Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Part 107

it sucked, they always try to trick you with different wording. All I can say is read, read again pick your answer and then read the question again. LOL............

Interesting and informative article for all the 107 operators that are hoping to jump into the game and go for the big bucks. The references within pertain to New York but most populated states have similar requirements. The message is to learn about your target market and be prepared to do more than fly a little aircraft and take pictures. The 107 ticket is just the beginning of the requirement list.

Jack of all trades, some inconvenient drone truths - sUAS News - The Business of Drones

Christopher very well said , explained very well. Also ask Chris senior what the e.21 voltage means on the Cleo h voltage meter. For a good laugh

Hypothetical License / Certification Question

Let's say I have a YouTube channel & post Vlogs weekly & occasionally have live chats with subscribers. I'm not going to use my drone for anything other than scenery shots (I'm a full time RV'er) that will be combined with regular content. I'll stay under 400 feet, away from airports & won't fly in National Parks or other restricted areas. Other than a piddling amount from YouTube and the sale of my merchandise I'm not being paid. Do I need a 107 & if so why? If the answer is "Yes" can a specific section of the requirements be listed?

Thanks

My understanding is that if any photos or video clips you shoot are used "in furtherance of a business" (ie; they are used to generate money), then they are considered as "used commercially" and would therefore require you to have your part 107. This topic came up a while back and someone pointed to a website that is partnered with the FAA and a simple FAQ that went something like: If you take a picture and sometime later someone asks if they can have a copy and they use it for their own interest is that okay? And the answer was yes. I would say if your doing this on a regular basis . . . . then you would need a part 107 certificate.

If you want to see the requirements for a Part 107, as well as rules pertaining to commercial use under part 107 and everything else, go to the FAA website, and there on the front page is a link to Become a UAS Pilot.

Reactions: PDX1953
My understanding is that if any photos or video clips you shoot are used "in furtherance of a business" (ie; they are used to generate money), then they are considered as "used commercially" and would therefore require you to have your part 107. This topic came up a while back and someone pointed to a website that is partnered with the FAA and a simple FAQ that went something like: If you take a picture and sometime later someone asks if they can have a copy and they use it for their own interest is that okay? And the answer was yes. I would say if your doing this on a regular basis . . . . then you would need a part 107 certificate.

If you want to see the requirements for a Part 107, as well as rules pertaining to commercial use under part 107 and everything else, go to the FAA website, and there on the front page is a link to Become a UAS Pilot.

Thank you for your in-depth response. We've all heard the excuse, "I'm just asking for a 'friend' " but in this case it's true and I've passed along the information. He bought a Mavic Pro from Costco on Black Friday ($899) & since he & his wife are full-timers in a Sprinter size RV they really don't have a lot of room so the Mavic should work out well for them.

If any type of consideration is obtained, in any amount, through the use of an unmanned aircraft a 107 license is required.

Reactions: Ty Pilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss