Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

MAYTECH CF PROPS FOR H

It would be a lot simpler if makers dumped the "twist lock" propeller mounts and returned to a basic flat mounted prop using a couple of m3 screws to secure them to the motor. There's a wide variety of those to choose from. Unfortunately people are lazy and love the "convenience" of a push button prop lock that costs them more money, generates wear to the locking mechanism every time it is installed or removed, and severely limits performance alterations. A lot is sacrificed for convenience.

I for one despise quick-lock/release props. They wear out quicker and are more expensive. For the record, I've never lost one standard threaded prop to improper tightening.

When i developed the idea a good friend told me about how the through hole props cause loose blades once the manufactures started using engine braking. That led to the aluminum hubs that dont loosen on their own.

If I can fly 15" to 38" "through hole" props on a multirotor using aggressive motor braking and not have hole enlargement, anyone can. That was not a typo, 38" is correct. Even large scale RC gas engines 150cc and up provide a form of braking on propellers used with gas two stroke engines. The prop is accelerating and decelerating with each combustion cycle. They don't elongate holes either, unless the prop screws are loose. Tell your friend to use a screw diameter that comes close to the hole size, use a little Loctite, and torque them correctly.

Last edited:
Ok thats good to know, i guess to a certain degree that setup is less idiot proof which mucst have caused the change to the hub's and the quick release

Actually flew it last night and had some nice results. No shaking no vibration just some slight touching of the blades in the two front rotors. It seems the tolerance on the two front ones center to center is tighter than the rest of them. Flight time increased by 2 minutes in factory battery and 3.5 minutes in the 8000mah officially pushing it past 24 min. This was running abs 3d printed adapters and 9450 plastic props from the "others" shhhhhhhh.

Well I ordered some carbon fiber ones from the mother land of production and I'm hopeful that performance will increase a little more.

Anyone who wants to give it a shot or collaborate your welcome to explore the idea and if you contact me I can set it up so that shapeways gets you the full adapter set at my cost in nylon. Also remember they have the tray V1.0 in nylon for a DIY setup.

Keep up the good work. We disagree from time to time but I think you're doing some very functional and necessary experimentation that not many others are capable of.

Reactions: Ralphy
If everyone always agreed it be no fun! By the way one thing g that's different on this yuneec is that the engines brake suddenly when you shut them off, that's not something the phantom does. So the first couple times I powered on and then off the motors props unscrewed and flew by themselves due to this sudden braking.

I will post some high def video later today so you guys can see how smooth it flies. I believe there is a 9443 prop too that I could order and try in the near future.

$22 bucks for a full set of adapters in white is the best price I got.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Delta
Ralphy, were you able to solve the issue of the front two props rubbing? Or was it minimal enough that it fixed itself?

jngrally406 said:
Ralphy, were you able to solve the issue of the front two props rubbing? Or was it minimal enough that it fixed itself?

I snipped them with scissors these are plastic, the carbon fibers don't have that issue but I only had 4 available so ordered more.

Someone asked... The stock props are 50g/set. The Maytechs are 69g/set. The upward difference is in the metallic hub, as already noted. The CF blade is actually lighter, though I have no idea how to figure out the weight distribution. Ideas?

What's the point they both suck? The motors get hot as heck because the pitch isn't optimized and the entire top of the motor is covered.

With the DJI you get more venting to the motor and it spins slower quieter and longer.

The central hub is also smaller getting you lighter rotational mass that's more concentrated in the central axis.

Ralphy, I ordered your prop adapters from Shapeways today. I will fly them hard when I get them, and let you know how I get along. Thanks

Cool you need to get a set of 25 m2.5x5mm pan head screws.

The factory only uses 2 per motor I use 4 per motor on the adapters.

Power on and off several times before taking flight and make sure the props don't come off when the motors brake during the power down.

I let them self screw on then tighten about 1/8 of a turn and they stay on good.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace