Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware update!!

On the H, only the Auto Pilot and Camera were updated. AP went from v1.15 to v1.16 and the camera went from v3.1.37(A) to v3.2.07(A). The gimbal was not updated.
On the ST16, the System updated from .b18 to .b22, the Transmitter from 00.16 to 00.19, and the Radio from 1.08 to 1.09.
Before and after the updates, the RC link took about 5 sec on average. The Wireless link typically took 45-55 sec, and after the update still took about 40 sec. Don't see much (if any) improvement here. Maybe in the next update?
Also, after you update the ST16, you need to reconnect to your AP for internet. Then if you run the FlightLogParser, you will get your data shown on a US map. Initially, it came up with Chinese labels, but that went away within seconds. The icons at the top show pitch, roll and yaw and the nintendo icons show stick moment. I just wish the map view also had satellite view (or else I haven't found it yet). This is for stored telemetry data, not real-time.

At least how many GPS need to start
I had to find a location of 11, before it would let me calibrate, and I had to tap a few times and turn all both off/on to get them to grab, Pain, but persistence paid off ! I flew it today flawlessly ! Thank God !;)

I had to find a location of 11, before it would let me calibrate, and I had to tap a few times and turn all both off/on to get them to grab, Pain, but persistence paid off ! I flew it today flawlessly ! Thank God !;)
Thanks DC I will try it tomorrow morning .

Reactions: DroneClone
Reformatted the card, copied file over again. Insert, still says upgrade package not find.
You should format the SD card using the Android file manager, inside the ST16.

After formatting the SD card, put it in the PC and copy the firmware file.

Then insert the SD card in ST16, and turn on the ST16; you can check that the SD card is seen by the Android file manager.

At this point, the upgrade is successful.

Good luck.

Start up in house or outside? with props on? In the house ,props off, mine might be a hair faster, but then I never was one of the ones whose took really long to boot, maybe one minute. I guess tomorrow I will really find out when ready to fly !

After the upgrade to the new firmware:
In the house, props off : 1 min 37 sec between the switch-on of H and ready to fly (all connected).

It is better than before (more than 2 min), but it is not exciting.

RC connects within seconds, but WiFi continues to disconnect and reconnect.

I suspect that these poor improvements are linked to the European version.

I use the European version (I'm Italian), and you, of course, no.

I appeal to all readers of the forum; can You tell what version you use, and what results have you had from firmware upgrade ?

Thank you in advance.

Just done the last FW updates (TH & ST-16) Standard (A)merica version from Youneec site....smooth like the silk!

Now going to fly!

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
On the H, only the Auto Pilot and Camera were updated. AP went from v1.15 to v1.16 and the camera went from v3.1.37(A) to v3.2.07(A). The gimbal was not updated.
On the ST16, the System updated from .b18 to .b22, the Transmitter from 00.16 to 00.19, and the Radio from 1.08 to 1.09.
Before and after the updates, the RC link took about 5 sec on average. The Wireless link typically took 45-55 sec, and after the update still took about 40 sec. Don't see much (if any) improvement here. Maybe in the next update?
Also, after you update the ST16, you need to reconnect to your AP for internet. Then if you run the FlightLogParser, you will get your data shown on a US map. Initially, it came up with Chinese labels, but that went away within seconds. The icons at the top show pitch, roll and yaw and the nintendo icons show stick moment. I just wish the map view also had satellite view (or else I haven't found it yet). This is for stored telemetry data, not real-time.

Looking at the ST-16 screen as the FW update performs....i saw "updating Gymball" in the leyends that cycles as the 4/4 steps go on.

"updating AutoPilot"
"updating Camera"
"updating Gymball"

Cheers!

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
All mine went ok apart from binding aircraft to controller which just watched video on u tube and it said stick it in team mode and that activates binding mode, did that and all is well, test flown everything ok.

My H is now bricked.
The camera will connect, I get video, just not control of the H.
I have to remove the battery to power it down.
Of course it has to be the weekend, No Flying, and no Yuneec support.:mad:

If the big rear LED is blinking blue then you need to rebind it the H to the ST16.

Flew mine in some fairly gusty winds this morning. Still flies great and gimbal function is very smooth. I really like the on screen video/still play back feature that came with the upgrade. Pretty darn useful. I haven't tried disconnecting from GpS yet..

Before the update, 50-55 sec. After the update, 45 sec. This is measured with turning on the ST-16 and allowing it to fully boot and say looking for wireless. Then I turn on H. Times are measured after the startup sound is over. For comparison, the RC connects have always been about 5 sec.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextsi