Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. hardmaninc

Hi All

Just got my H today but I can't for the life of me see how to choose manual white balance help me please :(

2. Subtle Shots

On my 4K you have to choose the camera from the transmitter menu. Choose the CGO3 pro.
    This opens up the manual settings that will then automatically show up on the left side of the screen....hopefully it's the same for the H.
    Can you check the shutter speeds available on the H for me if you can open up the manual settings? My 4K only goes down to 1/30 of a second for still pictures. Hopefully the H will take a four second still image for night shots. My H is still on order. .....

3. hardmaninc

Thanks I will give it a try and only got mine yesterday so off out for a flight today

4. Subtle Shots

For those concerned about the shutter speed I just saw Simon Newton confirm I believe on a YouTube video that the camera will stay open for three or four seconds for night shooting on still pictures. Way to go unique!

5. gezzo

But in order to have a shutter speed lower than 1/30 sec. You must change the image format from JPEG to RAW (called something else in the menu).

Subtle Shots likes this.
  6. Paladin

Did you put the ST16 into advanced mode? When that is activated you will then see the manual camera controls.

7. Subtle Shots

Thanks for the info

8. Eric

I think that nobody here knows what is a manual white balance...

9. Subtle Shots

Thats a good question for a pole.....how many people on this forum knows what a white balance is? Just reply with "

I DO!"

10. Mr GruntHunter

11. Subtle Shots

I do! TOO!

12. ModBod

13. Paladin

I use a gray card for while balancing when I film so I am sure as heck going to manually white balance on that camera if it can be done and I figure out how. i:)i

14. jwjohnson

I do

15. Ed Kaz

You CAN pick and set a kelvin temp, but No way to perform a MANUAL white balance using a gray card other than in post processing.
    There is also no way to judge exposure while in use (No exp Meter or histogram) other than looking at the glare prone controller screen and HOPING all is well.

16. Paladin

I figured as much. I have not played with the camera, or much of anything, yet unfortunately. I have played with the ST16 and did not see any options for that so no surprises. Thanks for the information. I did purchase the polar filter sets to help.

17. Mr GruntHunter

Can you make camera adjustments real time while you're flying if you need to?

18. PatR

Yes

19. tinchob

one idea that i will try tonight; there is a LOCK mode in the left side bar of camera settings, therefor: 1) place a white target iluminated 2) frame that target covering as much as you can the entire picture (viewing in the ST16) [covering the entire F.O.V of the camera will be the best] 3) select Auto WB 4) wait until you see that the camera has perform WB 5) without moving a hair, enable LOCK mode. And let see if the WB stay without change or shifts as you move arround and under diferent types of light surce (tungsten, led, daylight, fluorescent....
    The "Kelvins" of your light type decided when WB must stay LOCKED and not change (exiting LOCK, i think, return the WB to Auto WB)

#19 tinchob, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  20. OnTheRopes

hmmm, not sure what use that will be unless the H is on the ground, you need a tripod for long exposures