Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. EdgyTripp

Before I start a flight there is no problem. After I take off and run for a bit I will land and turn off my propellers but there is a high pitched sound coming from the drone almost like a fan at high speed. When I turn off then turn the drone back on the sound will be gone. Does anyone else have this issue? I will see if I can make a video to record the sound and post it later.

2. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

Hmm...maybe it's telling you it's cold:eek:. Has it warmed up in Canada yet?:)
    Seriously though, I do not recall seeing that problem before. Are you running the latest Autopilot version 1.35 firmware? Does it have the RealSense module?

3. NorWiscPilot

Edgy,

You state "...almost like a fan at high speed." Maybe it is the fan in the H, running at high speed.

Have you put your H on its back to see the fan on the underside?

Jeff

4. PatR

Fans in the -16 I'm aware of but fans inside the H is a new one for me.

5. NorWiscPilot

The fan on the H is actually in the Intel RealSense module. Sorry.

Hope Vertigo Drones doesn't mind a link to their RealSense Module and pictures page.

6. ChadCloses

I had a pretty loud Typhoon H also but since it was my first, I had nothing to compare it to. When I went to Yuneec the tech said your H is really loud and noticed that the Fan inside the Real Sense module was missing a couple blades and fixed it.

7. EdgyTripp

Yes it's a Realsense model, I'm not sure about the fan inside/underneath it, I'll check next time I fly, I have a feeling that's not the issue because the sound I think is louder than what that little fan could make I'm guessing. Maybe there's a blade of grass inside. I haven't taken it apart, not sure how easy that is. It's been pretty nice out lately, it was around +5c at the time, a little windy.

#7 EdgyTripp, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  8. EdgyTripp

My Typhoon H Pro was sent back to the factory already after a compass malfunction that sent it flying off uncontrollably, this was only the second time taking it out after I got it back, first flight I didn't notice anything.

9. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member