Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Freewell ND Filters for H Plus

So

the big question is are you going to make filters again?
Using the 40.5mm thread instead?

We really need all the ND filters for the E90 and C23 as I have many customers asking for them.
Thanks
Haydn
Importer of Yuneec into Australia

Hey Haydn,

Presently we have no such plan for now we have decided to fully END OF LIFE all the Yuneec accessories including our Tyhoon H filter after finishing existing stocks.

Thanks
Harry

I got the hybrid pack when I ordered the drone, and was gonna wait a bit to order the all day pack with the nd 32 & 64 filters in it.

Unfortunately now freewell pulled the products they are impossible to find in EU. Luckily I was able to find a set in US that are on route to me.

But what dosent make sense to me is why freewell would pull the filters off the market because they don't fit a product they weren't intended for the C23?

There must be more to this. Are Yuneec about to include filters with their products?
My guess has been that they got shafted by Yuneec over this wrong thread size and Yuneec didn't want to help out financially for Yuneecs stuff up.
So cancelled all Yuneec accessories.
A shame as they worked very well.
Im still trying to find an Alternative.
still waiting on suggestions.

I Have the same problem. I bought the Freewell bright day filter set. It does not fit on my C23 camera. I have not contacted Freewell yet but I intend to do so. Is there any new info on this?

Does anyone know the two thread diameters between the C23 and the E90? Are there any ring adaptors available?

Does anyone know the two thread diameters between the C23 and the E90? Are there any ring adaptors available?
Dont know the thread size but you should have gotten a 40.5mm filter adabter with the drone ?

The thread diameter on the lens is 39mm... an adapter ring to a standard 40.5mm size is included.

I found a set on Amazon for the E90. ND4CP, ND8CP & ND16CP and they screw on the C23 39mm threads. Amazon said it was listed as "Last One" but Im sure more can be found, if not I feel very lucky to have found a set.

Reactions: mbernholdt
Since the debate on Freewell has been ended by the manufacturer, now we must turn to alternatives. I have been conducting an ongoing chat with B&H Photo/Video for available ND filters in the 40.5mm size.

ND filters 40.5mm size

While there are many choices, virtually all manufacturers are designing these filters for a standard camera with an adjustable aperture... so generally there is little need to create a continuous range of densities.

The only brand I can find on B&H is a high-end manufacturer of photographic filters...Formatt Hitech.

Formatt Hitech ND filters

the other option is going onto Amazon, with many filters spread across many brands... however for any degree of consistancy between filters, you need a set from a single brand.

Amazon - ND Filters 40.5mm

This is the only set I could find that might be useful... Polaroid is not exactly a known brand as a manufacturer of filters... of course you'll only lose $20 if they are not up to par:

Polaroid ND filters

It's too bad Polar Pro did not jump in there, but with the sheer numbers of DJI units out there vs. Yuneec units... I can't really blame them.

Last edited:
Since I already had a fitting set of hybrid filters from Freewell, and assuming that @Freewell was right in their statement and video that Yuneec has been supplying the C23 with different filter s I was certain that if I ordered a Bright day pack would fit.

Unfortunately, to my discovery, I have to say that Freewell also has been supplying filter sets with different threads. In the attached video you will see that I unscrew a Freewell hybrid filter and are unable to unscrew a filter from the Bright day pack.

I bought Gobe's 40.5mm "ND Family" set of filters (ND 2, 4, 8, 64 and 1000) for $81 US, direct from their web site. I didn't see that bundle on Amazon.

Reactions: mbernholdt
Unfortunately, that jump from 8 to 64 is too much to be of use... and stacking multiple filters on the low end would make it too front heavy, in addition to the image degradation from multiple filter surfaces.

Reactions: Dave21740
Unfortunately, that jump from 8 to 64 is too much to be of use... and stacking multiple filters on the low end would make it too front heavy, in addition to the image degradation from multiple filter surfaces.

I'm glad you pointed that out! I completely missed that jump in f-stop. That's what I get for buying in a rush. Time to cancel and check the price on a different bundle or individual filters.

Okay, so this seems to be something to look into, but you gotta admit it seems almost impossible that Yuneec could make such a bone-headed mistake but if its possible okay lets figure it out. Curious, do you have access to a micrometer? I would like to rule out either Freewell or Yuneec as being the ones changing the size of the thread mount. If we can get measurements we will see which is which.

And please know I am just asking, so don't take this wrong but, you are positive that there is nothing on the the lens body of your C23 and it looks like mine in the picture above in that; it is showing the threads and they are slightly smaller in diameter than the body of the lens housing?

Also where are you located?

Hello Ty.
I feel I need to clarify something here.
As we know the C23 is the E90
I have both cameras and I have the freewell filters and they do for me fit both cameras. So we are both very lucky.
Whilst you are correct Freewell filters should fit both E90 and C23.
However the problem actually started on the E90 many many months ago.

Yuneec are shipping different size threads and on the smaller thread the free wells keep spinning and do not tighten up.
I borrowed an E90 from yuneec for a while the free wells did not fit.
Kev Waite also has this issue on his E90.

So I measured the thread size and on some E90’s the thread was 0.5 mm smaller.

So to get around this problem I wrapped PTFE plumber tape around the thread this then made the freewells fit.

But here is the weird thing.
Using the uv filter that comes with the E90 I swapped them both around and each fitted on the other E90. Go figure that out.
But the freewells didn’t.

Anyway it seems that yuneec may of had a certain number of threads manufactured wrongly.

Hope this helps the OP out by using plumbers tape to make them fit.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Using the uv filter that comes with the E90 I swapped them both around and each fitted on the other E90. Go figure that out.
But the freewells didn’t.
Sounds like the threads are cut deeper in the OEM filters. That may be evident with a vernier caliper.

Reactions: Peggy
ND filters can be confusing at first. Here's a chart that may help. For me ND4, ND8 and the ND16 are what I use most.

d1d64d3f2d0da519527b6fbe4aa6fc25.jpg

Since I already had a fitting set of hybrid filters from Freewell, and assuming that @Freewell was right in their statement and video that Yuneec has been supplying the C23 with different filter s I was certain that if I ordered a Bright day pack would fit.

Unfortunately, to my discovery, I have to say that Freewell also has been supplying filter sets with different threads. In the attached video you will see that I unscrew a Freewell hybrid filter and are unable to unscrew a filter from the Bright day pack.

Found another set from a European dealer that arrived today and guess what it fits perfectly.

So either Yuneec have been delivering cameras with different thread sizes in US and EU or freewell have had a flaw in their production line.

Reactions: ECKEROTH

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ardigitalmedia