, I haven't done enough to use up my free points.;)

I was flying a CCC recently and had used Eric's app to set up parallel flight lines as part of a survey. I found that as the H neared the turning waypoints it left the straight path that I had intended and began to curve round the waypoints. There seem to be two ways round this, either extend the flight line beyond the survey line or put in intermediate waypoints between the turning points. The first wouldn't be practical as I'd be flying over a golf course w/o permission, so I'll try the latter.
This was taken using Tuna's excellent app.Screenshot_0005.png

@Graham If the turn is sharp enough, the Typhoon will simply reverse direction when it reaches a waypoint. If the turn is larger, it will 'swing through' the waypoint (the 'Curved' part of curved cable cam). It does not fly a straight line between each waypoint, but tries to follow a smooth path.

It's important to understand this because the Typhoon can fly significantly outside a programmed route. If you have four waypoints in a square, the H will fly a circle.

@Graham If the turn is sharp enough, the Typhoon will simply reverse direction when it reaches a waypoint. If the turn is larger, it will 'swing through' the waypoint (the 'Curved' part of curved cable cam). It does not fly a straight line between each waypoint, but tries to follow a smooth path.

It's important to understand this because the Typhoon can fly significantly outside a programmed route. If you have four waypoints in a square, the H will fly a circle.
Then it will probably be easier to design a survey route with point turns, have the camera yam locked and the camera pointing straight down. Thank You! :)

Ok here is my question for the day.
With google maps you can download and cashe maps to the SD card in the ST-16. It is only the maps and not satellite views. Anyway is there a way to save this web app local and run it when you do not have internet connection and use the local map files?
I would like to be able to make CCC routes while on location with now internet connection. Maybe it already does it but I do not know how.

As Eric's programme is on-line and not installed on the ST16, I dont think its possible to do this. If there was an app installed on the ST16, it l think it should be possible. Things to come, perhaps?
Its probably better to fly and store the CCC if you can.
Eric has pointed out, using his programme to make CCC when you're not familiar with the site has pitfalls. I did one online and when I got to the site, found there were power and phone lines all over the place. These were not apparent from the sat photos.HTH:)

- 1. were you able to create a CCC by using the "normal way"
- 2. were you able to save this CCC and play it again ?
- 3. if 1 and 2, were you able to view the file created with the editor in the list of CCC on your St16 ?

Eric,
J'adore l'éditeur et je me demande s'il est possible de créer un pano automatique.
Les difficultés:
- Déclencher la prise d'une photo
- Faire une pause entre WP de +/- 5 sec pour prendre la photo
La réalisation:
On empile 19 WP:
1° groupe 6 WP avec Cam 0° et yaw de 60°. Entre chaque WP pause de 5 sec et prise photo
2° groupe 6 WP avec Cam -30° et yaw de 60°. Entre chaque WP pause de 5 sec et prise photo
3° groupe 6 WP avec Cam -60° et yaw de 60°. Entre chaque WP pause de 5 sec et prise photo
4° 1 WP avec Cam -90° pause de 5 Sec et prise photo.

Ma question connais-tu les commandes de prise photo et de pause entre WP?

Sorry for the french; too difficult to explain that in english.

Outstanding! Thank you so much!

Eric,
J'adore l'éditeur et je me demande s'il est possible de créer un pano automatique.
Les difficultés:
- Déclencher la prise d'une photo
- Faire une pause entre WP de +/- 5 sec pour prendre la photo
La réalisation:
On empile 19 WP:
1° groupe 6 WP avec Cam 0° et yaw de 60°. Entre chaque WP pause de 5 sec et prise photo
2° groupe 6 WP avec Cam -30° et yaw de 60°. Entre chaque WP pause de 5 sec et prise photo
3° groupe 6 WP avec Cam -60° et yaw de 60°. Entre chaque WP pause de 5 sec et prise photo
4° 1 WP avec Cam -90° pause de 5 Sec et prise photo.

Ma question connais-tu les commandes de prise photo et de pause entre WP?

Sorry for the french; too difficult to explain that in english.
Hahaha t'inquietes pas pour le français ! ALors malheureusement je n'ai aucun contrôle sur le déclenchement des photos.
En revanche, il me semble que pendant le CCC on peux faire une pause mais là je ne peux pas en dire plus car mon H n'est toujours pas revenu du SAV yuneec (ben oui 5 semaines quand même)

So, it's possible to make a pause during CCC flights but, unhappyly this pause is not recorded into the saved file ......... :(

So my CCC question is this: Once I've set way points from A to Z, the editor starts over again with A...not A1, not lower case a, not 1-2-3, just begins repeating at A. And yes, I have the need with my mission to use A-Z before someone asks

So, how is the H to know which is which... or the author editing the mission, for that matter. Anyone tried this beyond Z?

So my CCC question is this: Once I've set way points from A to Z, the editor starts over again with A...not A1, not lower case a, not 1-2-3, just begins repeating at A. And yes, I have the need with my mission to use A-Z before someone asks

So, how is the H to know which is which... or the author editing the mission, for that matter. Anyone tried this beyond Z?
Sounds like a bug needs squashing...Eric will get it fixed.

Don't worry, it's a "half bug" !
Yes it's true after Z, the counter starts again from A, but the H knows wich is wich (it simply follows the waypoints as they come). The letters are just for the user.
The real thing is : I don't know how many waypoints the H is able to support.
At this time, i'm still waiting my H go come back from yuneec germany (5 weeks... yeah !), then I will continue to fix and improve the CCC editor.

Don't worry, it's a "half bug" !
Yes it's true after Z, the counter starts again from A, but the H knows wich is wich (it simply follows the waypoints as they come). The letters are just for the user.
The real thing is : I don't know how many waypoints the H is able to support.
At this time, i'm still waiting my H go come back from yuneec germany (5 weeks... yeah !), then I will continue to fix and improve the CCC editor.
Thanks, Eric...and the question of how many way points are possible is an interesting one, but I can say for certain the H can do A thru Z easily

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig