Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Freewell ND Filters for H Plus

Drone photography is no different from regular photography from the standpoint of using an ND filter to regulate the amount of light entering the lens. To know which filter to use and when, one must learn a little of the basics of photography. Simply put: the ND filter needed at any given time will depend on the lighting and subject one is shooting. It also depends on what you are shooting - video or stills. Basically ND filters are of far more use shooting videos from a moving platform like a drone.

8 posts above your's (post #152) there is a video about ND filters, a video like that would be a good place to start. ;) Also if you look back through this entire thread there is a lot of good info on the subject.

Freewell claim's that some of Yuneec's C23 bodies were produced with different threads and that this is the reason that their filter's did not fit some C-23's. However many of us have the Freewell filters and they fit our C23 just fine.

Drone photography is no different from regular photography from the standpoint of using an ND filter to regulate the amount of light entering the lens. To know which filter to use and when, one must learn a little of the basics of photography. Simply put: the ND filter needed at any given time will depend on the lighting and subject one is shooting. It also depends on what you are shooting - video or stills. Basically ND filters are of far more use shooting videos from a moving platform like a drone.

8 posts above your's (post #152) there is a video about ND filters, a video like that would be a good place to start. ;) Also if you look back through this entire thread there is a lot of good info on the subject.

Freewell claim's that some of Yuneec's C23 bodies were produced with different threads and that this is the reason that their filter's did not fit some C-23's. However many of us have the Freewell filters and they fit our C23 just fine.

[인용 = "제임스 정, 게시물 : 163965, 회원 : 18392"] [/ 견적]

조언 해줘서 고마워. 나는 Freewell의 필터가 포기해야한다고 생각한다. 그들은 결코 팔지 않는다고 말한다. 다른 브랜드를 추천 해 주시겠습니까? 나는 당신의 충고를 소중히 생각합니다.

Translation:

[Quote = "James Chung, Posts: 163965, Members: 18392"] [/ Quote]

Thanks for your advice. I think Freewell's filter should give up. They say they never sell. Could you recommend a different brand? I value your advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your advice. I think Freewell's filter should give up. They say they never sell. Could you recommend a different brand? I value your advice.

Currently, I do not think there are any other ND filters manufactured just specifically for the C-23/E-90 However, your Typhoon H Plus should have come with an adapter ring. If you install this onto your C-23, this will allow you to use any normal 40.5 mm filter. Here in the US we can buy a 3 ND filter set for under 20 dollars US. Single ND filters can be found for as low as 15 dollars. I do not know what the availability is like where you are but I am guessing you can find them. Good Luck.

This is what the filter adapter looks like. You should have gotten one with your Plus.

Adap1.jpg

FWIW I just contacted Freewell and effective 1/1/2019 they are no longer selling filters for Yuneec. They no longer list the Typhoon H+, or 520. They do have some stock left on filters for the H, Chroma, and Q500.

Search

Yep, pretty much what Freewell said in this thread back in September (below is from Page 5, post #96). There for a while there were left over stocks but I am guessing that will soon come to an end. Sad to see as they are of good quality

. . . . . . . . .

So for now we will not supply this filter even for E90 we are calling them END OF LIFE.

Thanks for everyone input I have read above which filters they would like to see in kit & we are definitely going to take this into consideration.

If you have any more concern pls write me directly on [email protected] .

Thanks
Harry From Freewell

Sorry, did not read every post here. Brings up a question, what's the next best source for ND filters for the Typhoon Plus camera?

Quality or on the cheap?

Sorry, did not read every post here. Brings up a question, what's the next best source for ND filters for the Typhoon Plus camera?

No worries - it is along thread. ;) However look 4 posts up, with the adapter, you can use standard camera ND filters - they are everywhere. Page six has many links.

I'm also interested in which good quality 39 mm ND filters are actually available as using 40.5 mm filters + adapter is heavier.

Currently there are NO aftermarket dedicated ND filters (dedicated means ones that are made specifically for the C23/E90's threading) However, your Plus comes with an adapter - it will allow you to use any standard 40.5 mm ND filter. See above post #164 ;)

I'm also interested in which good quality 39 mm ND filters are actually available as using 40.5 mm filters + adapter is heavier.

Because the C23 has male threading, you will be looking for 40.5 filters used with the OEM ring adapter. The best quality ND filters you are going to find are Formatt Hitech:

Formatt Hitech ND Filters - B&H Photo

Currently there are NO aftermarket dedicated ND filters (dedicated means ones that are made specifically for the C23/E90's threading) However, your Plus comes with an adapter - it will allow you to use any standard 40.5 mm ND filter. See above post #164 ;)

Yep, I get that. Just curious what others are using. Sporty of Yuneec to recognize that they did something odd with the camera and to supply the adapter ring.

Just seen that the ND filters are made from resin. Not sure if that would be a good idea in a flying environment.
My guess is that anytime you can reduce weight on a drone is a good thing and resin does the trick.

Reactions: TurboDad81
Has anyone tried these 40.5mm filters? Overall, they have pretty decent reviews. They're really thin, so they might be light enough.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KYN1CHI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_GXGlCbMAPXTVH
I went ahead and got these. They were delivered today. I will say, they're made from aluminum, and they are definitely heavier than the factory clear lens. As you can see in the pics, they look real nice. When I took the gimbal lock off, the camera fell face forward and straight down. When I turned it on, it straightened itself right out though. Not sure how it will perform while flying. I'm sure it'll need calibrated. I was going to weigh them, but my kitchen scale is somehow broken. They came in a pretty nice nylon case and with a cheesy lens brush. It works good though. Got my fingerprints off my clear lens. IMG_20190106_174840820.jpegIMG_20190106_174858974.jpegIMG_20190106_185456049.jpegIMG_20190106_185712790.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold