Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

one of those days and my first Confrontation but a great picture

Hmmm, I'm Thinking that the yellow or orange vests are for part 107 pilots working. Its interesting that some of you are wearing them without the official 107 license nothing say you can't right? I thinking about what kind of reaction I would get at my local park while wearing one of those vests?

Wearing my orange safety vest and helmet going on 2 years, never any issues.

Just wondering @AH-1G have you have been approached by a bystander who is thinking your on some offical business with the drone?

I've also seen the yellow vest on Amazon with the part 107 text on the back

Just wondering @AH-1G have you have been approached by a bystander who is thinking your on some offical business with the drone?
Yes.
I do aerial business photography and construction. Also archiving for the 3 towns.
Ocoee, Fl / Winter Garden Fl, / Apopka Fl.
And charitable events for first responders.

Reactions: Docdor
In fact today I was doing aerials at the charitable fund raising event for Orlando Police Office Kevin Valencia that was Shot in the Head last year

Last edited:
Maybe I am nitpicking but I just wish they would word those "FAA Licensed" vests slightly different, maybe I am a nit picker but it's FAA "Certified" and don't use the word "Drone" and maybe instead of 'Pilot' just say something like "Operator" or "Operations" then; if there is a crew, they could add the appropriate PIC or VO identifiers.

Reactions: AH-1G
Aerial Inspector, Aerial Surveyor, Aerial Historical Archiver?

The wording on those vests is purely for vanities sake.

Someone starts t harass me while I'm flying lawfully, I'd just call the police and ignore them, if they try to assault me, Iowa has stand your ground doctrine codified.

My Company is called sUAV Aerial Services, covers many fields.

Maybe I am nitpicking but I just wish they would word those "FAA Licensed" vests slightly different, maybe I am a nit picker but it's FAA "Certified" and don't use the word "Drone" and maybe instead of 'Pilot' just say something like "Operator" or "Operations" then; if there is a crew, they could add the appropriate PIC or VO identifiers.
agree

At the 99 Cent Only store I picked up a gauzy, non-reflective yellow (actually more like chartreuse) vest. About the only thing that keeps it from wafting away is a 3 inch velcro fastener at the front. If you want to attract attention this will definitely do it.

It was hot today, most of the people are inside. They had a fantastic turn out for this fund raising event.

Attachments

• Fund Rasing 03-02-2019.png
    Fund Rasing 03-02-2019.png
    13 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: thetrecker
The wording on those vests is purely for vanities sake.

Someone starts t harass me while I'm flying lawfully, I'd just call the police and ignore them, if they try to assault me, Iowa has stand your ground doctrine codified.

To an extent I agree; it's just to ward off the way-too-curious types but, in the extremely rare event there is a mishap while conducting operations under 107, that has to be reported - anyone that was aggravating or disrupting those operations will face a Federal Investigation due to the fact that it will fall under an FAA and possibly NTSB jurisdiction.

Although I tease about wearing a bright colored vest, I wear one as well. It seems to keep people from approaching me. Except cops, they make it a point to approach, usually with questions about how everything works and what it takes to do it.

I have a vest, hard hat and glasses. I have yet to use them with my drones, but have used them quite frequently in my photography business. Most, if not all, construction sites require this gear when you’re onsite. Having your own gear that is clean, serviceable and functional is a mark of professionalism.

Reactions: Docdor and Ty Pilot
Get your self one of those fake police badges and flash it at the ones coming to question you about your flight. Tell them they will need to appear in court for the case you are working on. You will see them run for the hills as they want no part of the legal system :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li