Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fly straight you bug#er!

Reaction score
Interesting development on a practice flight yesterday.

I thought I'd try Journey mode and set up the beast following onscreen instructions after a quick take off and landing to ensure all was well (and it was)

Journey take off was scary as it repeatedly lurched over to starboard almost to the point of getting props on the ground.

Before I could abort it leap up spun around and shot off at a shallow angle curving port. I aborted and returned to base. Then i found flying straight forward wasn't straight forward any more. More like a long curve tending to port. Hard to control.

After a few short flights I gave up, landed, and cycled power on bird and controller. Launched again and all was perfect.

Anyone else had using Journey (or any of the other flight modes) screw things up?

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Best of my knowledge, any of the special modes, should only be used when you are off the ground and in flight. Because you are in SMART mode, The H will attempt to stay 26 feet or so away from you. Several members have had bad crashes when taking off in SMART mode.

Reactions: GhostGuy
It was 10 metres away and in the onscreen instructs it said start with it on the ground camera pointing at you.. Switch was in A mode not S. Dont want to try any special modes now.... [emoji44]

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Agreed... if you get a chance RayRay, I'd add CaptainDrone's Hand Catch video to the Reference Helps sticky thread.

Last edited:
That would be difficult if, as per original observation, going forward stick results in left curvy flight etc but agree hand catch is the way to land it. Looks easy enough...

Agreed... if you get a chance RayRay, I'd add CaptainDrone's Hand Catch video to the Reference Helps sticky thread.

That's a good video. But keep in mind once you have catched the Typhoon don't try to idle the motors when you have the latest firmware installed. This is not working anymore. Instead push right away the red button. Even easier.

Cheers

T

Thanks, I'll give it a go. :)

I had this "not flying straight" issue nearly every time I flew after my H came back from service usually to port like you describe, but sometimes to starboard as well. Always in Angle mode and generally started a few minutes into the flight especially after doing some turns. Hand catch saved me a couple times. I think this is a sign of a compass issue.

Getting disillusioned... Did it fix itself or was it back to Yuneec?

Interestingly enough, journey is the only task I haven't tested since I purchased the H, I just don't find any particular use to it. Have any other of the advanced task modes (curve cable cam, point of interest or orbit me) had some unexpected behavior?

I am usually using curved cable cam and occasionally point of interest / orbit and do not have any problems with it. I tried journey once but didn't find it very useful

Reactions: Flymofo
any other of the advanced task modes (curve cable cam, point of interest or orbit me) had some unexpected behavior?
I daren't try them now. List a bit of faith in it and will need a few more successfull self guided flights in the bag before I try again...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinlevin