Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Q500 as back-up

Reaction score
Hi, my business is quite good and I have to have a back-up drone Have been offered to buy a used Q500 Will the St16 fit Q500?

Hi, my business is quite good and I have to have a back-up drone Have been offered to buy a used Q500 Will the St16 fit Q500?

Unfortunately no. The camera from the Q500 will bind to the St 16 but not the drone. I bought a used Q500 for the same reason. It's been a good addition to the camera fleet. The hand held gimbal that came with the Q is great with that regular CGO3 camera.

Hmmm.... I have seen posts that indicate the ST16 will work with the Q500 but be aware the video feed from the Q is a much lower resolution so the view you will get will be very poor on the ST16. Also, depending on which camera is on the Q500, you will have more difficulty getting the same quality shots.

There are H's (drone only) for sale on eBay for under $400.

The CGO3 from my Q is currently on a TH and it has some freeze frames on the ST but works well enough to set up a shot. I'm assuming you'd have to import a Q500 model into the ST.

The CGO3 from my Q is currently on a TH and it has some freeze frames on the ST but works well enough to set up a shot. I'm assuming you'd have to import a Q500 model into the ST.
I haven't tried using it. With the original firmware the ST16 did have a Q500 as a selection. Of course many functions don't work and the camera controls do nothing. I suspect you could create a new model and name it Q500 and it would still fly okay. It seems all the Yuneec birds use the same control methods and the ST16 should work with all of them.

Hmmm.... I have seen posts that indicate the ST16 will work with the Q500 but be aware the video feed from the Q is a much lower resolution so the view you will get will be very poor on the ST16. Also, depending on which camera is on the Q500, you will have more difficulty getting the same quality shots.

WOW! $400! Will check that! Thanx

Steve, do you remember where you saw this cheap H?

No camera, so if you crash yours and the camera breaks then your back up is useless. You can get a used one for 600 to 700 dollars complete. That's what I did, I have 3 complete kits, if I'm at a job and one fails I have 2 more back ups.

No camera, so if you crash yours and the camera breaks then your back up is useless. You can get a used one for 600 to 700 dollars complete. That's what I did, I have 3 complete kits, if I'm at a job and one fails I have 2 more back ups.
You are right Charlie, I need an complete H as back-up just RTF within a minute or two. I will skipp the Q500.alternative.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BengalFlight