Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Enable GPS mid flight

We do not have, nor pay for extreme accuracy with the GPS systems incorporated in our hobby/toy grade flight systems. People need to get over the expectation of obtaining a highly sophisticated, high precision flight system for a multirotor that costs less than a basic altimeter used in a full scale aircraft. That basic altimeter provides for manual adjustment to set local pressure or reflect location specific ground reference altitude and has to be periodically while in flight for changes in barometric influenced by changes in weather systems. We cannot do that with equipment that fits within the prices we are willing to pay. As for IPS, it can only function when within a few feet of a surface.

Perhaps if more importance is the need for people to invest a little time and effort in learning how the systems used in what they have function, and the numerous factors that limit what they can have. Two of the easiest to comprehend are size and cost, independent of the rest of the aircraft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dxer
Very nice post thank you much keep up the great work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting discussion here, and I noticed on another recent thread that someone disabled GPS mid flight, then tried to enable it again and it wouldn't come back on when flying in rual area goes self induced bad. Slightly different circumstances as they started with GPS whereas I didn't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba