Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cool *free* video editor

Reaction score
After trying Resolve (a few releases back) for a while I got annoyed by the learning curve and not being able to 'quickly' produce some showable video I gave it up. Then there was this post in this forum about the new release of Resolve and it being so easy for even the most backward non-nerd to use that I downloaded it again.

I am afraid I have to admit I must be of less intelligence then the most backward non-nerd.

Although I tried very hard to understand and work with Resolve I gave up and switched to another editor to which my intuition reacts better. What helps as well is that the UI is available in my language (Dutch) and there are a few very good tutorials on the website of the maker.

Using the magnifying glass'search window I saw the name of the program appear a few times in the Yuneec forums.

Shotcut

I also tried Resolve after seeing good reviews. But the only issue I have with it is I can't get it to recognize the video stright from the h. I Have To Convert It To A Different Format Before I Even Begin To Edit it. So I went back to adobe premier. But I'll look into this editor also.

I tried Shotcut some months ago after I gave up the ghost with Resolve but I found it to be a bit unstable and it would often crash during mid-edit. I agree, though, that while it was working I could see that it was a very easy program to use and it's a shame that it kept crashing for me otherwise I would have continued using it.

I agree about Resolve. It only resolved me not to use it.:rolleyes:

I have finally settled on Video Studio Ultimate Ver 10. It is easy to sit down and make a decent video almost intuitively, but it is also very powerful once you learn more of the details. The online downloadable PDF Manual is 328 pages. It ain't free, but it are good. If I can use it, any of you can. Nope, no stock in Corel (Canada).

You do need a fairly powerful computer and video card. Wanta mess editing 4K, ya gotta get the necessary.:D

Reactions: Camflyer15
I agree about Resolve. It only resolved me not to use it.:rolleyes:

I have finally settled on Video Studio Ultimate Ver 10. It is easy to sit down and make a decent video almost intuitively, but it is also very powerful once you learn more of the details. The online downloadable PDF Manual is 328 pages. It ain't free, but it are good. If I can use it, any of you can. Nope, no stock in Corel (Canada).

You do need a fairly powerful computer and video card. Wanta mess editing 4K, ya gotta get the necessary.:D
I finally settled on Filmora mainly because it runs well on my 6 year old laptop and is fairly easy to use:)...but I had to pay for it:(. There is a free version but it renders with a very heavy watermark.

Reactions: Rayray
Made a modest and short movie with the program, no postprocessing (so colours a bit bleak etc) nor music. It is hosted @Facebook, so please get the 720p (=max at FB) resolution.
Program does not crash or anything like that.

Link

Last edited:
There's also Hitfilm Express which is fairly full featured for being free. Of course they have a Pro version as well with a lot more features.

There's a short movie that was done with an older version of Hitfilm Express on YouTube call "Portal Combat" that shows off what the software can really do. Several of the shots used in the movie were done with a quad, BTW.

Made a modest and short movie with the program, no postprocessing (so colours a bit bleak etc) nor music. It is hosted @Facebook, so please get the 720p (=max at FB) resolution.
Program does not crash or anything like that.

Link
I've just seen it. Colours weren't too bad considering no post work. Not bad at all in fact, and I said so on your FB page:)

I have been using Gopro Studio with another drone and grown used to it. Is there any way to use it with the H?

I have been using Gopro Studio with another drone and grown used to it. Is there any way to use it with the H?
There was a thread about Gopro Studio a while back. As I recall, There was a problem in that it wouldn't use TH footage. Do a search (magnifying glass top right of screen.

You can get a video converter such as Mpeg Streamclip and there are other free ones, I use wondershare to convert Typhoon H video into a MP4 H264 format that GoPro studio will recognize.

There's also Hitfilm Express which is fairly full featured for being free. Of course they have a Pro version as well with a lot more features.

There's a short movie that was done with an older version of Hitfilm Express on YouTube call "Portal Combat" that shows off what the software can really do. Several of the shots used in the movie were done with a quad, BTW.

I feel like I've tried every free, open source, and crapware video editor and this one is the best. It's easier than Blender and more robust than Adobe Premier. It works great on my laptop and only lags a little bit. It hasn't hung on me yet. MSI cheapie gaming rigs cost less than a Typhoon. intel i7 6700 Nvidia 1060 3GB and 16GB RAM is enough to run it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Polenutrition